LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

Kevin Givens - DL - UDFA

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
I don't think teams will be scrambling to grab him if he's cut. He could make it to the practice squad. A lot of teams have preseason stars like this.

Remember Marcus Rush?

did he play well against starters or just scrubs like him?

Mostly scrubs. I think he got in pretty early but I don't think Denver started all of their top starters.

I remember a few here pointing out how he ate up that risner dude most wanted and isnt he a starter?
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by English:
Givens is getting a whole lotta love after the Denver game.

Wish he played on the O line!

We have fantastic d line depth now. They should find a trade partner and get a young guard or center of equal promise etc.

Nobody is gonna trade for a rookie UDFA based on a couple of plays in a preseason game.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I don't think teams will be scrambling to grab him if he's cut. He could make it to the practice squad. A lot of teams have preseason stars like this.

Remember Marcus Rush?

Difference is Givens started and also got national attention due to Brian Baldinger putting his film on for everyone to see. Rush sucked at defending the run. Givens is being talked up by analysts and it's unlikely they would do so, or call him the "best DL" in that game if there wasn't something to it.

Yeah, thanks a lot Scott Geelan and Brian Baldinger. Now we can't even stash this guy on the PS. Seatlle will be all over him esp. with the Reed suspension.

Remember Marcus Rush?

did he play well against starters or just scrubs like him?

Mostly scrubs. I think he got in pretty early but I don't think Denver started all of their top starters.

I remember a few here pointing out how he ate up that risner dude most wanted and isnt he a starter?

On one play. Risner is going to be a stud so kudos to Givens.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

We have fantastic d line depth now. They should find a trade partner and get a young guard or center of equal promise etc.

Nobody is gonna trade for a rookie UDFA based on a couple of plays in a preseason game.

This.

I like Baldinger but I don't think just because he's saying something about a player that it's getting national attention. I bet there are close to 30 GM's who still don't know who Givens is.

No one is giving up more than a conditional 7th for him or Valoaga
[ Edited by btthepunk on Aug 21, 2019 at 9:24 AM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I can SEE Ol' Peetey's chalkboard right now... and it reads..

JULIAN
GIVENS
STREET

RICHIE
TOILOLO
KADEN
WILSON
MOSTERT
[ Edited by 9moon on Aug 21, 2019 at 9:05 AM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
Yeah, thanks a lot Scott Geelan and Brian Baldinger. Now we can't even stash this guy on the PS. Seatlle will be all over him esp. with the Reed suspension.

not to mention the cards who have nobody on dline.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tohara3:

Agreed

+2
Originally posted by 9moon:
I can SEE Ol' Peetey's chalkboard right now... and it reads..

JULIAN
GIVENS
STREET

RICHIE
TOILOLO
KADEN
WILSON
MOSTERT

3 undrafted players, two 7th round picks, a 6th round pick, a 4th round pick, and a free agent TE that he could have signed before we did?

Are you concerned?
  • eman
  • Veteran
If we find a taker for Arik Armstead and trade him say for 4th/5th rd in 2020, would we have to pay any of his 9m GTD salary or it comes completely off the books??

We don't need his pass rush and kentavious street could replace his run defensive prowess hopefully! Beside AA is always injury prone and need that money to extend DeFo!
[ Edited by eman on Aug 21, 2019 at 9:30 AM ]

Originally posted by AlmighT49er:
Originally posted by NCommand:

not to mention the cards who have nobody on dline.

Yeah Cardinals would probably claim him immediately. We'll see who else around the league is cut too.
Originally posted by eman:
If we find a taker for Arik Armstead and trade him say for 4th/5th rd in 2020, would we have to pay any of his 9m GTD salary or it comes completely off the books??

We don't need his pass rush and kentavious street could replace his run defensive prowess hopefully! Beside AA is always injury prone and need that money to extend DeFo!

It's already guaranteed. So we would eat 9 million for no reason. It seems extremely unlikely he returns in 2020 though.

It's already guaranteed. So we would eat 9 million for no reason. It seems extremely unlikely he returns in 2020 though.

and noone would give up a 4th or 5th

Why settle for a 4/5th when you are guaranteed a 3rd if he leaves in free agency.
Originally posted by Izyniner:

Why settle for a 4/5th when you are guaranteed a 3rd if he leaves in free agency.

you really think he will strike that big of a FA contract? i doubt it.
Share 49ersWebzone