LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 142 users in the forums

Kevin Givens - DL - UDFA

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Givens was listed as a sleeper/dark horse in OTAs. I've been keeping my eye on him because the kid can certainly play. We may not have a spot for him, but the guy looks like he can really be a player in this system. Our DL is just so incredibly deep now, not sure what we do.

Logically though.. quality surplus means you try to bolster other areas via trade. Just my opinion.

Duuuude, if Givens shows up vs KC, there certainly better be a spot for him. I saw more from Givens yesterday than I've seen from anyone else in the preseason except maybe Solly.

You guys know I'm a big Street fan, but if we're being honest, he's been pretty underwhelming to me.

Yeah, I mean to be fair, Street is essentially a rookie still. He's been up and down. The guy who's "meh" to me is Day. He's up and down as well and doesn't seem to get as much push. Givens has played well in both games so far. Let's see what he does in the next couple of games. I have a feeling if he has any kind of injury they'll try to stash him on IR.
Duuuude, if Givens shows up vs KC, there certainly better be a spot for him. I saw more from Givens yesterday than I've seen from anyone else in the preseason except maybe Solly.

You guys know I'm a big Street fan, but if we're being honest, he's been pretty underwhelming to me.

Street had what a sack and a half last night? I'd rather move/cut jones or day. Day is in a contract yr and I highly doubt we resign him.
the guy who popped off the screen alot was Jay Bromley. Dude blasted through the LOS consistently for 2 TFLs and 2 sacks. I was amazed! looked like Aaron Donald out there
Givens looked good and it was actually against starters and not just the other team's scrubs. He's still probably a PS guy though.
Good one by Baldy on Givens:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/baldys-breakdowns/0ap3000001043010/Examining-the-49ers-best-DL-Kevin-Givens-Baldy-s-Breakdowns
Penn State
6-1
285 lbs

This dude kept popping off the screen last night against Denver's 1's and 2's. Loooord, can he fire off the football.

Was waiting for this thread. He definitely was flashing some good play. Our DL depth is crazy. Doubt we can stash him on the PS but I really hope we manage to get some trades done.

Some crazy tough decisions with our DL cuts. Wouldn't surprise me if some of these guys went on to have some impressive careers after we release them. Would love to get some late rounders for them just to not lose them for nothnig.
I was high on Jones but he might be in trouble. That injury really could cost him.
I noticed this dude in the backfield all night, I was like who is this #60 guy?
Originally posted by NCommand:
Could he be depth to Sheldon Day at 2i?

could replace Day IMO.

Day is on his last yr of his contract and I highly doubt we resign him. I'm fine rolling out this kid next week and letting Buck rest up some more.
Hero, are you Scott Geelan?

[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 20, 2019 at 2:38 PM ]

Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Could he be depth to Sheldon Day at 2i?

could replace Day IMO.

Day is on his last yr of his contract and I highly doubt we resign him. I'm fine rolling out this kid next week and letting Buck rest up some more.

+1

Try but Day has played really well and really fits that 2i nicely. Explosive at the snap. Slippery for a bigger guy.
Where do these guys keep springing up from. Our D-Line depth is ridiculous.

Can any of them play guard? Haven't found the magic fertiliser for that spot yet.
Start DJ Jones on PUP/IR and have Givens take his spot to see if he continues to shine like this. He definitely won't make it past waivers.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Start DJ Jones on PUP/IR and have Givens take his spot to see if he continues to shine like this. He definitely won't make it past waivers.

I like that idea.
Originally posted by 60sFan:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:

I like that idea.

Solid plan because there is a damn good chance that Givens doesn't make it to the PS after that game last night. If he plays like this against KC, then some real tough decisions will have to be made because you can't just lose him for nothing.
Share 49ersWebzone