There are 150 users in the forums

Tryout running back Austin Walter signed.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9moon:
McK was a waste from the get go.. dumb signing IMO..

He hasn't even played a regular season game for us yet and somehow you came to that conclusion?
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
because I didn't think he was ALL THAT when he was w/the Vikings...

That's why..

That's why..

It doesn't matter. I think the plan all long was to get Coleman. Mckinnon will also be great in this offense imo. I think he's gonna line up at WR a lot this offseason.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I just believe that it was a bad signing because it showed the inexperienced of Shanahan.. He wanted to get a RB that would be his Devonte Freeman (Falcons) and Lynch overpaid the guy to do what Freeman did when Shanny was the OC.

then, to make matter worse, I saw 3 RBs from our team that looked promising.

the amount of money we gave McKinnon, we will be forced to use him and give him that chance by any means.. Now, add the signing of Coleman, what is he gonna do w/all the backs?
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Originally posted by Tombo:
I don't get why we have so many similar running backs, but no bruiser at the goal line

Yes we do, his name is Jalen Hurd.

He's too tall and skinny
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mod:
I don't get why we have so many similar running backs, but no bruiser at the goal line

He's too tall and skinny

He's about the same size that Eddie George was.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
The kid looks pretty fast and can play receiver and I don't mean just bubble screen type stuff, the dude can take the top off defenses to go deep.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
The kid looks pretty fast and can play receiver and I don't mean just bubble screen type stuff, the dude can take the top off defenses to go deep.

He looks like Fwankie with more speed.
Originally posted by mod:

He's too tall and skinny

Did you watch any of his highlights from from Tennessee? Too tall and too skinny?
Originally posted by Rascal:

Thanks for sharing. This kid could push for a spot on the PS or maybe even start on ST as kick returner/gunner. Can't wait to see him in pre-season

• evil
  • Veteran

That's why..

Goodwin was not all that in Buffalo and came up a couple nickels shorts of 1k in 2017.

Robert Woods was not all that in Buffalo either, but he put up 1200 yards in LA within McVay's offense.

Scheme/system and an OC's creativity can help put players in a position to produce. Shanahan/Turner have long since proven to find backs who can produce effectively within their scheme.

As for Walter, he is a PS candidate this year. Considering last year we ended up going to our 4th and 5th options at RB due to injuries, it was a good developmental signing.
[ Edited by evil on May 6, 2019 at 6:19 AM ]
  • evil
  • Veteran
Thanks for sharing. This kid could push for a spot on the PS or maybe even start on ST as kick returner/gunner. Can't wait to see him in pre-season

Going to have to beat out Mostert for that spot.

You can predict injuries now, nice!
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Pretty much. Not a bad guy to put on the PS if he's not picked up elsewhere. Same with Jeff Wilson who I think might get snatched up. Depends on if teams are too scared about the fumbles.

Agreed. With all the competition at RB he clearly won't make the 53 but any time you can add potential on the PS it's a good idea. Never know who develops.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mutant-man49:

You can predict injuries now, nice!

I think he was more unnecessary than a waste. We had Breida, who could do the same things.
[ Edited by mayo49 on May 6, 2019 at 8:59 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone