There are 236 users in the forums

Tryout running back Austin Walter signed.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Jet was seen running well the last few weeks during rehab lol.
Any athlete can run. Can he break and cut at game speed though.
Breida 2.0
Originally posted by NCommand:
Breida 2.0

This is why I wish we had traded Brieda. His value will probably never be higher and we can easily find his replacement.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Breida 2.0

This is why I wish we had traded Brieda. His value will probably never be higher and we can easily find his replacement.

I don't think we'd get the value for Brieda that would warrant letting him go. Jordan Howard had back to back 1100+ yard seasons in 2016/17 and 9 TDs in 2017/2018, and the Eagles only gave up a 6th rounder for him. Astounding low for a player that productive. Yes, YPC is the larger marker because it looks for per carry production, but still, I wouldn't want to ship him off too soon and I don't know that we'd get more than a 4th.

Still, don't be totally surprised if something happens with one of our running backs during or after this season as we look to boost other areas. If all remain healthy, we potentially have 5 starting caliber running backs including Jeff Wilson.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on May 6, 2019 at 11:02 AM ]
Coach will always look close at any RB who has this kind of receiving skills...and he should, they're about to become a major part of his offense. So, I like this signing.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Breida 2.0

I don't think we'd get the value for Brieda that would warrant letting him go. Jordan Howard had back to back 1100+ yard seasons in 2016/17 and 9 TDs in 2017/2018, and the Eagles only gave up a 6th rounder for him. Astounding low for a player that productive. Yes, YPC is the larger marker because it looks for per carry production, but still, I wouldn't want to ship him off too soon and I don't know that we'd get more than a 4th.

Still, don't be totally surprised if something happens with one of our running backs during or after this season as we look to boost other areas. If all remain healthy, we potentially have 5 starting caliber running backs including Jeff Wilson.

I think the difference is that Howard is limited where as Brieda can start or be a 3rd down guy. Bell cow backs are seriously devalued now so it makes sense why Howard didn't have a lot of suitors. I agree it might not be much but I was hoping a player for a player trade would net us somthing decent.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by mutant-man49:
Originally posted by 9moon:
McK was a waste from the get go.. dumb signing IMO..

You can predict injuries now, nice!

I think he was more unnecessary than a waste. We had Breida, who could do the same things.

Brieda is not the route runner or pass catcher than Jerrick is and is not as good in blitz pickup, so not unnecessary at all.
Not a lot of people talking about Jeff Wilson, he was a beast for us in his limited role. I really like this kid
Share 49ersWebzone