LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 233 users in the forums

Tryout running back Austin Walter signed.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
After looking at his Rice highlights, Austin Walker is another slash player. He is both a running back and wide receiver.
Pretty much. Not a bad guy to put on the PS if he's not picked up elsewhere. Same with Jeff Wilson who I think might get snatched up. Depends on if teams are too scared about the fumbles.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Pretty much. Not a bad guy to put on the PS if he's not picked up elsewhere. Same with Jeff Wilson who I think might get snatched up. Depends on if teams are too scared about the fumbles.

I think Wilson's ball security issues might be the main reason Walter has a chance to take his spot on the PS.
It's nice to have potential PS guys that could realistically do something in a game situation.
I think his receiving skills might translate better to the next level. But, we'll see how he does at both positions in preseason.
Jets ACL must be pretty bad.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

I don't think this has anything to do with McKinnon. Walter looks like he brings more versatility than Wilson and he only fumbled 3 times in 3 years at Rice. If everyone is healthy those 2 will be fighting for a PS spot.
Yes! Add more running backs baby!
Originally posted by Nastastical:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

I don't think this has anything to do with McKinnon. Walter looks like he brings more versatility than Wilson and he only fumbled 3 times in 3 years at Rice. If everyone is healthy those 2 will be fighting for a PS spot.

Jet was seen running well the last few weeks during rehab lol.
This back is going to give the other backs some competition. That's always a good thing.

• Tombo
  • Veteran
I don't get why we have so many similar running backs, but no bruiser at the goal line
Originally posted by Tombo:
I don't get why we have so many similar running backs, but no bruiser at the goal line

That didn't seem to hurt Atlanta and their record breaking offense under Shanny.
Originally posted by Tombo:

Yes we do, his name is Jalen Hurd.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BigRedNiner:
After looking at his Rice highlights, Austin Walker is another slash player. He is both a running back and wide receiver.

Same type player as McKinnon - might be insurance.
[ Edited by mayo49 on May 5, 2019 at 9:48 PM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
McK was a waste from the get go.. dumb signing IMO..
Share 49ersWebzone