There are 226 users in the forums

Big Wide Receivers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
Actually the entire NFC West has went tall. Not to mention, WE got killed last year by teams using this "non-innovative" concept at nauseum. Outsized, out jumped, happened in red zone a lot with a few game winners.. So in that, I have to disagree, however, IF/WHEN this DOES happen this year, hopefully you will stand by your thread (unlike others on this board).

please tell me who these people are that killed us... please, please, give me names
I think the whole idea that Kyle prefers smaller receivers was blown out of proportion. It's more that he prefers precise route runners and often those types are smaller since they have shorter strides and can get in and out of a pattern faster. Any coach would prefer a bigger receiver assuming he still has the quickness and ability to run the tight patterns but they are harder to find. Many of the big receivers play for teams that run a lot of deep sideline patterns where the ball is thrown up and the receiver has to go get it. That usually is not Kyle's style but he may be looking at changing it up a little now that he is getting bigger receivers.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I think the whole idea that Kyle prefers smaller receivers was blown out of proportion. It's more that he prefers precise route runners and often those types are smaller since they have shorter strides and can get in and out of a pattern faster. Any coach would prefer a bigger receiver assuming he still has the quickness and ability to run the tight patterns but they are harder to find. Many of the big receivers play for teams that run a lot of deep sideline patterns where the ball is thrown up and the receiver has to go get it. That usually is not Kyle's style but he may be looking at changing it up a little now that he is getting bigger receivers.

Truth. Plus these Giants with huge catching radius' are often targets for teams with QB's who aren't as accurate (i.e. Cam Newton).
You can't teach size as you guys can see even in other sports like basketball the Bucks were just ok last season now they are a powerhouse...

By simply adding more size!
Share 49ersWebzone