LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 287 users in the forums

Week 14 - Broncos @ 49ers - Post Game Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SteveYoung:
Good luck finding a team that wants to lose for a draft pick.

Tell that to the guys who are on the field busting their balls for the W every week. "Hey guys we are going to intentionally lose this game so we can ensure the #1 pick next year even though half of you guys wont be here to play with him"

Yep, that will go over great in the locker room.

Guys clamoring to lose games to ensure top picks have obviously never played competetive sports before.

Yes yes yes thank you. But I'm told on here nobody is saying that, then next post is were going to blow the 1 pick to be 4-12 no thanks lolol. I'll take the wins. It makes me happy to win, elevates the team, and provides momentum. This team lost momentum when Mckinnon dropped and hit a brick wall when Jimmy dropped. Then Foster f**ked everyone twice.
Von Miller and Bradley Chubb have 22.5 sacks between them.

Denver still sucks.

What's the biggest hole on this team? You saw the broncos their offense was awful. While Mullins has played we'll for the most part. You really think that we are a 3 win team cause we lost JG but 12.5 sacks from.Garrett would result in 1 win?
Originally posted by Waterbear:
What's the biggest hole on this team? You saw the broncos their offense was awful. While Mullins has played we'll for the most part. You really think that we are a 3 win team cause we lost JG but 12.5 sacks from.Garrett would result in 1 win?

The biggest hole is the ENTIRE DEFENSE.

We aren't one player away like the Bears D was when they added Mack.

So yeah..adding Mack and/or Myles wouldn't do a damn thing for us this year.
So he would have 7 more sacks than Ronald Blair right now and those 7 sacks and a few more pressures a game make us a playoff team. Is that what you are saying?

You love to straw man don't you? Do you know what that means?

I'm not the one who can't answer my question.

You didn't answer any of mine. And are now changing the subject. I say I want bosa vs this win. Now you're trying to argue how much Garrett would help. You see how that's not answering my question? All you said is:

Winning is better than one player.

How much better only matters if you prove how much better teams are when they win meaningless games like this. You haven't proved that or even tried to.

The biggest hole is the ENTIRE DEFENSE.

We aren't one player away like the Bears D was when they added Mack.

So yeah..adding Mack and/or Myles wouldn't do a damn thing for us this year.

Prove that winning this game > getting Bosa. Straw man, straw man, straw man.

Prove that getting Bosa is better than a W and helps us more than winning.

I just proved to you that Myles hasn't helped the Browns any. What makes you think he would help us?? Maybe another win or two? Awesome.

I could care less if we finish 3-13 or 5-11.
[ Edited by SteveYoung on Dec 9, 2018 at 10:47 PM ]

You want me to copy and paste what I said earlier?
You want me to copy and paste what I said earlier?

Edited my post. Look up.

I just proved to you that Myles hasn't helped the Browns any. What makes you think he would help us?? Maybe another win or two? Awesome.

Myles hasn't been helping the Browns? Are you nuts?

Dude has 12.5 sacks and the Browns have won more games this season than from 2015-17 altogether. Several of which were by close margins. Dude has 100% helped the Browns. You could argue him being absent for half the 2017 season is a big reason they went 0-16.

You proved that myles isnt helping the Browns?!

They won 0 I repeat 0 games last year. How many game improvement do you need to see that he's helped the team?

You're digging yourself your own grave lol. I'm going to bed.
Did this dude come in here and say Garrett does nothing to help the Browns win and wouldn't help the Niners either? LMAO
At this point, don't feed the troll. Either dude is a troll or not bright.
I don't get how these fools think winning this year builds for next year. I mean yea it's nice and gives the players confidence and a positive outlook, but look at Harbaugh first season here compared to the year before. Was the team winning the year prior? No. He was winning win pretty much the same damn team from the previous season. We can start winning next year, when the wins will hopefully count.
Originally posted by ady2glude707:
Did this dude come in here and say Garrett does nothing to help the Browns win and wouldn't help the Niners either? LMAO
At this point, don't feed the troll. Either dude is a troll or not bright.
I don't get how these fools think winning this year builds for next year. I mean yea it's nice and gives the players confidence and a positive outlook, but look at Harbaugh first season here compared to the year before. Was the team winning the year prior? No. He was winning win pretty much the same damn team from the previous season. We can start winning next year, when the wins will hopefully count.

Us "fools" have our opinions. We like when our team wins. It's not that hard to understand. here are a few things to consider:

1. Harbaugh's first season is a completely different scenario. He took over an underachieving group of veterans with tons of talent. Remember, the team already had Gore, Vernon Davis, Patrick Willis, Bowman, Justin Smith, etc. This team was a tear down when Shanahan got here. Development has always been essential to this team.

2. This all hinges on the idea that Bosa makes the team better than winning a meaningless game now. You argue that a "winning culture" is nothing compared to talent. How many 1st round busts did the Patriots have during their dynasty? How many "generational talents" did they draft in the first round?

3. Bosa is not a guarantee. No. Player. Is. You want to rob yourself of a chance to enjoy a win so you can pine for a guy that might be good? Yesterday's win was fun. Kittle's dominance, Pettis' continued emergence. Marcel Harris with that huge tackle to stop them on 4th down. Three other 4th down stops. D.J. Reed leading the team in tackles and getting his first sack. Sherman jumping around and smacking helmets after a big play. You didn't get to enjoy any of that because you were too worried about April. That's just not the kind of fan I want to be...
You proved that myles isnt helping the Browns?!

They won 0 I repeat 0 games last year. How many game improvement do you need to see that he's helped the team?

So Baker Mayfield, Jarvis Landry, Chris Hubbard, Denzel Ward, Demarious Randall, TJ Carrie and all the other players that Cleveland added mean nothing?

Sure Garrett had helped but it's a team game.
Originally posted by Karma:
Us "fools" have our opinions. We like when our team wins. It's not that hard to understand. here are a few things to consider:

1. Harbaugh's first season is a completely different scenario. He took over an underachieving group of veterans with tons of talent. Remember, the team already had Gore, Vernon Davis, Patrick Willis, Bowman, Justin Smith, etc. This team was a tear down when Shanahan got here. Development has always been essential to this team.

2. This all hinges on the idea that Bosa makes the team better than winning a meaningless game now. You argue that a "winning culture" is nothing compared to talent. How many 1st round busts did the Patriots have during their dynasty? How many "generational talents" did they draft in the first round?

3. Bosa is not a guarantee. No. Player. Is. You want to rob yourself of a chance to enjoy a win so you can pine for a guy that might be good? Yesterday's win was fun. Kittle's dominance, Pettis' continued emergence. Marcel Harris with that huge tackle to stop them on 4th down. Three other 4th down stops. D.J. Reed leading the team in tackles and getting his first sack. Sherman jumping around and smacking helmets after a big play. You didn't get to enjoy any of that because you were too worried about April. That's just not the kind of fan I want to be...

Excellent post.

Again, all these guys clamoring for the 1st overall have never played sports of any kind.
Share 49ersWebzone