There are 273 users in the forums

Week 14 - Broncos @ 49ers - Post Game Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online ⇨
Originally posted by SteveYoung:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Never said that wasn't a factor. I don't understand your point? I'm arguing that this loss was not good for us in the long term vs building player's confidence. Confidence/winning culture does not win games... talent does and it does nearly every time and we don't have enough of it clearly.

Again I will give you this example: Jags last year vs this year basically the same team and look at the records. They won so many games last year how come they suck this year? If confidence and winning culture mattered that much at all, they wouldn't have a losing record period. How could they suck this year with all that built up confidence?! Don't you see the flaws in that logic?

They suck because they have Blake Bortles at Qb. We suck because we lost Jimmy Garappolo.

OMG I'm not arguing why we suck. At this point, my original point isn't being addressed on purpose.

Question is: What is best for the team going forward? Bosa or winning this game vs the Broncos.

It doesn't matter who is on the team. We find ourselves in the position we are in now.

So are you saying that lack of winning culture is the reason Blake Bortles sucks and the Jags suck? I'm saying that we suck outside of JG and his injury and are getting exposed for lack of talent. Especially in passrush and defensive backfield.
[ Edited by Waterbear on Dec 9, 2018 at 10:03 PM ]
OMG I'm not arguing why we suck. At this point, my original point isn't being addressed on purpose.

Question is: What is best for the team going forward? Bosa or winning this game vs the Broncos.

It doesn't matter who is on the team. We find ourselves in the position we are in now.

So are you saying that lack of winning culture is the reason Blake Bortles sucks and the Jags suck? I'm saying that we suck outside of JG and his injury and are getting exposed for lack of talent. Especially in passrush and defensive backfield.

Winning games is more important than any one player.
Good luck finding a team that wants to lose for a draft pick.

Tell that to the guys who are on the field busting their balls for the W every week. "Hey guys we are going to intentionally lose this game so we can ensure the #1 pick next year even though half of you guys wont be here to play with him"

Yep, that will go over great in the locker room.

Guys clamoring to lose games to ensure top picks have obviously never played competetive sports before.

Winning games is more important than any one player.

Took you 6min to come up with that? Lol. At this point I'm just hitting my head on a brick wall trying to explain this.

I've already given reasons why that is false... But ya.. Got me there.
Good luck finding a team that wants to lose for a draft pick.

Tell that to the guys who are on the field busting their balls for the W every week. "Hey guys we are going to intentionally lose this game so we can ensure the #1 pick next year even though half of you guys wont be here to play with him"

Yep, that will go over great in the locker room.

Guys clamoring to lose games to ensure top picks have obviously never played competetive sports before.

"if KS came out and said that they were not going to try and win games and to shoot for the first overall pick I would say that is BS and be pissed off. Obviously, that isn't the case and no one on here is expecting that from the team. So why is it that everyone who wants Bosa is being told that's what they are hoping for when it's just false.

My take? I think people who see this win as better for the team than getting Bosa in the long run are trying to strawman or silence anyone who disagrees with them."

^^ literally what I said earlier. 100% clear you're just ignoring what I'm saying.
Took you 6min to come up with that? Lol. At this point I'm just hitting my head on a brick wall trying to explain this.

how is Garrett helping the Browns who are 5-7-1?

Say we dont win that game vs the Rams and drafted him would he really make us that much better? No chance.
  • Kolohe

Say we dont win that game vs the Rams and drafted him would he really make us that much better? No chance.

Yes, it's obvious the 49ers lack pass rush AND Garrett would provide the 9ers with one. How does that not make the 9ers better?

You don't think that Garrett would help this? Lmfao.

Just thinking... Weren't you the one who said you though Will Redmond and Daniel Kilgore we're good players. It's all making sense now.

Just thinking... Weren't you the one who said you though Will Redmond and Daniel Kilgore we're good players. It's all making sense now.

Help us what?

Be 4-9 instead of 3-10?

Fantastic!!

Help us what?

Be 4-9 instead of 3-10?

Fantastic!!

12.5 sacks so far. You're right who needs that?!

So glad we beat the Rams backups instead!!
What a memory!
Jeeessssus.
[ Edited by Waterbear on Dec 9, 2018 at 10:29 PM ]

Jeeessssus.

Last I checked the Browns are still 5-7-1 with those 12.5 sacks.
So he would have 7 more sacks than Ronald Blair right now and those 7 sacks and a few more pressures a game make us a playoff team. Is that what you are saying?
Von Miller and Bradley Chubb have 22.5 sacks between them.

Denver still sucks.
[ Edited by SteveYoung on Dec 9, 2018 at 10:34 PM ]

Jeeessssus.

Last I checked the Browns are still 5-7-1 with those 12.5 sacks.

Let me ask you this. Would you take Khalil Mack or win keep the win vs the Broncos?
Whats with the play calling in the 2nd half? We all of a sudden go conservative and our offense disappeared! Dropped passes didn't help, but come on, Kyle.
We also could have gotten Kittle the record! Mullens said he was open virtually every play, but where were the passes to him in the 2nd half? Just asking.
Share 49erswebzone