There are 213 users in the forums

Week 14 - Broncos @ 49ers - Post Game Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online ⇨
Originally posted by Karma:
It is not the only event that fosters that culture, but it is another step toward it. They beat a playoff hungry team with a brutal pass rush and a good running game. This was a very different win than last year's win against the Ram's backups. Today was good for the players on this team and you can't convince me otherwise.

But we beat the Jags last year how come we only have three wins? Is it because we haven't built up enough confidence in more games... or maaaaybe is it because we lack the talent to compete week in and week out against superior rosters? Seriously now... think about it.
Man all this hype for Bosa why the hell didn't we just forget the season when it started? Obviously this one dude is taking us to the game in 2019-20. Just kidding...... Look in get it guys our season is over, but I'm sorry, I don't believe in giving up or throwing in the towel. That's a dangerous attitude to not only have in a football game but in life itself. You guys act like the players on this team actually are going to throw in the towel. No way man, most of our team is Young, and they want to make a name for themselves. You think they give a s**t about Bosa? Get a grip guys.
Originally posted by SteveYoung:
Originally posted by Waterbear:

We won 5 games in a row last year and how did that help us this year?

Well to start we lost our franchise QB and starting RB and not many teams survive that.

We lost a bunch of close games and we had so many injuries. A couple more breaks our way and this season is complete different.

But you must not have listened to the hype this past offseason. Alot of people had us pegged for the playoffs. Winning those 5 games was huge. It gave this team credibility and players wanted to play for us. How many players wanted to play for the Browns when they stunk?

This league is about winning games. That carries on to next year. It's not about tanking for draft position.

Cool keep your hype and credibility. I want talent and ability on this roster. And how many big-time free agents did we sign this offseason??? Yup that really helped us that hype that we are now benefitting from.
Originally posted by wolfpack2192:
Man all this hype for Bosa why the hell didn't we just forget the season when it started? Obviously this one dude is taking us to the game in 2019-20. Just kidding...... Look in get it guys our season is over, but I'm sorry, I don't believe in giving up or throwing in the towel. That's a dangerous attitude to not only have in a football game but in life itself. You guys act like the players on this team actually are going to throw in the towel. No way man, most of our team is Young, and they want to make a name for themselves. You think they give a s**t about Bosa? Get a grip guys.

Again literally NO ONE is saying that.
Originally posted by wolfpack2192:

I bet all the DB's would love an actual pass rushing threat. I bet Buck would love to have somebody else needing a double team.

Deep down inside do you really think the players are like, "nah I want Marsh back".
Cool keep your hype and credibility. I want talent and ability on this roster. And how many big-time free agents did we sign this offseason??? Yup that really helped us that hype that we are now benefitting from.

So you dont think losing Garappolo and McKinnon has anything to do with our lost season? Or injuries to Tartt and Colbert? Foster being an idiot? Do I need to go on?

How do you think you add talent and players with ability?
Originally posted by jreff22:
I bet all the DB's would love an actual pass rushing threat. I bet Buck would love to have somebody else needing a double team.

Deep down inside do you really think the players are like, "nah I want Marsh back".

The players want to win. If they dont they need to GTFO

They can also look at who is starting and think, this dude needs to be replaced. The only way garbage teams get better is by drafting or spending...we don't spend. Having Myles on this roster would make the D leaps and bounds better. Missing out on the next blue chip pass rusher will ultimately hurt the D again.

So you dont think losing Garappolo and McKinnon has anything to do with our lost season? Or injuries to Tartt and Colbert? Foster being an idiot? Do I need to go on?

How do you think you add talent and players with ability?

Never said that wasn't a factor. I don't understand your point? I'm arguing that this loss was not good for us in the long term vs building player's confidence. Confidence/winning culture does not win games... talent does and it does nearly every time and we don't have enough of it clearly.

Again I will give you this example: Jags last year vs this year basically the same team and look at the records. They won so many games last year how come they suck this year? If confidence and winning culture mattered that much at all, they wouldn't have a losing record period. How could they suck this year with all that built up confidence?! Don't you see the flaws in that logic?

Correct. And if KS came out and said that they were not going to try and win games and to shoot for the first overall pick I would say that is BS and be pissed off. Obviously, that isn't the case and no one on here is expecting that from the team. So why is it that everyone who wants Bosa is being told that's what they are hoping for when it's just false.

My take? I think people who see this win as better for the team than getting Bosa in the long run are trying to strawman or silence anyone who disagrees with them.

It is not the only event that fosters that culture, but it is another step toward it. They beat a playoff hungry team with a brutal pass rush and a good running game. This was a very different win than last year's win against the Ram's backups. Today was good for the players on this team and you can't convince me otherwise.

But we beat the Jags last year how come we only have three wins? Is it because we haven't built up enough confidence in more games... or maaaaybe is it because we lack the talent to compete week in and week out against superior rosters? Seriously now... think about it.

Maybe it's because our franchise QB who got us that win went down in week 3?
Originally posted by DASeiler49:

So if he's not starting what does it matter?
Originally posted by DASeiler49:

See my Jags example above and get back to me. Original debate is what is better for the team Bosa vs winning this game. Let's stay on that because that's what I'm arguing.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I disagree with you. Your thesis, if I am correct, is that winning a game is less important than adding Bosa. Here are my counterpoints:

1. This is not a team of vets with a track record. The core players moving forward are young guys cutting their teeth in this league. Breida, McGlinchey, Kittle, Warner, Buckner, and Pettis have all been in the league less than three years and need to develop. The experience of dominating an opponent has been few and far between. These are young men who need to build the confidence that they are capable of playing at a high level in this league. This may be a subjective idea, but my experience tells me not to underestimate the power of confidence.

2. Fringe guys like Elijah Lee, Marcel Harris, and even Witherspoon all cane up with big time plays. We also learned that Richie James shouldn't return punts and probably doesn't deserve to be on the team going forward. It's hard to make accurate player assessments when the tape is all butt whoopings.

3. This idea of fostering a winning culture is so quickly dismissed here, but as a coach and teacher for the past decade plus, I can tell you that having the right environment is paramount to development.

How does one more win at the tail end of a lost season "foster" a winning culture? So they go 3-13 instead of 2–14?

"A brutal pass rush"??
Lol
Did you get the 9ers [email protected] game confused?

I'm sure this game helps secure Saleh & will possibly make us lose out on Bosa...

Terrible win cause saleh needs to go worse then we need bosa if that's possible, but that's the truth. Awesome losing games while "Saleh's learning on the job, or might get it figured out in a few years".

First time in my 45 years of watching football that I wanted my team to lose but I'm tired of the front office not being able to hit on top picks. Pretty sad actually. And even though bosa isn't a sure thing, bosa is the top consensus pick so hopefully he'll be good until Saleh f**ks this up to..
[ Edited by Jeepzilla on Dec 9, 2018 at 9:52 PM ]
Never said that wasn't a factor. I don't understand your point? I'm arguing that this loss was not good for us in the long term vs building player's confidence. Confidence/winning culture does not win games... talent does and it does nearly every time and we don't have enough of it clearly.

Again I will give you this example: Jags last year vs this year basically the same team and look at the records. They won so many games last year how come they suck this year? If confidence and winning culture mattered that much at all, they wouldn't have a losing record period. How could they suck this year with all that built up confidence?! Don't you see the flaws in that logic?

They suck because they have Blake Bortles at Qb. We suck because we lost Jimmy Garappolo.
Share 49erswebzone