There are 112 users in the forums

Week 14 - Broncos @ 49ers - Post Game Thread

Did this dude come in here and say Garrett does nothing to help the Browns win and wouldn't help the Niners either? LMAO
At this point, don't feed the troll. Either dude is a troll or not bright.
I don't get how these fools think winning this year builds for next year. I mean yea it's nice and gives the players confidence and a positive outlook, but look at Harbaugh first season here compared to the year before. Was the team winning the year prior? No. He was winning win pretty much the same damn team from the previous season. We can start winning next year, when the wins will hopefully count.
Originally posted by ady2glude707:
Did this dude come in here and say Garrett does nothing to help the Browns win and wouldn't help the Niners either? LMAO
I don't get how these fools think winning this year builds for next year. I mean yea it's nice and gives the players confidence and a positive outlook, but look at Harbaugh first season here compared to the year before. Was the team winning the year prior? No. He was winning win pretty much the same damn team from the previous season. We can start winning next year, when the wins will hopefully count.

Us "fools" have our opinions. We like when our team wins. It's not that hard to understand. here are a few things to consider:

1. Harbaugh's first season is a completely different scenario. He took over an underachieving group of veterans with tons of talent. Remember, the team already had Gore, Vernon Davis, Patrick Willis, Bowman, Justin Smith, etc. This team was a tear down when Shanahan got here. Development has always been essential to this team.

2. This all hinges on the idea that Bosa makes the team better than winning a meaningless game now. You argue that a "winning culture" is nothing compared to talent. How many 1st round busts did the Patriots have during their dynasty? How many "generational talents" did they draft in the first round?

3. Bosa is not a guarantee. No. Player. Is. You want to rob yourself of a chance to enjoy a win so you can pine for a guy that might be good? Yesterday's win was fun. Kittle's dominance, Pettis' continued emergence. Marcel Harris with that huge tackle to stop them on 4th down. Three other 4th down stops. D.J. Reed leading the team in tackles and getting his first sack. Sherman jumping around and smacking helmets after a big play. You didn't get to enjoy any of that because you were too worried about April. That's just not the kind of fan I want to be...
Originally posted by Waterbear:
You proved that myles isnt helping the Browns?!

They won 0 I repeat 0 games last year. How many game improvement do you need to see that he's helped the team?

So Baker Mayfield, Jarvis Landry, Chris Hubbard, Denzel Ward, Demarious Randall, TJ Carrie and all the other players that Cleveland added mean nothing?

Sure Garrett had helped but it's a team game.
Originally posted by Karma:
Us "fools" have our opinions. We like when our team wins. It's not that hard to understand. here are a few things to consider:

1. Harbaugh's first season is a completely different scenario. He took over an underachieving group of veterans with tons of talent. Remember, the team already had Gore, Vernon Davis, Patrick Willis, Bowman, Justin Smith, etc. This team was a tear down when Shanahan got here. Development has always been essential to this team.

2. This all hinges on the idea that Bosa makes the team better than winning a meaningless game now. You argue that a "winning culture" is nothing compared to talent. How many 1st round busts did the Patriots have during their dynasty? How many "generational talents" did they draft in the first round?

3. Bosa is not a guarantee. No. Player. Is. You want to rob yourself of a chance to enjoy a win so you can pine for a guy that might be good? Yesterday's win was fun. Kittle's dominance, Pettis' continued emergence. Marcel Harris with that huge tackle to stop them on 4th down. Three other 4th down stops. D.J. Reed leading the team in tackles and getting his first sack. Sherman jumping around and smacking helmets after a big play. You didn't get to enjoy any of that because you were too worried about April. That's just not the kind of fan I want to be...

Excellent post.

Again, all these guys clamoring for the 1st overall have never played sports of any kind.
Originally posted by ady2glude707:

This post sums up guys like you.

In one sentence you go from saying you don't know how winning this year helps then say it builds confidence and a positive outlook.

So which is it?
Originally posted by SteveYoung:

Excellent post.

Again, all these guys clamoring for the 1st overall have never played sports of any kind.

Amen. I want the #1 pick, just like we kept it. The raiders won too. People want us to tank, to not fight. That leads to the teams that are generationally bad. And yes, it takes more than top pick to fix them because it's the culture that's broken. Our guys still fight, it gives me hope.

Also, I wouldn't say for a moment that Mack/Bosa/Garret wouldn't help us those guys would help a great deal. But people that are saying they would fix all are wrong.

Outstanding post, couldn't agree any more.

For me it's hope for wins but be fine with the compensation of getting the #1 pick.

The only game I wouldn't want to win is week 17 if the Rams play their backups. Very little to gain from that.
  • Kolohe
Originally posted by Waterbear:
12.5 sacks so far. You're right who needs that?!

Jeeessssus.

Last I checked the Browns are still 5-7-1 with those 12.5 sacks.

Lol, tell me this, who was the MVP in Super Bowl 50 was it Peyton Manning or Von Miller?
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Lol, tell me this, who was the MVP in Super Bowl 50 was it Peyton Manning or Von Miller?

So what you're saying is Bosa will singlehandedly take us to the SB so we should purposely lose the rest of our games?
  • Kolohe

So what you're saying is Bosa will singlehandedly take us to the SB so we should purposely lose the rest of our games?

How about you just answer the question?

Von Miller at his Apex carried and won that Super Bowl for the Broncos. Brady and Newton felt him within 1 second of the snap. It was impressive to see as a football fan. No guarantee Bosa is anywhere near as good, but like Kyle said, after a fqb, a franchise pass rusher is the next chess piece.

Look what wonders those 5 end of season wins did for us this year

Drat is a crapshoot yes, but blue chip prospects have a much higher ceiling and floor and probability of being an All Pro at the second most important position in football. I'm not mad we're not trying to lose, I'm mad that we won and have a habit of doing so at times that it only hurts us rather than when games actually matter. I played footballl through college so I understand the "team" element but that is SO overstated translating between seasons when compared to locking in a blue chip player.

Stop with the hyperbole. Having what is likely to be a Pro Bowl caliber edge rusher paired with Buckner and Jimmy and Kyle on offense will make us playoff competitive for the next 10 years. What will beating a s**tty broncos team to go 3-13, not 2-14 do?
[ Edited by 49oz2superbowl on Dec 10, 2018 at 7:54 AM ]

This is called a straw man argument. That's not what he said at all.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:

Outstanding post, couldn't agree any more.

For me it's hope for wins but be fine with the compensation of getting the #1 pick.

The only game I wouldn't want to win is week 17 if the Rams play their backups. Very little to gain from that.

Absolutely agree entirely. My feelings exactly.
Share 49erswebzone