LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

Week 14 - Broncos @ 49ers - Post Game Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Ottawa49er:
This! Does anyone truly think that this meaningless win will help us in the future "more" than getting the #1 draft pick? I know there are no sure things when drafting.....but it's all about odds. Draft position is factually more valuable then position #2, which is factually more valuable then position #3 and so on. That's why teams trading back normally get the biggest haul when dealing the #1 draft spot. Don't get me wrong, I can't help but enjoy watching my 49ers win......but long term this may well cost us more than help us.

In theory that may be true but in reality there is no evidence that shows the 1st pick is better than the second and so on. Good players can be found throughout the draft and so can busts. Teams that trade back from #1 usually trade with a team looking for a QB which is the most important position so they often give up a lot ( and often too much). You don't see those kind of trades very often when the top pick isn't a QB.
The lets-tank-for-Bosa crowd must be pissed!!
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:

yep, I was thinking the same thing yesterday. We got lucky with Oakland winning too.

Why? We still own the #1 pick
Still embarrassed that we ****ed up the kneel-downs. That has to be an NFL first.
Originally posted by valrod33:

Because they want complete tanking, not to win another game.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

No Oakland wins the tie breaker.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

You would be incorrect.

No, they don't.

• thl408

I keep reading different things. This looks very updated and has SF at #1.
http://www.tankathon.com/nfl
  • thl408
It was mentioned somewhere but if ARI has #1, OAK might use their many picks to move up to #1. The two traded with one another in the 2018 draft. ARI might benefit more from many picks to build up their offense rather than take Bosa at #1.
Originally posted by SteveYoung:
Originally posted by Karma:
Us "fools" have our opinions. We like when our team wins. It's not that hard to understand. here are a few things to consider:

1. Harbaugh's first season is a completely different scenario. He took over an underachieving group of veterans with tons of talent. Remember, the team already had Gore, Vernon Davis, Patrick Willis, Bowman, Justin Smith, etc. This team was a tear down when Shanahan got here. Development has always been essential to this team.

2. This all hinges on the idea that Bosa makes the team better than winning a meaningless game now. You argue that a "winning culture" is nothing compared to talent. How many 1st round busts did the Patriots have during their dynasty? How many "generational talents" did they draft in the first round?

3. Bosa is not a guarantee. No. Player. Is. You want to rob yourself of a chance to enjoy a win so you can pine for a guy that might be good? Yesterday's win was fun. Kittle's dominance, Pettis' continued emergence. Marcel Harris with that huge tackle to stop them on 4th down. Three other 4th down stops. D.J. Reed leading the team in tackles and getting his first sack. Sherman jumping around and smacking helmets after a big play. You didn't get to enjoy any of that because you were too worried about April. That's just not the kind of fan I want to be...

Excellent post.

Again, all these guys clamoring for the 1st overall have never played sports of any kind.
Haha nice assumption. So you think just because you played a sport means your right? Has nothing to do with it. Just like how the best athletes dont always make the best coaches.

Originally posted by SteveYoung:
Originally posted by ady2glude707:
Did this dude come in here and say Garrett does nothing to help the Browns win and wouldn't help the Niners either? LMAO
At this point, don't feed the troll. Either dude is a troll or not bright.
I don't get how these fools think winning this year builds for next year. I mean yea it's nice and gives the players confidence and a positive outlook, but look at Harbaugh first season here compared to the year before. Was the team winning the year prior? No. He was winning win pretty much the same damn team from the previous season. We can start winning next year, when the wins will hopefully count.

This post sums up guys like you.

In one sentence you go from saying you don't know how winning this year helps then say it builds confidence and a positive outlook.

So which is it?

Winning a meaningless game today doesnt translate to next season as much as you think it does. Winning can start at the beginning of next season. Not now when there will be turnover of players that arent event going to be here next yr. You dont think players start next season with a clean slate? You dont think they get excited when they see the roster turnover and see new faces? Its a whole new ball game and I guarantee that theyll be competing now matter how many W or Ls were received last yr.
[ Edited by ady2glude707 on Dec 10, 2018 at 12:14 PM ]
Originally posted by Karma:
Us "fools" have our opinions. We like when our team wins. It's not that hard to understand. here are a few things to consider:

1. Harbaugh's first season is a completely different scenario. He took over an underachieving group of veterans with tons of talent. Remember, the team already had Gore, Vernon Davis, Patrick Willis, Bowman, Justin Smith, etc. This team was a tear down when Shanahan got here. Development has always been essential to this team.

2. This all hinges on the idea that Bosa makes the team better than winning a meaningless game now. You argue that a "winning culture" is nothing compared to talent. How many 1st round busts did the Patriots have during their dynasty? How many "generational talents" did they draft in the first round?

3. Bosa is not a guarantee. No. Player. Is. You want to rob yourself of a chance to enjoy a win so you can pine for a guy that might be good? Yesterday's win was fun. Kittle's dominance, Pettis' continued emergence. Marcel Harris with that huge tackle to stop them on 4th down. Three other 4th down stops. D.J. Reed leading the team in tackles and getting his first sack. Sherman jumping around and smacking helmets after a big play. You didn't get to enjoy any of that because you were too worried about April. That's just not the kind of fan I want to be...

1. Same thing. We have proven veterans and high draft picks. Winning this current season doesnt translate or help at all next year. All it does it create excitement.

2. They havent recently because they have a 1st round pick talent in Brady, who they lucked in to getting.

3. Bosa is as guaranteed as you can get. Just like Garrett was 2 years ago. I can sacrifice a 'fun' W for the rest of the season if it leads to more Ws next season, when they actually matter.
[ Edited by ady2glude707 on Dec 10, 2018 at 12:05 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

This is where I'm glad I'm wrong!!!
Share 49ersWebzone