There are 94 users in the forums

Week 14 - Broncos @ 49ers - Post Game Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online ⇨
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by SteveYoung:
So he won the game singlehandedly?

I'm all for adding a pass rusher or any impact player but not at the expense of wins.

Constant losing becomes toxic. These guys have to know what it feels like to win and compete.

How about you change that word to "win" one f**king game...stop acting like this win magically transforms this team. If they lose the next 3 games does that one win have any meaning? Not in my opinion just f**ks us....again.

If Bosa becomes an all-pro for some other team (maybe a division rival) I'm sure you'll feel all warm and cozy inside about a week 14 win. Lost season with injuries...objective should be to develop young players and put yourself in a position to improve this team in the off season. Like cutting old bloated contracts and having the best possible chance at getting game changers in the draft.

This is from a logical perspective not emotional...I don't expect a team to full on tank, this is purely about wanting a team to lose for the greater long term goal.

This! Does anyone truly think that this meaningless win will help us in the future "more" than getting the #1 draft pick? I know there are no sure things when drafting.....but it's all about odds. Draft position is factually more valuable then position #2, which is factually more valuable then position #3 and so on. That's why teams trading back normally get the biggest haul when dealing the #1 draft spot. Don't get me wrong, I can't help but enjoy watching my 49ers win......but long term this may well cost us more than help us.

I'm all for adding a pass rusher or any impact player but not at the expense of wins.

Constant losing becomes toxic. These guys have to know what it feels like to win and compete.

Couldn't agree more with these last two sentences.
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:

I don't think winning 3 games instead of 2 helps much. A potentially dominant pass rusher can help a lot more.
  • Kolohe
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:

And guess what, it's not up to us fans whether they win or lose. This team is what it is. I think some of us fans are mostly expressing their excitement of the chances of seeing Nick Bosa as a 49er rather than HOPING to lose. Again it is what it is regardless of what we hope for, some of you are just too sensitive and emotional to the thoughts of fans hoping for Bosa than end of season wins.

Now if fans are hoping for the #1 overall pick in August or September then we got a problem.
Originally posted by Ottawa49er:
This! Does anyone truly think that this meaningless win will help us in the future "more" than getting the #1 draft pick? I know there are no sure things when drafting.....but it's all about odds. Draft position is factually more valuable then position #2, which is factually more valuable then position #3 and so on. That's why teams trading back normally get the biggest haul when dealing the #1 draft spot. Don't get me wrong, I can't help but enjoy watching my 49ers win......but long term this may well cost us more than help us.

In theory that may be true but in reality there is no evidence that shows the 1st pick is better than the second and so on. Good players can be found throughout the draft and so can busts. Teams that trade back from #1 usually trade with a team looking for a QB which is the most important position so they often give up a lot ( and often too much). You don't see those kind of trades very often when the top pick isn't a QB.
The lets-tank-for-Bosa crowd must be pissed!!
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:

yep, I was thinking the same thing yesterday. We got lucky with Oakland winning too.

Why? We still own the #1 pick
Still embarrassed that we ****ed up the kneel-downs. That has to be an NFL first.
Originally posted by valrod33:

Because they want complete tanking, not to win another game.

• Kolohe

No Oakland wins the tie breaker.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

You would be incorrect.

No, they don't.
  • thl408

I keep reading different things. This looks very updated and has SF at #1.
http://www.tankathon.com/nfl
Share 49erswebzone