There are 177 users in the forums

Offseason proof 49ers are aiming for contention in 2019

Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
So of these OTAs are non contact...how can one WR look for contact over the middle and another WR shies away from it?

Cause Grant Cohn is a dumbf**k that doesn't know what he's talking about....also,I love his little gem about Bourne replacing Garcon and not Pettis. Honestly, does it surprise anyone that a guy who's been thru OTAs, TC and a season would look a little better than a guy who got drafted less than a month ago and is in his first NFL install camp? Just utter nonsense, from a guy that has no business being a beat writer for an NFL team.
He also implied Solomon Thomas is still a waste of space and then other reporters said he basically already looks about twice as good as he did last year.
Originally posted by Niners816:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
So of these OTAs are non contact...how can one WR look for contact over the middle and another WR shies away from it?

Cause Grant Cohn is a dumbf**k that doesn't know what he's talking about....also,I love his little gem about Bourne replacing Garcon and not Pettis. Honestly, does it surprise anyone that a guy who's been thru OTAs, TC and a season would look a little better than a guy who got drafted less than a month ago and is in his first NFL install camp? Just utter nonsense, from a guy that has no business being a beat writer for an NFL team.

Cue the "but he said Bowman looked bad last OTAs" from a certain faction. In all seriousness though, this guy really is a clown.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by Niners816:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
So of these OTAs are non contact...how can one WR look for contact over the middle and another WR shies away from it?

Cause Grant Cohn is a dumbf**k that doesn't know what he's talking about....also,I love his little gem about Bourne replacing Garcon and not Pettis. Honestly, does it surprise anyone that a guy who's been thru OTAs, TC and a season would look a little better than a guy who got drafted less than a month ago and is in his first NFL install camp? Just utter nonsense, from a guy that has no business being a beat writer for an NFL team.

Cue the "but he said Bowman looked bad last OTAs" from a certain faction. In all seriousness though, this guy really is a clown.

I think my favorite is Joe Williams ran "with heart"

That tells you everything.
Originally posted by Niners816:
I think my favorite is Joe Williams ran "with heart"

That tells you everything.

Difficult to run without one?
Originally posted by Joecool:
Good thing Cohn calling it like it is. He's definitely going to go for blood with Pettis, who is at least a year away.

That's going to be his early whipping boy for sure.

Originally posted by Niners816:
Yawn....unpadded workouts. All this b******t is, is stuff to drive his narratives. He lacks the football X's and O's to make the statements he makes. All it does is give people an echo camber to rag on the guys they don't like. Yep, Pettis is afraid to go over the middle....Solomon is invisible ...Joe Williams played "with heart" All b******t. These are f**king unpadded installs....talking about people heart and being invisible is hilarious.

LOL. Nobody is questioning his X's and O's. Reading the practice reports from MB, MM and Twitter for Lombardi, most of these points align...minus his narratives and negative personal opinions.

He did preface by saying it's hard to tell much from one practice, esp. a no contact/padded practice.
[ Edited by NCommand on May 23, 2018 at 7:00 AM ]
Originally posted by ninerjok:
He also implied Solomon Thomas is still a waste of space and then other reporters said he basically already looks about twice as good as he did last year.

Joe Fann...ST was unstoppable in pass rush. LOL
Originally posted by ninerjok:
He also implied Solomon Thomas is still a waste of space and then other reporters said he basically already looks about twice as good as he did last year.

it's pretty simple he didn't like the pick last yr and will not push off a narrative of a player he doesn't like regardless of how well he plays....it's literally the same thing as some posters in here.

There's no oops I guess i'm not a NFL talent evaluator and got it wrong lol

he's gonna do it with Pettis as well. He will go out of his way to poo poo a player based on bias...other beat writers don't do that s**t.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
He also implied Solomon Thomas is still a waste of space and then other reporters said he basically already looks about twice as good as he did last year.

Joe Fann...ST was unstoppable in pass rush. LOL

Per Barrows...

Former first-round picks Solomon Thomas and DeForest Buckner were hard to handle when they were both rushing from the inside and Garoppolo was "sacked" a few times Tuesday.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
He also implied Solomon Thomas is still a waste of space and then other reporters said he basically already looks about twice as good as he did last year.

Joe Fann...ST was unstoppable in pass rush. LOL

Per Barrows...

Former first-round picks Solomon Thomas and DeForest Buckner were hard to handle when they were both rushing from the inside and Garoppolo was "sacked" a few times Tuesday.

Inside...the operative word. But a good example of why a fan needs to listen/read everything they can to get the truth. There's truth in here. How much? That's up to your instincts.
[ Edited by NCommand on May 23, 2018 at 7:11 AM ]

Has this become the defacto OTA thread? Strange that there isn't an OTA thread to discuss writer feedback and the various twitter videos.
Originally posted by RabidNiner:
Has this become the defacto OTA thread? Strange that there isn't an OTA thread to discuss writer feedback and the various twitter videos.

Agreed! Start one up...
Originally posted by NCommand:
Inside...the operative word. But a good example of why a fan needs to listen/read everything they can to get the truth. There's truth in here. How much? That's up to your instincts.

yeah and that's were he will be on passing downs for the most part (different fronts/packages can change it up which is fine). What did people think he was rushing off the edge all practice?
[ Edited by NYniner85 on May 23, 2018 at 7:42 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Inside...the operative word. But a good example of why a fan needs to listen/read everything they can to get the truth. There's truth in here. How much? That's up to your instincts.

yeah and that's were he will be on passing downs for the most part (different fronts/packages can change it up which is fine). What did people think he was rushing off the edge all practice?

LOL...probably.
How do hacks like him and Ann Killion still have a job with the Bay Area media?
Share 49erswebzone