LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 244 users in the forums

Offseason proof 49ers are aiming for contention in 2019

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by lamontb:
I agree with some of his points but the overall narrative that the Niners don't care about winning this upcoming season is retarded.

Nailed it. I agree with Cohn at first glance, that the Niners could have done better in the draft. Then again, I was thinking they were going to go defense first. Didn't think their adding an OT and WR instead of an edge rusher and a CB was the best use of their resources. The day three all injury picks didn't make me any happier either.

However, thinking that the Niners front office doesn't care about winning this season is absurd. This draft may set them back a year, then again, it may not. We will see.
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
No, you are the one who predicted the 49ers would be better if they replaced Harbaugh with Tomsula.

yes and i was wrong.. i wonder if you would step up and admit when you were ever wrong. have you ever been wrong in your life on this thread. and it is funny you are trying to paint me into a corner where i say we have not improved the qb thing. of course we have. the o line. the the pass rush the secondary and poor tackling that were pre jimmy concerns are still concerns and we over payed for a very nice running back but still need help there. no offense to joe jim brown williams

Who says we still need help at RB? Just because they are not building a team with the types of players you want, doesn't mean they need help at certain positions. They do not feel they need help at the RB position.

No doubt. cciowa is the most dramatic poster on this site. He says the same thing over and over. It gets old real quick.

The Oline has 3 new starters in Mcglinchy, Cooper and Richburg who are fantastic fits. Throw in a revamped Garnett and I think this unit will be fantastic and 10x better than they were last year.

Shanahan made Devonta Freeman into a star and McKinnon is the exact same size and measurables.

As for the secondary, we signed one of the best corners in the league to an extremely team friendly deal. Witherspoon and Colbert will have a year of experience. Hopefully Tartt stays healthy and we drafted 3 rookies for the secondary. Only a fool would say we don't be improved there.

Cciowa is the most negative poster on this site. It's draining reading his constant Debbie downer posts. Instead of enjoying a fantastic off-season he has spent the whole time whining and complaining and his complaints aren't even valid.
Thought that title went to Sus? (no offense Sus)
Originally posted by SteveYoung:
No doubt. cciowa is the most dramatic poster on this site. He says the same thing over and over. It gets old real quick.

The Oline has 3 new starters in Mcglinchy, Cooper and Richburg who are fantastic fits. Throw in a revamped Garnett and I think this unit will be fantastic and 10x better than they were last year.

Shanahan made Devonta Freeman into a star and McKinnon is the exact same size and measurables.

As for the secondary, we signed one of the best corners in the league to an extremely team friendly deal. Witherspoon and Colbert will have a year of experience. Hopefully Tartt stays healthy and we drafted 3 rookies for the secondary. Only a fool would say we don't be improved there.

Cciowa is the most negative poster on this site. It's draining reading his constant Debbie downer posts. Instead of enjoying a fantastic off-season he has spent the whole time whining and complaining and his complaints aren't even valid.

Instead of complaining about other posters you could try our useful hide post feature which allows you to hide posts from up to 20 users.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Instead of complaining about other posters you could try our useful hide post feature which allows you to hide posts from up to 20 users.

This I've hid almost the maximum amount and life on the forum is so much better. Now only if we could hide mod posts.
Originally posted by susweel:
Grant is one of the better local writers, dude is usually spot on with his analysis.

Susweel= Grant Cohn
We hired a new coach, and GM LAST SEASON. They were given SIX YEAR DEALS.

Just because we found our QB doesn't mean the rebuild is done, we had arguably the worst roster in the NFL

We will be relavent this season, we may even make the play offs

2019? That ahead of schedule in my opinion.

I'm stoked for the changes, this roster has radically changed, and we have a very good starting unit, now we build depth.
This I've hid almost the maximum amount and life on the forum is so much better. Now only if we could hide mod posts.

"Don't block me, bro!" Haha
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I thought about it. I just try to counsel him before he jumps off the bridge.

I just don't get that constant whining about the team. He is the worst
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by mojave45:
We will win more games this year. This isn't a team ready to go deep into the playoffs. Not yet. They are definitely looking at building long term with their philosophy, that doesn't mean the team doesn't get incrementally better in the short term. When we look back at the start of 2019,and review what Lynch and Shanahan put on the field next year vs what we had in 2017 when they took over, and what they did this year, it is going to be a wow moment.

They want to win, but they are definitely not throwing everything they have into winning it all right now while mortgaging the future.

right now this team is an 8 win team. maybe 9. IF the defense improves and IF the guards come through and the new rookie tackle does this job

10 wins this year is our floor, imho. 12 is our ceiling. I'd be shocked with only 9 wins. Jimmy is that freaking good. He trumps the other deficiencies we currently have.

If we only win 8 games Jimmy got injured and did not play all 16.

• cciowa
  • Veteran

no one is putting a gun to your head to read my stuff. if you do not like it. ignore it. simple, i take it you are one of the ones who just all of a sudden think out five game win streak which means nothing anymore means we are going to be awesome this year. i have tried to meet your halfway on the o line but you have a thin skin when people disagree with you. the fact is our o line was bad last year. jimmy got hit to much after he released the ball. you think that is just fine. you actually did not think we needed to do much at all on the line and in my opinion that shows how out of touch you are,
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
selective modding is a way of life on the zone
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Nailed it. I agree with Cohn at first glance, that the Niners could have done better in the draft. Then again, I was thinking they were going to go defense first. Didn't think their adding an OT and WR instead of an edge rusher and a CB was the best use of their resources. The day three all injury picks didn't make me any happier either.

However, thinking that the Niners front office doesn't care about winning this season is absurd. This draft may set them back a year, then again, it may not. We will see.

They drafted or udfa signed about a half dozen secondary players Putting any credence in the idea that Cohn would have any clue how to craft an NFL team is literally laughable.
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Grant is one of the better local writers, dude is usually spot on with his analysis.

Susweel= Grant Cohn

I believe it, he sure does sounds like him in his comments on his ridiculous articles. Always Negative!!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:

"Don't block me, bro!" Haha

I kinda know where Sus and CC are coming from, so a lot of what they say don't affect me. Like day turning to night, I'm not mad at the night - I just enjoy a different perspective of the city at night. At the same time, I prefer daytime where you can enjoy the sun and the sights and actually go out and about and do things because there are more people up and about during the daytime.
Share 49ersWebzone