Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 612 users in the forums

2018 Coaching Staff

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
Hire Fangio and dump salah.

Not happening at all.
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by thl408:
What about the OL coach, John Benton? He and Kyle were together in HOU so I think that familiarity led him to the 49ers last offseason.I imagine there will be some young talent to develop along the OL. Is he the guy to do it?

Tom Cable is now available.
Can't believe he was actually "interviewed" by Denise York for the HC spot.
After the Chip debacle I had this sick to my stomach feeling that he would end up as our HC all off-season. When we landed Shanny, finally, I nearly cried out of relief and happiness at the same time.

It actually had me thinking towards not being a fan anymore. Which should underscore the magnitude because I've been a fan since birth - literally.

I physically felt sick to my stomach when the Tomsula hiring was announced and I remember MM tweeting out a teaser that he might be the one; I thought he was trolling us.

So when Cable interviewed, I started to have the same PTSD as you did. Maybe Jed and Paraag were trolling us...LOL


Thank baby Jesus they were able to secure Kyle. What a damn relief!!!
Only reasonable change I could think of at this point is a new DB's coach but I don't know who's available. Kris Richard definitely isn't making a downgrade move to come here lol.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,889
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Only reasonable change I could think of at this point is a new DB's coach but I don't know who's available. Kris Richard definitely isn't making a downgrade move to come here lol.

Can't be that bad considering he was one of the few assistants (Jason Tarver) to be retained by Shanahan.
Originally posted by FL9er:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Only reasonable change I could think of at this point is a new DB's coach but I don't know who's available. Kris Richard definitely isn't making a downgrade move to come here lol.

Can't be that bad considering he was one of the few assistants (Jason Tarver) to be retained by Shanahan.

Yeah, our DB's didn't play poorly, for the most part. We had the outliers of RR and DJ. I thought Reid, Tartt, AC, AW, and KW all played solid. We dumped RR and DJ will be gone this year. It can't be understated how bad DJ was to our team. I can remember at least 8, 3rd and longs where he had a PI call on him. Plus another 5, 3rd and longs where he gave up a simple route for a 1st down. Considering those should be easy, get the defense off the field, plays, our defense could have been a lot better because you also factor in all the yards the team gave up after those 3rd down conversions.

Our defense really isn't as far off as a lot of us might think. Pass rusher and at least a solid corner - doesn't even have to be a game-changer, plus our offensive improvement we'll be a tough team to beat. We definitely won't be a possible trap game next year. While we won't be an elite team, we'll be a tough team that has the ability to beat anyone in the regular season.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Only reasonable change I could think of at this point is a new DB's coach but I don't know who's available. Kris Richard definitely isn't making a downgrade move to come here lol.


Frank Pollack is getting fired by Dallas. He worked with Kyle, John Benton and Alex Gibbs in Houston. He was an offensive tackle on the 49ers while Mike Shanahan was here.


I could very easily see him brought in as an OL assistant.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 44,532
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Only reasonable change I could think of at this point is a new DB's coach but I don't know who's available. Kris Richard definitely isn't making a downgrade move to come here lol.


Frank Pollack is getting fired by Dallas. He worked with Kyle, John Benton and Alex Gibbs in Houston. He was an offensive tackle on the 49ers while Mike Shanahan was here.

I could very easily see him brought in as an OL assistant.

[ Edited by Jcool on Jan 11, 2018 at 3:04 PM ]
Originally posted by Jcool:

Oh...well so much for that.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 34,484
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by thl408:
What about the OL coach, John Benton? He and Kyle were together in HOU so I think that familiarity led him to the 49ers last offseason.I imagine there will be some young talent to develop along the OL. Is he the guy to do it?

Tom Cable is now available.
Can't believe he was actually "interviewed" by Denise York for the HC spot.
After the Chip debacle I had this sick to my stomach feeling that he would end up as our HC all off-season. When we landed Shanny, finally, I nearly cried out of relief and happiness at the same time.

It actually had me thinking towards not being a fan anymore. Which should underscore the magnitude because I've been a fan since birth - literally.

I physically felt sick to my stomach when the Tomsula hiring was announced and I remember MM tweeting out a teaser that he might be the one; I thought he was trolling us.

So when Cable interviewed, I started to have the same PTSD as you did. Maybe Jed and Paraag were trolling us...LOL

Thank baby Jesus they were able to secure Kyle. What a damn relief!!!

Same here. Once Jed let Harbaugh go and went for Tomsula, I know the run was over and there's going to be a niner hell for the next couple of years. I thought it would last a decade and a half, to tell you the truth, then Kyle, John and Jimmy came and I was rescued form Niner Hell.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Jcool:

Oh...well so much for that.

At least he didn't go to Seattle

Besides we already have an OL coach AND an assistant.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by thl408:
What about the OL coach, John Benton? He and Kyle were together in HOU so I think that familiarity led him to the 49ers last offseason.I imagine there will be some young talent to develop along the OL. Is he the guy to do it?

Tom Cable is now available.
Can't believe he was actually "interviewed" by Denise York for the HC spot.
After the Chip debacle I had this sick to my stomach feeling that he would end up as our HC all off-season. When we landed Shanny, finally, I nearly cried out of relief and happiness at the same time.

It actually had me thinking towards not being a fan anymore. Which should underscore the magnitude because I've been a fan since birth - literally.

I physically felt sick to my stomach when the Tomsula hiring was announced and I remember MM tweeting out a teaser that he might be the one; I thought he was trolling us.

So when Cable interviewed, I started to have the same PTSD as you did. Maybe Jed and Paraag were trolling us...LOL

Thank baby Jesus they were able to secure Kyle. What a damn relief!!!

Same here. Once Jed let Harbaugh go and went for Tomsula, I know the run was over and there's going to be a niner hell for the next couple of years. I thought it would last a decade and a half, to tell you the truth, then Kyle, John and Jimmy came and I was rescued form Niner Hell.



It feels great getting back to our roots!
Originally posted by NCommand:
I physically felt sick to my stomach when the Tomsula hiring was announced and I remember MM tweeting out a teaser that he might be the one; I thought he was trolling us.

So when Cable interviewed, I started to have the same PTSD as you did. Maybe Jed and Paraag were trolling us...LOL

Thank baby Jesus they were able to secure Kyle. What a damn relief!!!

Tomsula mumbling like a 2am drunk

Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by NCommand:
I physically felt sick to my stomach when the Tomsula hiring was announced and I remember MM tweeting out a teaser that he might be the one; I thought he was trolling us.

So when Cable interviewed, I started to have the same PTSD as you did. Maybe Jed and Paraag were trolling us...LOL

Thank baby Jesus they were able to secure Kyle. What a damn relief!!!

Tomsula mumbling like a 2am drunk


Why not? Why not? Okay why, why not? Let's do it, let's go.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Tomsula mumbling like a 2am drunk


Jeezus that was painful to watch
Raiders hire Jim O'Neil away from 49ers.

Take him.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone