Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 706 users in the forums

2018 Coaching Staff

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 44,532
Originally posted by Niners99:
Raiders hire Jim O'Neil away from 49ers.

Take him.

He was fired last year.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 27,847
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Raiders hire Jim O'Neil away from 49ers.

Take him.

He was fired last year.

Those dumbf**ks hired this dump truck I f**king loving it!!
Originally posted by LVJay:
Those dumbf**ks hired this dump truck I f**king loving it!!

Lousy coordinator, might be just fine as a regular assistant. I never thought he was a dumb guy, just that his playcalling was far more oriented towards s**t that looks good on a whiteboard and doesn't work so well in reality.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 27,847
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Lousy coordinator, might be just fine as a regular assistant. I never thought he was a dumb guy, just that his playcalling was far more oriented towards s**t that looks good on a whiteboard and doesn't work so well in reality.

Just like in the Chucky movies, always doing strange s**t LOL
Originally posted by LVJay:
Just like in the Chucky movies, always doing strange s**t LOL

Both Parcells and Greg Cosell like O'Neil quite a lot so I'm thinking he's a guy who wasn't ready to be a DC but probably isn't a terrible coach, just don't make him the playcaller.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Raiders hire Jim O'Neil away from 49ers.

Take him.

He was fired last year.

You're right. For some reason I thought Shanahan retained him as a defensive assistant. I guess I was thinking of Tarver.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 19,430
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Raiders hire Jim O'Neil away from 49ers.

Take him.

He was fired last year.

You're right. For some reason I thought Shanahan retained him as a defensive assistant. I guess I was thinking of Tarver.

And Hafley. He was retained by Shanahan.
OC Rick Dennison fired by the Bills. Worked under Mike Shanahan and Kubiak for ages.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
OC Rick Dennison fired by the Bills. Worked under Mike Shanahan and Kubiak for ages.

Had the same thought...I wonder what the relationship is like with Kyle Shanny. Maybe in like a Offensive Assistant role? I just don't see Kyle handing off playcalling duties at this time.
Originally posted by Giants9ersfan:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
OC Rick Dennison fired by the Bills. Worked under Mike Shanahan and Kubiak for ages.

Had the same thought...I wonder what the relationship is like with Kyle Shanny. Maybe in like a Offensive Assistant role? I just don't see Kyle handing off playcalling duties at this time.

He might not ever hand it off.
Originally posted by Giants9ersfan:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
OC Rick Dennison fired by the Bills. Worked under Mike Shanahan and Kubiak for ages.

Had the same thought...I wonder what the relationship is like with Kyle Shanny. Maybe in like a Offensive Assistant role? I just don't see Kyle handing off playcalling duties at this time.

He could be like a senior offensive assistant maybe?
i wanted tom cable as the oline coach. That dude work miracles....

Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by Giants9ersfan:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
OC Rick Dennison fired by the Bills. Worked under Mike Shanahan and Kubiak for ages.

Had the same thought...I wonder what the relationship is like with Kyle Shanny. Maybe in like a Offensive Assistant role? I just don't see Kyle handing off playcalling duties at this time.

He could be like a senior offensive assistant maybe?

+1
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by Giants9ersfan:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
OC Rick Dennison fired by the Bills. Worked under Mike Shanahan and Kubiak for ages.

Had the same thought...I wonder what the relationship is like with Kyle Shanny. Maybe in like a Offensive Assistant role? I just don't see Kyle handing off playcalling duties at this time.

He could be like a senior offensive assistant maybe?

I think we might have enough cooks in the kitchen.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 67,090
Originally posted by pdizo916:
i wanted tom cable as the oline coach. That dude work miracles....

Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by Giants9ersfan:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
OC Rick Dennison fired by the Bills. Worked under Mike Shanahan and Kubiak for ages.

Had the same thought...I wonder what the relationship is like with Kyle Shanny. Maybe in like a Offensive Assistant role? I just don't see Kyle handing off playcalling duties at this time.

He could be like a senior offensive assistant maybe?

+1

Oh you mean like he did with Seattle's O-line.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
i wanted tom cable as the oline coach. That dude work miracles....

Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by Giants9ersfan:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
OC Rick Dennison fired by the Bills. Worked under Mike Shanahan and Kubiak for ages.

Had the same thought...I wonder what the relationship is like with Kyle Shanny. Maybe in like a Offensive Assistant role? I just don't see Kyle handing off playcalling duties at this time.

He could be like a senior offensive assistant maybe?

+1

Oh you mean like he did with Seattle's O-line.

Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone