LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 143 users in the forums

2018 Coaching Staff

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Do you guys see ANY changes on the staff???

Obviously Saleh is coming back as the D.C. I would love to at least add a veteran coach on the defensive (and offensive) staff(s). Ken Norton Jr would seem like a perfect fit and addition as LB's coach. I'm also not sold on our DB's coach Hafley (sp?) but I suspect he will be back.

On the offensive side, does Kyle hire an offensive coordinator? I hope so, obviously he's not giving up play calling but i think it would only help if he had a little help with game planning and adjusting. The new O.C if there is one, is probably on the staff and that guy is Mike McDaniel who has been with Kyle and basically his right hand man the last 8 or 9 years. Another scenario could be promoting Rich Scgarino (sp?) our QB's coach to O.C as he has a good amount of OC experience (college level) and promote McDaniel to QB's cosch or better yet.... make him the WR's coach as he has a very good resume as WR's coach and move LaFluer from WR's coach to QB's.

I do see McDaniel or Scags being an O.C on our team or another NFL team in the 2 years.

Thoughts, predictions, ideas????
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Jane from payroll is about to become the head coach of the l.a/ oakland/ vegas raiders..
Bryant Young DL coach
Originally posted by Jcool:

There it is. Thanks for the 411
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Bryant Young DL coach

I wish. He would be such a perfect fit as he played in this type of scheme. I can't see us getting him or firing Zgonina another guy I'm not sold on.
Originally posted by DickNasty:
Jane from payroll is about to become the head coach of the l.a/ oakland/ vegas raiders..

Jon Gruden's 401 k is going to be nasty lol
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:

Ken Norton Jr would seem like a perfect fit and addition as LB's coach.

IMO Norton probably goes back to Carroll.
Mike McCarthy may be outs in GB

Bring him in for Assistant HC (sched to have the Packers on the road next season)
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Jan 5, 2018 at 8:13 PM ]

Bring him in for Assistant HC (sched to have the Packers on the road next season)

People don't seem to understand the concept of upstaging a head coach. You dont bring in a guy who could potentially be seen as someone the fans will chant for after a couple bad losses at some point. It creates paranoia in the HC. Shanahan doesn't need a successful veteran HC to help him. Same reason why his dad isn't being brought in.

Originally posted by DickNasty:

Thats Joan from Payroll. People are already forgetting her impact on the team with Tomsula here to point it out regularly.

[ Edited by Niners99 on Jan 5, 2018 at 8:34 PM ]
Originally posted by zonkers:

No they have Michael Barrow a very highly respected LB's coach.
I want John Fox.

He will 100% get a HC job somewhere else.
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Originally posted by zonkers:

No they have Michael Barrow a very highly respected LB's coach.

The 49ers are happy with Johnny Holland at LB coach.
Share 49ersWebzone