LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 176 users in the forums

Greg Mabin CB Iowa

Shop Find 49ers gear online
After being roasted for a good portion of the game Dontae Johnson gave way to a recently promoted undrafted FA rookie corner by the name of Greg Mabin 6'2" 200 lbs . Seemed the defense settled down quite a bit once the kid was thrown into the starting lineup. Any thoughts if we should just let the kid play for the remainder of the Season & see if he has adds any value to this team, maybe he sticks around who knows. I really think its time pull the plug on the DJ experiment. He really hasn't played well all year long anyways.

[ Edited by Tru2RedNGold25 on Dec 12, 2017 at 11:24 PM ]
I know he gave up the TD to the bears. Think did alright vs Texans i believe.
The next Eric Davis.
The next deion sanders
Next Mike rumph
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Antonio Langham
He wont even be on the roster next year
Originally posted by valrod33:

This
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
After being roasted for a good portion of the game Dontae Johnson gave way to a recently promoted undrafted FA rookie corner by the name of Greg Mabin 6'2" 200 lbs . Seemed the defense settled down quite a bit once the kid was thrown into the starting lineup. Any thoughts if we should just let the kid play for the remainder of the Season & see if he has adds any value to this team, maybe he sticks around who knows. I really think its time pull the plug on the DJ experiment. He really hasn't played well all year long anyways.

I really wish we took another Iowa cornerback...Desmond King! That guy is a player
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Originally posted by valrod33:

This

This is most likely outcome...but would love to be proven wrong.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Mabin, I think, played more aggressively against Hopkins than Johnson did. That could be scheme or not. But Johnson looked intimidated by hopkins.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Just keeping Saquon's jersey # some action.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Mabin, I think, played more aggressively against Hopkins than Johnson did. That could be scheme or not. But Johnson looked intimidated by hopkins.

Agreed, DJ did look intimidated by Hopkins. With that said, I think it was easy for Mabin to step in and get in Hopkins' face because he didn't have anything to lose at that point, it was obvious the way DJ was playing him was ineffective so Mabin just did the opposite and it seemed to work for the short amount of time. I think we need to move on from DJ but doubt at this point Mabin will be the guy to replace him.
You're going to need them both. Witherspoon has a knee sprain.
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
Originally posted by Giedi:

Agreed, DJ did look intimidated by Hopkins. With that said, I think it was easy for Mabin to step in and get in Hopkins' face because he didn't have anything to lose at that point, it was obvious the way DJ was playing him was ineffective so Mabin just did the opposite and it seemed to work for the short amount of time. I think we need to move on from DJ but doubt at this point Mabin will be the guy to replace him.

They changed the defense when Mabin came in and bracketed Hopkins.
Share 49ersWebzone