LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 331 users in the forums

Greg Mabin CB Iowa

Shop Find 49ers gear online
At Iowa, teams threw Mabin's direction a lot because Desmond King was the other CB. Mabin was a solid CB and I think will be solid in the NFL as well.
Hope he does well but I'm done jumping the gun on young DBs that have a good start on our squad. They always seem to fall off once they get a little hype.
[b]$
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Mabin has a future...he's not flashy, but solid. We can use a whole lot of solid in our secondary. Dude can tackle, which is more than I can say for most of the other guys back there. Look for DJ Reed to potentially take over at FS, too. Colbert really needs to 1) stay healthy and 2) get back to the playmaking he showed his rookie season.

I'll take solid over flashy in the secondary any day. Solid makes fewer mistakes.

YOU PLAY, TO WIN, THE GAME. lolz. So far replacements have shined big time in filling in.

Started with Breida,Morris and Warner. KB(again), Exum, Mabin now flashing. I'll take it. Stay faithful y'all.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Oct 4, 2018 at 10:40 PM ]
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Hope he does well but I'm done jumping the gun on young DBs that have a good start on our squad. They always seem to fall off once they get a little hype.

and we have yet to see what Moore can do yet also...
fools gold, IMO.

Guess we'll see.

I'd rather have him out there than Ward though.
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
fools gold, IMO.

Guess we'll see.

I'd rather have him out there than Ward though.

True. Let him get his reps to see if he's any good. We already know what ward is.
Originally posted by 49erWill:
True. Let him get his reps to see if he's any good. We already know what ward is.

This. Enough with ward. He is so bad at cb
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
It seems like we often find a player like this guy... you know, some DB that looks promising... young.. hungry... big play here and there.. then next thing you know.. FLOP as a freakin starter or right after signing a HUGE contract..
Originally posted by elguapo:

Ward should stay at safety where he belongs. In my opinion we should have Reed at corner and Ward/Moore as the backup safeties. That's their more natural position.
Originally posted by 9moon:
It seems like we often find a player like this guy... you know, some DB that looks promising... young.. hungry... big play here and there.. then next thing you know.. FLOP as a freakin starter or right after signing a HUGE contract..

True. I thought Robinson was going to be a great corner back but I guess that was not the case

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Ward should stay at safety where he belongs. In my opinion we should have Reed at corner and Ward/Moore as the backup safeties. That's their more natural position.

I agree. I have been preaching this as well as keeping Thomas at DT permanently. Enough with the damn musical chairs

I agree. I have been preaching this as well as keeping Thomas at DT permanently. Enough with the damn musical chairs

I feel you bro, but the need was at CB this year and we had much better depth at S the last couple seasons.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
I feel you bro, but the need was at CB this year and we had much better depth at S the last couple seasons.

That is very true and it made sense at the time but it still trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. And less it's an obvious upgrade or the player is adapting well at the new position I don't see why we're switching these players positions so much.
  • dj43

When a team gets good, for the most part, players are at their natural positions.

One of the signs we are not yet done with the rebuild is the fact we are still forcing players into other than their best spot. Ward. Thomas. AA.
Originally posted by dj43:
When a team gets good, for the most part, players are at their natural positions.

One of the signs we are not yet done with the rebuild is the fact we are still forcing players into other than their best spot. Ward. Thomas. AA.

This. However even if we are trying players a different positions because our team isn't that good is no excuse. A lot of times I would say most times it never works out so our coaches should just stop already. It's one thing if a player moves from center to guard or guard to center but damn
Share 49ersWebzone