LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 271 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
whats wrong with Joe ?

They drafted a RB, one of the easiest positions to transition from college to the NFL and had to redshirt him because he's a space cadet, showed up to OTA's completely out of shape and got worked by an undrafted RB, struggled with pass blocking and holding on to the football.

His career has not started off on a very high note.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
whats wrong with Joe ?

They drafted a RB, one of the easiest positions to transition from college to the NFL and had to redshirt him because he's a space cadet, showed up to OTA's completely out of shape and got worked by an undrafted RB, struggled with pass blocking and holding on to the football.

Yup plus he quit in college also. So there were warnings.
Wow. Foster really ruined Lynch's approval rating on here all by himself. It was a regular love-fest with Shanny-lynch, then 2 arrests later and people are questioning all his moves since he got here. Unbelievable.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
what a gift. you know how posters think before they think. but i will say lynch is a moron if he is counting on foster and he is stupid if he does not draft a good backer in rounds one or two. unlike you,. i do not think we are just fine without a good middle linebacker on our team

How would that make him stupid? There has to be a player available to you that you value. No guarantees that you can get one that fits the scheme short of reaching. Perhaps they look to a vet via FA instead.

Originally posted by Joecool:
I think the 49ers have a great opportunity here to do the right thing and really build the foundation of high expectations this team has wanted for some time now. One defensive player is not going to bring this team back down from a possible 10 win season to a 6 win season. Dude didn't play half of every game anyway.

Do the right thing, Lynch. Blaze the trail to what winning with class really means.

We have needs at CB, SLB and Edge Rusher on defense as well and all would continue to build on the foundation.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
whats wrong with Joe ?

So his reasons for quitting in college were not valid?
whats wrong with Joe ?

I'm all for taking chances on riskier players in the draft...just after rounds 5 or 6
Originally posted by evil:
whats wrong with Joe ?

Sure, but he still quit. I feel bad for em but doesn't mean he makes a good player for the team
Dudes like Goodwin lost his baby and still played that week and became better because of it. That is what we should be looking for. High character and mentally tough. Not the ones who pack it up and go home.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Feb 13, 2018 at 12:11 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
whats wrong with Joe ?

No
Lynch is going to look like a sucker when all this is done if he doesn't heavily punish Foster or cut him.
Originally posted by MTninerfan:
Wow. Foster really ruined Lynch's approval rating on here all by himself. It was a regular love-fest with Shanny-lynch, then 2 arrests later and people are questioning all his moves since he got here. Unbelievable.

I've never seen a more bipolar, whiny fanbase than ours. It's really pathetic.

whats wrong with Joe ?

Sure, but he still quit. I feel bad for em but doesn't mean he makes a good player for the team
Dudes like Goodwin lost his baby and still played that week and became better because of it. That is what we should be looking for. High charachter and mentally tough. Not the ones who pack it up and go home.
Goodwin is an outlier tho

If you follow this forum long enough you will find that it is populated by the same sort of people you find in forums of any sort. People who like to think they know a lot about the topic under discussion but are actually pretty clueless. People who think the team would be better off if only the front office would listen to them. People who hate a particular player or exec and turn every post into an indictment of the object of their scorn and surprisingly at least one poster who seems to actually hate the team, has never in my memory ever posted a single positive thing about them, and likes to frame all of his posts in one sentence responses that I guess he thinks are clever. Which of course they aren't. If you have the patience though and stay out of certain threads, like this one, you will find that there are about 20 or 30 people who post in here on a regular basis who actually have some interesting things to say. A lot of it is pretty tiresome though
whats wrong with Joe ?

Dudes like Goodwin lost his baby and still played that week and became better because of it. That is what we should be looking for. High charachter and mentally tough. Not the ones who pack it up and go home.
Goodwin is an outlier tho

There are plenty of examples of guys who overcome tragedies in the league, college, high school and more.

Even if outliers, as management, those are the kinds of outliers you want on your team. You can go far with a team full of Goodwins. With guys like Foster and Williams, its harder.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Feb 13, 2018 at 12:31 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

WOW, we held trent and every other gm responsible for players they drafted and did not turn out . why in the world is lynch a sacred cow
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

WOW, we held trent and every other gm responsible for players they drafted and did not turn out . why in the world is lynch a sacred cow

Please tell me where in my post I said Lynch is a sacred cow. I'll wait.
Share 49ersWebzone