There are 128 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

• Jiks
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Admit it, you were secretly hoping that either Lynch or Shanny would fart and try to put the blame on Jimmy.

Tough to do since Jimmy farts probably have that new car smell.
Originally posted by Jiks:
Admit it, you were secretly hoping that either Lynch or Shanny would fart and try to put the blame on Jimmy.

Tough to do since Jimmy farts probably have that new car smell.

That will end once he goes to an SF Giants game and tries the garlic fries.
"After this, there are two teams with more cap space," Lynch said. "So we're going to be aggressively prudent and always make wise decisions and look out some years and do things that are a fit and give us an opportunity to be a better organization.
"We're going to continue to try to re-sign our own players that we think are part of this puzzle. Some of those we have to let go to free agency and see where the market shakes out. We're getting ready for the draft. We're getting ready for free agency. This thing is always moving."

http://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/49ers-send-signal-garoppolo-signing

Who would have thought this hand selected pick GM by Kyle Shanahan would be so good at his job. I'm so proud and this is only then end of Year 1. Love it!
Originally posted by jayfreshx3:
"After this, there are two teams with more cap space," Lynch said. "So we're going to be aggressively prudent and always make wise decisions and look out some years and do things that are a fit and give us an opportunity to be a better organization.
"We're going to continue to try to re-sign our own players that we think are part of this puzzle. Some of those we have to let go to free agency and see where the market shakes out. We're getting ready for the draft. We're getting ready for free agency. This thing is always moving."

Who would have thought this hand selected pick GM by Kyle Shanahan would be so good at his job. I'm so proud and this is only then end of Year 1. Love it!

Lynch is a boss

dude be coming into free agency......

Bawse!
I really hope we still keep focusing on the defense. There's always a false impression teams get when they get a QB thinking they need to load up talent around the QB. Problem is that it puts a lot of pressure on the best QB's to score 30+ points every game because the defense didn't get loaded up.

If you really want to take pressure off an elite QB, solidify the OL and fully load up on the defense.

"Aggressively prudent" is such a great Lynch-ism.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Yeah, I'm very surprised a rookie (well not anymore) GM did so well his first year. He's a lot different than Matt Millen, that's for sure. Having said that, he has a lot of help, from Praage to Martin, to the rest of his front office team, and I think the secret sauce to all this is Kyle's father who has a good relationship with John and is always looking out for his son Kyle.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Lynch is a boss

This is exactly how I see Lynch walking in the room to meet any FA this offseason
Originally posted by Joecool:
I really hope we still keep focusing on the defense. There's always a false impression teams get when they get a QB thinking they need to load up talent around the QB. Problem is that it puts a lot of pressure on the best QB's to score 30+ points every game because the defense didn't get loaded up.

If you really want to take pressure off an elite QB, solidify the OL and fully load up on the defense.

Simply put you are 100% correct. Why did the pats lose? Not because they couldn't score, but because their defense was s**t lol. Brady is amazing at 40 but I think NE stopped two drives the entire game. That's why Brady was getting miserable as the game wore on. He knew his defense wasn't up to the task.

If we are to be pragmatic, Protect our franchise qb. He's already shown he makes offensive skill players better with his ability. So give him more time to pick defenses apart. And give him a super defense.

Offensively I'd argue a top running game is more important than finding the next top wideout. If teams have no idea if we're going to run it for 5 yards or pass for 8 we are in a position to win many games.

Also - since I'm a fan from afar I'd like to say how refreshing and surprising John Lynch has been. He is charismatic and genuine. He is humble and relies on and appreciates he people around him. I think that's shown throughout the team over the last 12 months. I hope he keeps getting better as I am pleasantly surprised. He is a god send compared to his predecessor imo.

Originally posted by Joecool:

Yep
Originally posted by tohara3:
This is exactly how I see Lynch walking in the room to meet any FA this offseason

And whenever Shanahan walks in...

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Now i hope the next step is to cut some dead wood from the team and free up a titch more salary cap dollars
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Lynch is a boss

Lynch and company have to be smart in free agency. One day we have 117+ in salary cap room the next day we're down to 74 million. You can burn cap space up fast and a bad signing or 2 can really set you back. It will definitely be interesting to see what positional direction they go in during free agency.
[ Edited by SanFranFanfrmVa on Feb 9, 2018 at 8:32 PM ]
Originally posted by tohara3:

And whenever Shanahan walks in...

Share 49erswebzone