LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 275 users in the forums

Which trade will happen before the trade dead line tomorrow.

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which trade will happen before the trade dead line tomorrow.

We aren't going to do a thing, I'm afraid.
Originally posted by alwaysa49erfan:
With the pass rushers we have (including Aldon and Tank) it doesn't make sense to go after Allen. While he is talented he doesn't fit the scheme. Gordon on the other hand...

I'd be happy with either, but yes, they should do whatever it takes to get Gordon in here. Younger, smaller salary and a bigger area of need.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
I'm gonna be mad if the Cheaphawks trade for Jared Allen and we do nothing.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter21m
And @Mortreport says the Vikings are asking a second-round pick for Jared Allen but would consider a conditional third-round pick.

still mad? I want to see them stupidly trade a 2nd rounder for 8 games with him. Sure the seahawks are a popular super bowl pick but Allen's presence won't help or hurt that preconceived notion IMHO. If the hawks somehow won the SB Allen would bolt for the biggest payday he could and he probably still will no matter how far the hawks get in the postseason.
If we don't make a trade, what are we going to do with all of our draft picks?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gunslinger8:

Seems like they have a better understanding of how small a team's Super Bowl window can be and the need to get it done now. First Harvin, now Allen?
i did not realize we were out of contention.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

True that
Originally posted by Ballistic:
seattle needs OL help

no way they get to the super bowl with McQuistan and Bowie as their starting tackles

Aren't they going to Okung back like week 11 or sometime :/
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by verb1der:
Tim Kawakami ‏@timkawakami5m
NFL source: 49ers have "no interest" in a Jared Allen trade.

to late,,. people who already had him in a niners uniform or have him in a seattle uniform are pissed. now the niners and front office are losers because we did not want to over pay and burn down our long term financial house
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

True that

we were never in a position where we needed to make a trade in the first place.
Didn't need to make any moves. Everyone is getting healthy. We had the perfect situation for a bye week.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Didn't need to make any moves. Everyone is getting healthy. We had the perfect situation for a bye week.

you are preaching to the choir brother

Seems like they have a better understanding of how small a team's Super Bowl window can be and the need to get it done now. First Harvin, now Allen?

Sure! Because we've all seen how successful teams that spend big money on veteran free agents have been lately. Teams like that have won, what, maybe as many as zero championships? And again, a team's "window" is the career length of an elite QB paired with an elite Head Coach. If Kaepernick becomes an elite QB, the window will be open for quite a few years. The Packers, Patriots and Saints windows are still open. How long have those windows been open?
Originally posted by verb1der:
Tim Kawakami ‏@timkawakami5m
NFL source: 49ers have "no interest" in a Jared Allen trade.

In addition to the questions about scheme fit on our D and also fitting in w/ our overall team/locker room, how in the world would we find room with our current salary cap situation? (It's hard to believe the Vikes would take on most of his big salary to move him)
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNielsen:

Sure! Because we've all seen how successful teams that spend big money on veteran free agents have been lately. Teams like that have won, what, maybe as many as zero championships? And again, a team's "window" is the career length of an elite QB paired with an elite Head Coach. If Kaepernick becomes an elite QB, the window will be open for quite a few years. The Packers, Patriots and Saints windows are still open. How long have those windows been open?
people have been telling us our window has been closing since we lost that thanksgiving day game to the ravens two years ago
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Does Seattle even have cap room to sign Allen? I guess their thinking like the rest of us...their DL still isn't as good as the niners. They must be scared of the reinforcements we're getting soon.
Share 49ersWebzone