There are 247 users in the forums

Which trade will happen before the trade dead line tomorrow.

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which trade will happen before the trade dead line tomorrow.

Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by alwaysa49erfan:
Don't need this to happen...

i could care less what they do and just because they may do something or actually end up doing something,, does not mean we have to follow suit.

While I agree that just because they trade for Allen doesn't mean we should go make a trade irrationally, I do think that them adding a Pro Bowl pass rusher would not be good for the 49ers. This would make them very deep with talented pass rushers.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
3 hours to go.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
Don't need this to happen...

i could care less what they do and just because they may do something or actually end up doing something,, does not mean we have to follow suit.

While I agree that just because they trade for Allen doesn't mean we should go make a trade irrationally, I do think that them adding a Pro Bowl pass rusher would not be good for the 49ers. This would make them very deep with talented pass rushers.

If Aldon wasn't coming back, then I can see going after Allen.
If we trade Williams to Canada for syrup it almost locks us into the Superbowl.

The second he isn't here we are better and I bet waffles are good on cold day games.

That's the only trade that makes sense on this list.
  • TyCore
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ltrain:
According to FOX's Jay Glazer, the Vikings are "certainly open to fielding offers" for DE Jared Allen.
Per Glazer, the Vikings "are doing more than just listening," suggesting they're actually shopping Allen. They've have had a few discussions with teams but nothing substantial yet. Still, Glazer concedes that a deal is unlikely to get done because it's hard to see any franchise taking on the remainder of Allen's whopping $14.3 million contract. A team would have to have at least $8 million in 2013 cap space just to rent the veteran pass rusher for the rest of the year.

Thanks.

Yeah, that seems REAL steep.
Originally posted by TyCore:
According to FOX's Jay Glazer, the Vikings are "certainly open to fielding offers" for DE Jared Allen.
Per Glazer, the Vikings "are doing more than just listening," suggesting they're actually shopping Allen. They've have had a few discussions with teams but nothing substantial yet. Still, Glazer concedes that a deal is unlikely to get done because it's hard to see any franchise taking on the remainder of Allen's whopping $14.3 million contract. A team would have to have at least $8 million in 2013 cap space just to rent the veteran pass rusher for the rest of the year.

Thanks.

yea, we don't have the cap room.
seattle needs OL help

no way they get to the super bowl with McQuistan and Bowie as their starting tackles
Originally posted by pdizo916:

Thanks.

I hear he is willing to restructure his contract, but not sure if it's worth it
I'd be shocked if the Niners traded anything for Allen. That's just not the way Harballke work these days.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Thechad49:
Originally posted by pdizo916:

Thanks.

I hear he is willing to restructure his contract, but not sure if it's worth it

John Clayton is claiming that the Vikings are willing to pay a majority of Allen's remaining cap # in order to move him.

With the pass rushers we have (including Aldon and Tank) it doesn't make sense to go after Allen. While he is talented he doesn't fit the scheme. Gordon on the other hand...
I'm gonna be mad if the Cheaphawks trade for Jared Allen and we do nothing.
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:

Seems like they have a better understanding of how small a team's Super Bowl window can be and the need to get it done now. First Harvin, now Allen?
Tim Kawakami ‏@timkawakami5m
NFL source: 49ers have "no interest" in a Jared Allen trade.
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:

So this
Share 49ersWebzone