LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

Which trade will happen before the trade dead line tomorrow.

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which trade will happen before the trade dead line tomorrow.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Ballistic:
seattle needs OL help

no way they get to the super bowl with McQuistan and Bowie as their starting tackles

How long are their OT out for?
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Sure! Because we've all seen how successful teams that spend big money on veteran free agents have been lately. Teams like that have won, what, maybe as many as zero championships? And again, a team's "window" is the career length of an elite QB paired with an elite Head Coach. If Kaepernick becomes an elite QB, the window will be open for quite a few years. The Packers, Patriots and Saints windows are still open. How long have those windows been open?

This.

Another sports cliche I hate (I'm finding them all over the boards today) is this "championship window" s**t. I mean we're friggin Niners fans. we had a 20 year "championship" window at one point. I know its a different game now, but like you said, it's all about the QB and coach. So if Seattle wants to handicap themselves further by adding a piece they don't even really need, then so be it. I'm not sitting here worrying about the damn Seahwaks every minute of every day.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by alwaysa49erfan:
Don't need this to happen...

How dumb is Seattle, shoot I hope they trade for Allen, Joe Staley can hold his own against him.
Originally posted by Antix:
Sure! Because we've all seen how successful teams that spend big money on veteran free agents have been lately. Teams like that have won, what, maybe as many as zero championships? And again, a team's "window" is the career length of an elite QB paired with an elite Head Coach. If Kaepernick becomes an elite QB, the window will be open for quite a few years. The Packers, Patriots and Saints windows are still open. How long have those windows been open?

This.

Another sports cliche I hate (I'm finding them all over the boards today) is this "championship window" s**t. I mean we're friggin Niners fans. we had a 20 year "championship" window at one point. I know its a different game now, but like you said, it's all about the QB and coach. So if Seattle wants to handicap themselves further by adding a piece they don't even really need, then so be it. I'm not sitting here worrying about the damn Seahwaks every minute of every day.

This and that times 1000000000 championship wjndow b******t is old and played out, and after last nights game i dont think i need to worry about them any minute of any day.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Antix:

This.

window closing=trap game . i chuckle at the fans here who rip the niners and front office if they do not make a move to match whatever seattle does. i think we worry more about what we do and how we play as compared to something or someone we have no control over. flash gordon is not needed, allen is not possible nor logical to our long term financial future
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Ballistic:
seattle needs OL help

no way they get to the super bowl with McQuistan and Bowie as their starting tackles

How long are their OT out for?
Okung? his projected return is wk 11

lol
for niner "fans" wanting to make a trade

you do realize that Allen will cost ~8 mill for the yr and the team is just under 1 mill under the cap, right?

also, they need to make room for the cluster of player contract extensions coming their way
Originally posted by gunslinger8:
If we don't make a trade, what are we going to do with all of our draft picks?

Valid point. Because we have seen that even if their later draft picks show great potential in the preseason, they're still going to get cut.

If those later picks aren't somehow bundled to move up on earlier earlier picks, or used as part of some trade scenario, chances are very high that they'll be wasted picks.
After watching teams like the Eagles and of course this year's Tampa Bay Bucs face plant every year lately, I'm surprised people are still into this idea that the team should go out and spend big money and draft picks on expensive veteran free agents. The Niners FO is obviously dedicated to doing things the way the Packers and Giants have over the years - develop through the draft and add less expensive free agents for key positions of need if they don't break the bank. The Seahawks have actually been working that way as well up until this last off-season when they changed their approach. We'll see how it works out for them. If it works out, they'll be the first team to be successful adding expensive free agents in quite some time.
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:

Valid point. Because we have seen that even if their later draft picks show great potential in the preseason, they're still going to get cut.

If those later picks aren't somehow bundled to move up on earlier earlier picks, or used as part of some trade scenario, chances are very high that they'll be wasted picks.

They bundle picks to move up and get the players they really want in the first and second rounds. That's how they got Kaepernick and Reid.

After watching teams like the Eagles and of course this year's Tampa Bay Bucs face plant every year lately, I'm surprised people are still into this idea that the team should go out and spend big money and draft picks on expensive veteran free agents. The Niners FO is obviously dedicated to doing things the way the Packers and Giants have over the years - develop through the draft and add less expensive free agents for key positions of need if they don't break the bank. The Seahawks have actually been working that way as well up until this last off-season when they changed their approach. We'll see how it works out for them. If it works out, they'll be the first team to be successful adding expensive free agents in quite some time.

Justin Smith was a big FA who broke the bank. Turned out fine.

Heh. Keep pushing them back into future drafts as need arises. Eventually the 49ers will lose some excellent players via free agency (Crabtree? Boldin? Iupati?) and need those picks.
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Oct 29, 2013 at 11:06 AM ]

Agree with you. But that's a very big "if". He's nowhere near the level of the other three QBs right now and, personally, as much as I have been on his bandwagon, I have my doubts that he'll be the type of QB they are. His development seems stalled . . . good (could be very good) not great. We'll see.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by alwaysa49erfan:
Don't need this to happen...

Seattle making 11th-hour push to trade for Vikings Pro-Bowl DE Jared Allen, per multiple sources. Vikings also talking to second team.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter)

How dumb is Seattle, shoot I hope they trade for Allen, Joe Staley can hold his own against him.
@AdamSchefter @AdamSchefter: Seahawks not expected to trade for Vikings DE Jared Allen now. One source said the Seahawks have decided to not actively pursue him.
"Who's gonna get traded to us?!"
Share 49ersWebzone