There are 180 users in the forums

BREAKING NEWS: ALDON SMITH SUSPENDED INDEFINITELY BY JED YORK

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by kazak13:
The question is. Does Aldon have a drinking problem like waking up and having to drink a bottle of vodka or did he get busted partying twice. One of my best friend had a drinking problem and he killed himself with a shotgun. he needed help.. Is that Aldons problem?

what, do you want to wait till he kills himself or someone else to get your answer?

i think he is trying to differentiate between alcohol abuse (Aldon does this for sure) and alcohol dependence (physocally and mentally addicted)
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
i think he is trying to differentiate between alcohol abuse (Aldon does this for sure) and alcohol dependence (physocally and mentally addicted)

i guess they are finding those things out in rehab tonight.depending on how much aldon wants to reveal when he comes back, we may never know.
Originally posted by kazak13:
Accidents do happen and I am sorry for your brother but what I am saying is that an athlete getting a DUI should not mean that he should automatically check in rehab. No one here knows if Aldon has a drinking problem or if it's him just parrying up and getting busted twice. There is a difference between people who drink and get busted and people who are alcoholics and wake up each day with the idea to drink a bottle for breakfast.

In quite a few professions, it means you lose your job, period. It shows that you are a liability respect, can't be trusted to be responsible and have questionable decision-making. Even in the military nowadays they are discharging some people for just a single DUI.

in Aldon's case, it goes well beyond drinking to a variety of other issues including suspected painkiller abuse. He's got a considerable amount of issues that he needs to work on and in his case, this is the right thing to do.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Everyone drinks and drives it's just some of us don't get caught. I'd say about 70% of the people leaving candlestick leave driving drunk.

Depends on what you mean by drink. Have I driven an hour or more after having dinner and a beer or two with friends? Sure. Have I ever driven after having four or five straight drinks at the bar? f**k no.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Everyone drinks and drives it's just some of us don't get caught. I'd say about 70% of the people leaving candlestick leave driving drunk.

Depends on what you mean by drink. Have I driven an hour or more after having dinner and a beer or two with friends? Sure. Have I ever driven after having four or five straight drinks at the bar? f**k no.

have you ever been at 0.15BAC at 7 am on they way to work?

i cant remember
Painkiller abuse? Really........
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

with pills by your side , with scars from a stab wound inflicted during one of your binges?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Painkiller abuse? Really........

booze and that stuff,, great combo.. and then some think he can do rehab over the internet

I remember being heavily hung over walking to PT after a night of hard partying in the barracks a few times.

This is surreal. I can't believe our best defensive player is in rehab. Never in 25 years have i head of anything like this.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
This is surreal. I can't believe our best defensive player is in rehab. Never in 25 years have i head of anything like this.
haley probably should have been. hollywood henderson should have been for coke when he was with us
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Better in rehab and getting his s**t together. I also don't think it is a foregone conclusion that the NFL will suspend him later. Since he and the 49ers are being proactive in response, I don't think Goodell will see a need to further punish him.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Better in rehab and getting his s**t together. I also don't think it is a foregone conclusion that the NFL will suspend him later. Since he and the 49ers are being proactive in response, I don't think Goodell will see a need to further punish him.
esp if he decides to miss the entire year, which i would be in favor of.
Originally posted by cciowa:
esp if he decides to miss the entire year, which i would be in favor of.

Ho many times are you going to say that? We get it. You want him to sit out the whole year.
Share 49ersWebzone