There are 183 users in the forums

BREAKING NEWS: ALDON SMITH SUSPENDED INDEFINITELY BY JED YORK

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Everyone drinks and drives it's just some of us don't get caught. I'd say about 70% of the people leaving candlestick leave driving drunk.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Everyone drinks and drives it's just some of us don't get caught. I'd say about 70% of the people leaving candlestick leave driving drunk.
alot of us have gotten smarter as we have gotten older and do not do it anymore because we know it only takes one time.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

not everyone but a lot of people do.
Originally posted by susweel:

not everyone but a lot of people do.

I don't drink and drive, not worth it.. However it's amazing how a DUI can ruin your career or on this fact Aldon's season. People with DUI's get labeled as problematic and I don't think that Alison will not be able to perform because he had a DUI. With a 16 game season schedule that's not right. I mean Brett Farve's dad died and he played the following games, and death in the family is worse than a DUI. I am not saying that people should drive drunk, but let's see if this will happen in soccer in England, a player gets a DUI, he still plays and deals with it on the offseason. I am disappointed to see Aldon not play and possibly face a suspension. At this point is like to believe he has a serious problem and he is drunk every day and that is why he is checking in rehab.
Aldon could have killed a tree in a green liberal city
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by kazak13:
Why is DUI such a big deal in this country. Let the man play he will be most likely suspended by the commissioner for the first 4 games next season....

I mean I can drink 4 beers get in the car and get a DUI... This happens twice all of the sudden I have a problem. Hmmm

you tell that to a mom who just lost her kid to a drunk driver, tell that to a kid who just lost his dad to a drunk driver, when you drive drunk you are stupid, aldon compounded that with multiple offenses and pills. he needs help and i think 30 to 60 days is just what the doctor ordered,. no matter what it does to the team, i would advise him to take the rest of the year off, concentrate on staying clean and sober and start anew on the day after the season is over
I don't know if this guy is serious or not but it is a big deal. I live with it everyday. I lost my only brother to a drunk driver. 24 years and it still stings. So many things not finished so much promise unfulfilled.
Accidents do happen and I am sorry for your brother but what I am saying is that an athlete getting a DUI should not mean that he should automatically check in rehab. No one here knows if Aldon has a drinking problem or if it's him just parrying up and getting busted twice. There is a difference between people who drink and get busted and people who are alcoholics and wake up each day with the idea to drink a bottle for breakfast.
Accidents do happen and I am sorry for your brother but what I am saying is that an athlete getting a DUI should not mean that he should automatically check in rehab. No one here knows if Aldon has a drinking problem or if it's him just parrying up and getting busted twice. There is a difference between people who drink and get busted and people who are alcoholics and wake up each day with the idea to drink a bottle for breakfast.

he did blow a 0.15 at 7AM

and he passed out with the foot on the pedal while spinning the wheels against the tree

and he has had many crazy things already happen with alcohol always a common theme
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Why is DUI such a big deal in this country. Let the man play he will be most likely suspended by the commissioner for the first 4 games next season....

I mean I can drink 4 beers get in the car and get a DUI... This happens twice all of the sudden I have a problem. Hmmm

you tell that to a mom who just lost her kid to a drunk driver, tell that to a kid who just lost his dad to a drunk driver, when you drive drunk you are stupid, aldon compounded that with multiple offenses and pills. he needs help and i think 30 to 60 days is just what the doctor ordered,. no matter what it does to the team, i would advise him to take the rest of the year off, concentrate on staying clean and sober and start anew on the day after the season is over
I don't know if this guy is serious or not but it is a big deal. I live with it everyday. I lost my only brother to a drunk driver. 24 years and it still stings. So many things not finished so much promise unfulfilled.

Don't think he means to be such an idiot but many folks are still clueless. I'm actually somewhat surprised the attitude is so serious...a good thing.

We do know he has an alcohol problem. One does not volunteer to go to rehab because he likes to party. We know he has a history of getting into trouble. We don't know how often he shows up to work drunk or hung over.
The question is. Does Aldon have a drinking problem like waking up and having to drink a bottle of vodka or did he get busted partying twice. One of my best friend had a drinking problem and he killed himself with a shotgun. he needed help.. Is that Aldons problem?

70% ... Haha. I don't think so.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
having a debate on if smith has a drinking problem is ,, well i just do not know what it is , if loaded at 7am with pills in the car and a car smashed into a tree is not a cry for help. he should have been on that plane to rehab the next day. but he is there now and its a process for him, probably for the rest of his life, i am in favor of him not coming back this year, damned what it does to the team. it would have been nice to have aldon in rehab last week and that way we could have seen the lemon man in action sunday rather than to start things off in that dome, which you know could get nuts, if we get off to a bad start.. just like last year in minnesota.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
The question is. Does Aldon have a drinking problem like waking up and having to drink a bottle of vodka or did he get busted partying twice. One of my best friend had a drinking problem and he killed himself with a shotgun. he needed help.. Is that Aldons problem?

what, do you want to wait till he kills himself or someone else to get your answer?
Share 49ersWebzone