LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 245 users in the forums

BREAKING NEWS: ALDON SMITH SUSPENDED INDEFINITELY BY JED YORK

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cciowa:
booze and that stuff,, great combo.. and then some think he can do rehab over the internet

And then you have some who want to beat a dead horse and continue to make it sound like he is a lifetime criminal because he was stabbed in his own home breaking up a fight. Or those who want to make it sound like he is a major pill junkie because he had painkillers for his recent injury to his back.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SportsFan:
esp if he decides to miss the entire year, which i would be in favor of.

Ho many times are you going to say that? We get it. You want him to sit out the whole year.

yes i think i said that
We don't know the whole story. I want Aldon to do what Aldon thinks is best for him.

We can't just automatically assume he is an alcoholic. Does he have some sort of alcohol issue? Of course. But to what extent we don't know. Drinking in and of itself and getting hammered is not a big deal. Hell most of us do that every weekend. Unless he is getting hammered all the time. The main issue is his choice to drive.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
And then you have some who want to beat a dead horse and continue to make it sound like he is a lifetime criminal because he was stabbed in his own home breaking up a fight. Or those who want to make it sound like he is a major pill junkie because he had painkillers for his recent injury to his back.
and then you have those who try to make excuses for his poor behavior and his obvious glaring need for help in the area of substance abuse
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Better in rehab and getting his s**t together. I also don't think it is a foregone conclusion that the NFL will suspend him later. Since he and the 49ers are being proactive in response, I don't think Goodell will see a need to further punish him.
esp if he decides to miss the entire year, which i would be in favor of.

We'll need him for the....playoffs...
The most recent photo shoot of the team

Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Everyone drinks and drives it's just some of us don't get caught. I'd say about 70% of the people leaving candlestick leave driving drunk.

Depends on what you mean by drink. Have I driven an hour or more after having dinner and a beer or two with friends? Sure. Have I ever driven after having four or five straight drinks at the bar? f**k no.

have you ever been at 0.15BAC at 7 am on they way to work?

i cant remember

I wonder if Aldon remembers
and then you have those who try to make excuses for his poor behavior and his obvious glaring need for help in the area of substance abuse

Not making excuses for his drinking and driving, there is no excuse for that I've lost to many friends and family members to drunken idiots behind the wheel. Im just saying there is a logical explanation for pills being in his car. Especially when initial reports or being busted with marijuana in his car were totally false, and the entire week he had been listed on the injury report as having back problems. Personally Im beyond happy he was willing to A) admite he has a problem B) do something to resolve the problem and hopefully C) follow through with whatever his rehab programs requirements are.
[ Edited by LoneWolf on Sep 23, 2013 at 7:26 PM ]
His "friends" are the ones trying to ride that horse as long as they can. Offering up silly excuses is one way to persuade him that he is just fine so let's go to the club.
Originally posted by carlgo:
His "friends" are the ones trying to ride that horse as long as they can. Offering up silly excuses is one way to persuade him that he is just fine so let's go to the club.

His "friends" let him drive home

There should be a special part in the rookie handbook that says, not everyone is your friend, some people just want to hang out for your money.

There should be a special part in the rookie handbook that says, not everyone is your friend, some people just want to hang out for your money.

Or have just ONE friend who will be your designated driver
Or have just ONE friend who will be your designated driver

No because then they end up with a drunk designated driver trying ride him for all hes got, team mates only friends, designated driver must be a cruel evil mean ass old woman.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by strinersniners:
Did the Niners make a mistake concerning Aldon Smith? http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--49ers-make-mistake-by-not-benching-aldon-smith-035643971.html

No they didnt make a mistake, kevin lynch first thouht they did also, but after the game it made more sense. By playing Aldon they showed to him that he has all of there support and comradery to help him beat his problem. Which can be very very crucial when it comes to addictions. Everyone who has a problem wih that including ditka, beat writers and all the fans stuck on there moral high horses can ead.

I think they took the problem with Aldon with the seriousness that it merits.

I think they tried to make the best decision that they could with the information that they had.

They did not feel that sitting him, or suspending him, would have been helpful.

In my opinion, the team has responded well to this problem.

They have made it clear that will support him as long as he continues to work to eliminate his problems.
Originally posted by buck:
I think they took the problem with Aldon with the seriousness that it merits.

I think they tried to make the best decision that they could with the information that they had.

They did not feel that sitting him, or suspending him, would have been helpful.

In my opinion, the team has responded well to this problem.

They have made it clear that will support him as long as he continues to work to eliminate his problems.

Share 49ersWebzone