LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

BREAKING NEWS: ALDON SMITH SUSPENDED INDEFINITELY BY JED YORK

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Or have just ONE friend who will be your designated driver

No because then they end up with a drunk designated driver trying ride him for all hes got, team mates only friends, designated driver must be a cruel evil mean ass old woman.

Lol but he probably is traumatized from his last designated driver who dodged the deer and flipped the car and broke his back before the Lions game
Lol but he probably is traumatized from his last designated driver who dodged the deer and flipped the car and broke his back before the Lions game

Thats why an grumpy old woman is the perfect choice for a DD, she doesnt dodge deer she drives so slow the deer dodge her, and if Aldon got mouthy with her shell make him jog next to the car as shes driving him home, working out can wash the alcohol out of your system pretty fast.
[ Edited by LoneWolf on Sep 23, 2013 at 8:28 PM ]

Smith is soooo lucky. Any one of these incidents, and likely there were many more that were hushed up, could have ended things for him. He must have had every POS low life in town hustling him. He probably was easy prey for them. A couple of drinks and you could not only hang with a famous athlete, but he would buy bottles for you at the club and who knows what else. Bet the money just flew out, fluttering all about with morons fighting over it like vultures (my regrets to actual vultures who actually have to work to live).
Originally posted by SportsFan:
We don't know the whole story. I want Aldon to do what Aldon thinks is best for him.

We can't just automatically assume he is an alcoholic. Does he have some sort of alcohol issue? Of course. But to what extent we don't know. Drinking in and of itself and getting hammered is not a big deal. Hell most of us do that every weekend. Unless he is getting hammered all the time. The main issue is his choice to drive.

Agreed. There are many types of substance "abuse." "Dependency" is the label used to decribe a physical addiction...when stopped, the body goes through withdrawls, etc. What Aldon most likely is is an abuser. When he DOES drink, he can't stop. Boone was the same way and bads things happen once that line is crossed and that line gets shorter and shorter each time. There are highly functioning abusers...those who can maintain the abuse while still holding down a job and being responsible. But usually massive other areas are affected by this abuse (personal relationships, families, hurting the team, etc.) as a result of the concentration in that one area.

The point here is that it's going to take some time to determine what level Aldon is at coupled with other mental health issues and then properly treat him. He has been VERY VERY lucky thus far but now it's hurt his team, his relationships with his teammates and the FO; and esp. his reputation within the NFL and the fan base. This will be very difficult to overcome and treat properly; to teach him the skills to properly deal with the media and fan base b/c he IS a spotlighted athlete and he is going to hear every question from now on, about his rehab...NOT football.

Props to the FO for doing the right thing here. This can not be understated. Taking care of their own is a staple of past ownership and Jed seems to be following in these same footsteps.
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 24, 2013 at 8:15 AM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
why these idiots don't just catch a cab or a limo, is beyond me.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Yeah they got so much money. Get a driver to drive u around.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by kazak13:

Yeah they got so much money. Get a driver to drive u around.

from my understanding he was going from SF to SJ when he crashed. That's a long drive when you're all f**ked up. Cab for that distance probably would've cost him close to 200 each way. Still a small price to pay compared to what he's dealing with now.
[ Edited by ChazBoner on Sep 24, 2013 at 8:23 AM ]

Verstehen sie "drunk?"
from my understanding he was going from SF to SJ when he crashed. That's a long drive when you're all f**ked up. Cab for that distance probably would've cost him close to 200 each way. Still a small price to pay compared to what he's dealing with now.

NFL teams will cover up to the first $200 for a private driver/cab...etc. The players have got a number they are given that will put them into contact with NFL approved cab/driving service services in every city they're at, no excuse whatsoever.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Sep 24, 2013 at 4:06 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
If this dude truly does have a problem I wonder how many times he has showed up to practice drunk.

Originally posted by susweel:
If this dude truly does have a problem I wonder how many times he has showed up to practice drunk.

How bout to the game?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by susweel:

How bout to the game?

well LT used to play coked up and we all saw how he played.
poor Rowdy Roddy White defended Aldon on Twitter and has been chewed out.

he was just basically calling these media folks (ex-players) hypocrites... but of course some are taking his tweets as saying its fine to drink and drive.

http://msn.foxsports.com/lacesout/roddy-white-isnt-happy-about-critcism-of-aldon-smith/
I don't think Roddy White has ever said one intelligent thing on twitter.

Falcons are the best team in football.....LOL

He's the best receiver in football.....LOL

The 49ers can never win with Alex Smith....LOL

Stop being so hard on Aldon because everyone does it......
[ Edited by SofaKing on Sep 24, 2013 at 4:27 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Afrikan:
poor Rowdy Roddy White defended Aldon on Twitter and has been chewed out.

he was just basically calling these media folks (ex-players) hypocrites... but of course some are taking his tweets as saying its fine to drink and drive.

http://msn.foxsports.com/lacesout/roddy-white-isnt-happy-about-critcism-of-aldon-smith/

Roddy White is the man.
Share 49ersWebzone