LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 284 users in the forums

What has happened to Carlos Rogers?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I thought he was one of the best bargains our team had gotten last year with his play, but it is now evident why We didn't offer him a better contract. This year he is constantly beaten, not getting the picks he did last year, and simply disappointing in general. I mean, if our pass rush doesn't get to the QB within a few seconds, you can count on him getting burned. It is so nice to have a team with so few holes, but with the resigning of Bowman, is our CB situation at the point we would need to trade up in the draft, or stay pat and take who's available? I also think with Justin Smith's age increasing, DL will need addressing.
Meh, he's a nickel back now so I'm not worried about him. T-Brown and Culliver are playing good football, so we're in good shape there.
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for TinyHandsBigHeart.
He's a starter on a defense that is currently #2 against the pass. He can't be doing too bad.
[ Edited by TinyHandsBigHeart on Nov 29, 2012 at 6:41 PM ]
He has been beat badly a couple of games but I am not worried too much. Although we should consider looking at another cb after this season
He seems to fit the defense pretty good. While it would be nice to have a shutdown corner (Culliver maybe soon?) out there as the starter, Rogers has done a good enough job.
Someone misses Nate Clements
Originally posted by gold49digger:
He has been beat badly a couple of games but I am not worried too much. Although we should consider looking at another cb after this season

He's been beaten by small, speedy receivers. He was beaten by the same type of receivers last year. He's been playing pretty much the same as last season, he just hasn't had as many INT opportunities.
Originally posted by 49erRider:

He's been beaten by small, speedy receivers. He was beaten by the same type of receivers last year. He's been playing pretty much the same as last season, he just hasn't had as many INT opportunities.

He's too slow to play in the slot.
Originally posted by cwilson830:

He was too slow to play in the slot last year, too. That's my point. When he gets burned, it's by the same type of player that burned him last year. Nothing has changed, but since he isn't getting INTs, people assume his play has dropped. He's always been a good cover corner, but the lack of INTs is what made people think he wasn't good in Washington. Now people are thinking the same here, apparently.
All i know is T. Brown needs to be on Amendola this week.

I think he is doing OK in the role he has but he will be gone next year. Expect Trent to draft a CB fairly high
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

Brown does better on the faster WRs it seems. Rogers is still a really good CB. He is a solid signing still for 29M over 4 yrs. When Finnegan and Brandon Carr got 5yr 50M deals.
Originally posted by cwilson830:

He was too slow to play in the slot last year, too. That's my point. When he gets burned, it's by the same type of player that burned him last year. Nothing has changed, but since he isn't getting INTs, people assume his play has dropped. He's always been a good cover corner, but the lack of INTs is what made people think he wasn't good in Washington. Now people are thinking the same here, apparently.

This is exactly what I thought. He has played the same but he cant get those ints he had last year. I just hope we let cully and tbrown handle the quicker dudes.
I was blasted last year for saying he wasn't very good. He just was able to catch a few more balls for the Int. Without the Ints working for him, he looks like the same guy Wash had. We haven't had a great CB for a long time. If love to see us draft one early. Rogers has another year or so with us before his contract is ridiculous. We need some talent behind Brown and Culiver.
[ Edited by strickac on Nov 29, 2012 at 6:43 PM ]
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

Amendola is still in a walking boot. Not sure he will be a huge threat this week and he may not play at all
Share 49ersWebzone