There are 287 users in the forums

What has happened to Carlos Rogers?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
All i know is T. Brown needs to be on Amendola this week.

Brown does better on the faster WRs it seems. Rogers is still a really good CB. He is a solid signing still for 29M over 4 yrs. When Finnegan and Brandon Carr got 5yr 50M deals.

True but Rogers doesnt compare at this point in talent to either of those 2.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Amendola is still in a walking boot. Not sure he will be a huge threat this week and he may not play at all

Hopefully hes not playing, but thanks for the update. I hadnt checked their injury report this week.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Brown does better on the faster WRs it seems. Rogers is still a really good CB. He is a solid signing still for 29M over 4 yrs. When Finnegan and Brandon Carr got 5yr 50M deals.

True but Rogers doesnt compare at this point in talent to either of those 2.

Brown is Just much more fluid in the hips. Rogers just looks much more stiff this season to me.
Carlos Rogers has had poor outings against Victor Cruz and Danny Amendola, of note. I think he gave up ass against Percy Harvin in the loss to the Vikings, if I remember correctly.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
He has been beat badly a couple of games but I am not worried too much. Although we should consider looking at another cb after this season

He's been beaten by small, speedy receivers. He was beaten by the same type of receivers last year. He's been playing pretty much the same as last season, he just hasn't had as many INT opportunities.

He's too slow to play in the slot.

He was too slow to play in the slot last year, too. That's my point. When he gets burned, it's by the same type of player that burned him last year. Nothing has changed, but since he isn't getting INTs, people assume his play has dropped. He's always been a good cover corner, but the lack of INTs is what made people think he wasn't good in Washington. Now people are thinking the same here, apparently.

Washington fans hated him because he had hands like feet. I agree he sucked against quick wideouts last year too, he's just getting abused more this year.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
When your talking about a corner, no news is good news.
I think he is doing OK in the role he has but he will be gone next year. Expect Trent to draft a CB fairly high

he won't be gone next year, AB has pointed out a couple times that we wouldn't save any $ against the cap cutting him after this season but we will after next year. I think Culliver takes his starting spot next year and he's gone after next season
Originally posted by strickac:
I was blasted last year for saying he wasn't very good. He just was able to catch a few more balls for the Int. Without the Ints working for him, he looks like the same guy Wash had. We haven't had a great CB for a long time. If love to see us draft one early. Rogers has another year or so with us before his contract is ridiculous. We need some talent behind Brown and Culiver.

Blast this man!
Super quick/shifty slot guys seem to be a big problem for him (see NYG and STL games). Other than that he has been fairly solid. I definitely wouldn't be mad if we where able to find a better option to cover the slot next year though.
All I can say that if he is hurt, he better not tell anybody...

He is better and cheaper than Nate Clements.
Culliver is the future, and maybe Brown.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Dude got paid! now it's time to kickback & relax cause he's set for life
He's played pretty well. He's speedy and a good cover man. He doesn't have the interceptions this year. But you can't really say he's played bad.
he has regressed as i thought he would. we need to cut him next year and find a cover corner in the draft that is fast enough to cover dangerous slot receivers like cruz, welker, and amendola. if we do this our defense will talk a big step to perfectionism
Share 49ersWebzone