There are 246 users in the forums

Randy Moss

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by jrg:

I love this (and so does Davis and Crabtree)! Now the NFL has to respect Moss!

already surpassed Braylon Edwards of 2011
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by jrg:

I love this (and so does Davis and Crabtree)! Now the NFL has to respect Moss!

already surpassed Braylon Edwards of 2011

So has Braylon Edwards.
I would hope he would see the field more often...but maybe he's not into game shape yet?
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
I would hope he would see the field more often...but maybe he's not into game shape yet?

I like it, we have Manningham, Williams, and Jenkins too. But when he's on the field, other teams will have to roll a safety. Let's keep getting him TDs and he'll be all about it!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:

no , i think its the game plan to keep him fresh, limit his snaps, we have already seen that mario and crabs are solid so he does not have to be there every down. i think he is in fine shape for 35 and of course we also want him fresh at the end
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I like it, we have Manningham, Williams, and Jenkins too. But when he's on the field, other teams will have to roll a safety. Let's keep getting him TDs and he'll be all about it!

i am sorry, i should have read your post before i posted my blather,,, you are spot on
Originally posted by cciowa:
no , i think its the game plan to keep him fresh, limit his snaps, we have already seen that mario and crabs are solid so he does not have to be there every down. i think he is in fine shape for 35 and of course we also want him fresh at the end

Yep because think about if he gets injured. There goes that threat and we have no viable replacement. Honestly he is crucial part of this offense now and we need him every game.
Originally posted by cciowa:

i am sorry, i should have read your post before i posted my blather,,, you are spot on

I thought Randy was flexing his muscles after the TD catch. I now know he was pointing to his name on his jersey while facing he cheese heads in the stands. DOH!
I know the other receivers played great tonight but why so few snaps for Moss? I don't get it.

must be saving him for playoffs or something

there is absoutly no way harbaugh did not tell him this will happen
I don't think it's a conspiracy that we haven't gotten to Moss too often.

Our scheme has us use a variety of formations and packages, depending on what we're going for. Obviously, we go Jumbo package when we want to tire out the defense and run the ball. Kyle Williams and Mario Manningham are often the two guys we'll use for reverses, and fake reverses. Delanie Walker comes in when we want to show a balance between run and pass.

Randy Moss is meant to be a deep threat for our team-- to make defenses pay when they load 8 man into the box, and to get easy comeback routes when defenders give him too much respect.

So far, defenses have been giving Randy Moss respect. The deep pass isn't really there, but his presence is still being known. Alex Smith has been thriving with the short and intermediate passes, with a large part due to Randy Moss and Vernon Davis.

In short, he's DOING his job. He's being a decoy. When defenses start playing more aggressively against the short and intermediate throws, I think we'll see bigger plays from Randy Moss.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
They should just cut moss and let Jenkins play.
I started Moss in my fantasy this game lol. f**k! Damnit I was hoping we would at least try to hit him deep a few times a game.
Originally posted by Wubbie:
I don't think it's a conspiracy that we haven't gotten to Moss too often.

Our scheme has us use a variety of formations and packages, depending on what we're going for. Obviously, we go Jumbo package when we want to tire out the defense and run the ball. Kyle Williams and Mario Manningham are often the two guys we'll use for reverses, and fake reverses. Delanie Walker comes in when we want to show a balance between run and pass.

Randy Moss is meant to be a deep threat for our team-- to make defenses pay when they load 8 man into the box, and to get easy comeback routes when defenders give him too much respect.

So far, defenses have been giving Randy Moss respect. The deep pass isn't really there, but his presence is still being known. Alex Smith has been thriving with the short and intermediate passes, with a large part due to Randy Moss and Vernon Davis.

In short, he's DOING his job. He's being a decoy. When defenses start playing more aggressively against the short and intermediate throws, I think we'll see bigger plays from Randy Moss.
This
Share 49ersWebzone