LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 275 users in the forums

Randy Moss

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ajanke:
I started Moss in my fantasy this game lol. f**k! Damnit I was hoping we would at least try to hit him deep a few times a game.

So did i. I think he gave me like 1.40 points or something terrible. im cutting him tomorrow
Originally posted by THEB:
Originally posted by Ajanke:
I started Moss in my fantasy this game lol. f**k! Damnit I was hoping we would at least try to hit him deep a few times a game.

So did i. I think he gave me like 1.40 points or something terrible. im cutting him tomorrow

You know who else has been f**king me over in fantasy? f**king Tom Brady lol
Originally posted by Wubbie:
I don't think it's a conspiracy that we haven't gotten to Moss too often.

Our scheme has us use a variety of formations and packages, depending on what we're going for. Obviously, we go Jumbo package when we want to tire out the defense and run the ball. Kyle Williams and Mario Manningham are often the two guys we'll use for reverses, and fake reverses. Delanie Walker comes in when we want to show a balance between run and pass.

Randy Moss is meant to be a deep threat for our team-- to make defenses pay when they load 8 man into the box, and to get easy comeback routes when defenders give him too much respect.

So far, defenses have been giving Randy Moss respect. The deep pass isn't really there, but his presence is still being known. Alex Smith has been thriving with the short and intermediate passes, with a large part due to Randy Moss and Vernon Davis.

In short, he's DOING his job. He's being a decoy. When defenses start playing more aggressively against the short and intermediate throws, I think we'll see bigger plays from Randy Moss.

I agree. I dont buy into the saving him for the playoffs or when we really need him BS. I think it depends on the offensive package we are in at the time. Manningham looked like he started tonight and had a good game. Crabtree was having a good game. Still I would have liked to see more of Randy during the game.We didnt bring him in here to be just a decoy. I think he needs to be targeted more. Hopefully against the Vikings, he gets it going.
I hope you're right. I'm afraid Moss lost his speed already...
Originally posted by barako:

detroit hasn't. he was getting 20 yard cushions.
Don't know if this has been posted in here but I saw it earlier this week and believe it holds some validity. I know Peter King is an East Coast homer and often hates on us but every once in a while he surprises me with some actual insight. This is what he had wrote earlier this week:

"I know having a new toy is fun, but the Niners need to keep Randy Moss under wraps. Twenty snaps a week is fine, because you want the guy ready to play in January. I say that this week because I can see him scoring again, and getting the crowd fired up, and getting the offensive staff excited with what he adds to the offense, but remember the plan -- keep Moss alive for five months, not five games."

Honestly, as the season progresses or when the playoffs begin I think we will be firing on all cylinders and our coaching staff may unveil all our weapons. This coaching staff is probably the best in football, I completely trust their gameplan.
Originally posted by Wubbie:
I don't think it's a conspiracy that we haven't gotten to Moss too often.

Our scheme has us use a variety of formations and packages, depending on what we're going for. Obviously, we go Jumbo package when we want to tire out the defense and run the ball. Kyle Williams and Mario Manningham are often the two guys we'll use for reverses, and fake reverses. Delanie Walker comes in when we want to show a balance between run and pass.

Randy Moss is meant to be a deep threat for our team-- to make defenses pay when they load 8 man into the box, and to get easy comeback routes when defenders give him too much respect.

So far, defenses have been giving Randy Moss respect. The deep pass isn't really there, but his presence is still being known. Alex Smith has been thriving with the short and intermediate passes, with a large part due to Randy Moss and Vernon Davis.

In short, he's DOING his job. He's being a decoy. When defenses start playing more aggressively against the short and intermediate throws, I think we'll see bigger plays from Randy Moss.

Looks more like Delanie Walker is the guy we bring in when we want a sure fire dropped pass.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
yea, walker has been looking like s**t thus far this season.
Bump this thread...

Moss has one catch and a RZ target. So far so good, but let's see if he starts losing interest. Still like this move as opposing DBs still respect him.
When he has been on the field Moss has taken a lot of focus from the DBs. Since Smith is hitting Davis and Crabtree consistently in these situations future teams are bound to change their focus on VD/Crabs, which will open things up for Moss. It's cyclical.

Originally posted by diablo:
Originally posted by barako:

detroit hasn't. he was getting 20 yard cushions.
Correct, you give a 20 yard cushion and will just take the short stuff to moss all day. We played calvin deep, with 2 safties back, and they tried to take the short stuff with him, but willis and bowman in the middle doesn't make that easy. Moss is a decoy on the field, opens up every other player, and if they forget about him we hit him. Either way, randy will do whatever the coach's want, very motivated for a ring, got little time left in the nfl to get one.
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Sep 17, 2012 at 1:44 PM ]
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
yea, walker has been looking like s**t thus far this season.

in pass catching
  • kray28
  • Veteran
I'm willing to be patient with Moss, but only getting two passes thrown at him is really testing things. Good things happened on both attempts too. If we totally ignore him, teams will start cheating off him.
This is game fellas!

• Back to the Metrodome
  • Vikings game planning for Davis, Crabtree, and Manningham
  • Vikings secondary is bad
  • Deep down, Harbaugh knows it's important to give Moss a big game every once and awhile to keep him sharp and focused

Randy Moss: 6 catches 91 yards 2 TDs
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
This is game fellas!

• Back to the Metrodome
  • Vikings game planning for Davis, Crabtree, and Manningham
  • Vikings secondary is bad
  • Deep down, Harbaugh knows it's important to give Moss a big game every once and awhile to keep him sharp and focused

Randy Moss: 6 catches 91 yards 2 TDs
dont think thats a problem they had to tell him what his role would be here

aslo randy moss is used a lot in RZ on that PI play that was actually a great throw by alex and moss wouldve had that TD if the CB didnt grab his arm and keep it down

after seeing moss these 2 games i am condifident he wont have 100 yard recieving games too often if at all however i am also confident he could easily have 10 TDs of the year
Share 49ersWebzone