There are 242 users in the forums

Would you rather have:

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Would you rather have:

I really don't understand the hate from some fans. You talk like he played like Nate. You remember Nate? Rogers covers both the slots and others evenly well and plays it without help. Yes, the line plays well, but obviously you have not been watching or listening to the games. Cause many times with good backfield play, The players rushing the QB got extra time to make a lot of the plays. There were time when the opponents had 5+ seconds in the pocket. Sometime they finsihed the play and sometimes they didn't. They make each other good.

Another thing-at least with Rodgers, you know what you are getting and know he will be worth the money. Getting Wallace is an unknown as you don't know if he will pay off and mesh with Alex, hopefully they can get on the same page, otherwise it will be money badly spent. Also, Wallace won't always be relevent, where as Rodgers will be relvent every defensive play.

With that said sign Rodgers, good corners are hard to find, so what if he is 31, some players can play well. I think he has barring injuries 4 good years left. Then draft Fleener then sign Wallace after the draft if can as pitt will then get next years #1 instead. Then the offense will be loaded and Alex will have no excuses. Defense back in tack. We win superbowl. Cut Harrelson and spencer use that money to help sign Rodgers. If possible, sign grant to man both OLB and ILB as well as special teams.
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
Pass rush is always gonna make the CB's look good. Cullivers got a year under his belt, we have other options at CB not alot but they are band aids.. i would take a Talent like Mike Wallace over a 31 year old carlos rodgers anyday in plain terms.

Not to mention Brown has technically got a FULL year under his belt. In terms of starting though. So that should help. I criticized him at the beginning of last season but he definitely grew on me. Coaches knew what they were doing putting Brown as the starter and demoting Spencer.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by valrod33:
He is good but he isnt asomugha/revis/woodson good.

No need to overpay him

I'm pretty sure he won't be OVER-PAID like some thought Brooks was, we got a genius behind the calculator.

Shows how much you know.

Paraag needs no calculator.

Touche!!!!

With that said, I want Rogers back!!!!

I've never seen a CB with our 9ers in the last 10 years that could diagnose a play the way Rogers can. Sure hes not a shutdown CB like a Revis or Bailey, but hes top 10 IMO.
[ Edited by Kolohe on Mar 2, 2012 at 3:59 PM ]
Rogers.

Brown, Culliver, and especially Tremain Brock would be a below average cornerback unit.
Rodgers is a stud. But I'd take Wallace.

I have a feeling Culliver is gonna go nuts next year.

Culliver/Brown as #1 and #2 I'm fine with. Bring in a FA corner. Future Pro-Bowl CB right here

[ Edited by thechamber52 on Mar 2, 2012 at 5:27 PM ]
Rogers is a baller.......He rarely was beat last year and he brings a swag an experience we need.
Originally posted by MarkD:
Why do people always over look the basics. Yeh Wallace is fast but he is not a west coast offense type of receiver. Receivers that do well in the west coast offense are quick, they run good routes. They are typically known as short strider type receivers. Example: Ginn is a long strider and he cannot run good routes because with his longer legs and frame it is hard for him to slow down and come out of his breaks quicker. Guys like that also run more up right and do have a good lean. Wallace would be a bad choice in our offense because he is a similar to Ginn. JMHO

I'm not sure we need a true west coast receiver...and Crabtree already fits that description...with how we run the ball what we need is guys that stretch the field to get safeties out of the box.
Originally posted by bigwads:
I'm not sure we need a true west coast receiver...and Crabtree already fits that description...with how we run the ball what we need is guys that stretch the field to get safeties out of the box.

this
I think Rogers for 8 mil or so for three years would be fine, but no more than that. We all know that Balke won't get into a bidding war either.
either scenario would be A-ok with me

Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Wallace.

Rogers can go f**k himself he wants a lot of money. fool is gonna be 31 years next year

and he really is only great b/c he is on our defense. he is just a good CB on an average team

ya'll cray. dude is good. Best CB by far on this team.

right but the reason we didnt reach the superbowl is because of our lack of WR's.
right but the reason we didnt reach the superbowl is because of our lack of WR's.

I thought we didn't reach the superbowl because the return man sucxxx in the NFCC.
Originally posted by jeepzilla:
Wallace.

Rogers can go f**k himself he wants a lot of money. fool is gonna be 31 years next year

and he really is only great b/c he is on our defense. he is just a good CB on an average team

I thought we didn't reach the superbowl because the return man sucxxx in the NFCC.
Wallace.

He is good but he isnt asomugha/revis/woodson good.

No need to overpay him

I would give him a 3 year contract full of reachable incentives. Nothing near Brooks's contract though
Originally posted by jeepzilla:
Wallace.

yeah and he wouldnt be out there returning kicks if we had Ginn healthy
Originally posted by BigBug415:
Rogers.

Brown, Culliver, and especially Tremain Brock would be a below average cornerback unit.

your not adding in the 2nd round CB we get, who would make a big impact.
Share 49ersWebzone