LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

Would you rather have:

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Would you rather have:

This is asuming Rogers cant reach a deal with SF. keep in mind we could also pick up CB Aaron Ross from the Giants for about 4mill.
WR Wallace Ginn Wiliams
WR Crabs Morgan Rookie

CB Brown Rookie Brock
CB Ross Culliver
Wallace.

Rogers can go f**k himself he wants a lot of money. fool is gonna be 31 years next year
Originally posted by valrod33:
Wallace.

Rogers can go f**k himself he wants a lot of money. fool is gonna be 31 years next year

and he really is only great b/c he is on our defense. he is just a good CB on an average team
Pass rush is always gonna make the CB's look good. Cullivers got a year under his belt, we have other options at CB not alot but they are band aids.. i would take a Talent like Mike Wallace over a 31 year old carlos rodgers anyday in plain terms.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Wallace.

and he really is only great b/c he is on our defense. he is just a good CB on an average team

ya'll cray. dude is good. Best CB by far on this team.

• MarkD
  • Veteran
Why do people always over look the basics. Yeh Wallace is fast but he is not a west coast offense type of receiver. Receivers that do well in the west coast offense are quick, they run good routes. They are typically known as short strider type receivers. Example: Ginn is a long strider and he cannot run good routes because with his longer legs and frame it is hard for him to slow down and come out of his breaks quicker. Guys like that also run more up right and do have a good lean. Wallace would be a bad choice in our offense because he is a similar to Ginn. JMHO
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Wallace.

He is good but he isnt asomugha/revis/woodson good.

No need to overpay him
Wallace hands down, the front seven will make an average corner good and a good corner an all pro.
Get Wallace and sign Tracy Porter

Originally posted by MarkD:
Why do people always over look the basics. Yeh Wallace is fast but he is not a west coast offense type of receiver. Receivers that do well in the west coast offense are quick, they run good routes. They are typically known as short strider type receivers. Example: Ginn is a long strider and he cannot run good routes because with his longer legs and frame it is hard for him to slow down and come out of his breaks quicker. Guys like that also run more up right and do have a good lean. Wallace would be a bad choice in our offense because he is a similar to Ginn. JMHO

Fans have forgotton that we are a WCO. Speed is nice but it is not important in the WCO. Sure handed, runs good routes, elusive, YAC, not afraid to go over the middle are a must for the WCO. Power running, short passes with YAC, ball control are the bread and butter of the WCO. The best receiver in football history Jerry Rice was not at all fast but he had all the other qualities needed in a WCO. We need to draft players that fit the WCO and speed doesnt equate. Draft a player or get a FA that can fix the two glaring problems we had last year - third down and red zone. Also remember we have Alex Smith as our QB (I think we do anyhow) get him the tools that fits his strengths. Drafting Fleener would give us an immediate starter as he knows the system. He is big, has some speed, good hands, guess his major problem is he doesnt block very well. Blocking is a skill that can be taught the only question I have does Fleener want to block.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Wallace.

right but the reason we didnt reach the superbowl is because of our lack of WR's.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
right but the reason we didnt reach the superbowl is because of our lack of WR's.

Rogers market value was also driven up this morning with the announcement that Brent Grimes will get the franchise tag. He'll definitely listen to outside offers even if "his heart is with SF".

Rather pay for a great FA receiver(not necessarily Wallace but VJAX or Colston or Stevie) then over pay to retain Rogers.
[ Edited by sfout on Mar 2, 2012 at 9:05 AM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
He is good but he isnt asomugha/revis/woodson good.

No need to overpay him

asomugha looked like s**t last year. Glad we didn't over pay his ass. Rogers had a much better year.
I hope Rogers signed with us. His veteran experience helps a lot last year, but he's not irreplaceable. I think it will be OK with T. Brown and Culliver. I know some people don't like Brown but he actually did pretty good, especially the second half of the season. Culliver I like too. I think he will be a very good one.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Mar 2, 2012 at 9:09 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone