LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 393 users in the forums

Would you rather have:

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Would you rather have:

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I hope Rogers signed with us. His veteran experience helps a lot last year, but he's not irreplaceable. I think it will be OK with T. Brown and Culliver. I know some people don't like Brown but he actually did pretty good, especially the second half of the season. Culliver I like too. I think he will be a very good one.

Brown did great this year, really impressive. And Culliver, I was a fan of this pick back in april 2011. He really showed a lot of promise.
I'm sure lots of teams are thinking Rogers had one great year in part because of the defense around him. Baalke will offer him a fair contract so if he thinks he can go to another team and have a pro bowl year AND a chance at a superbowl AND make more money.......
Wallace is being over-hyped even by the beat writers because of the time of year and not because it makes a lot of sense to get him.
Yes, he's probably better than a 30th draft pick but at what salary in Alex Smith's world or wheel house?
  • Garce
  • Veteran
mike wallace 4tw
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by swag49:
Rogers lost a lot of $ with that performance against Victor Cruz...just my opinion

You must have missed the 2nd half of the game when Rogers made adjustments and shut him down

Or the past season where we could finally count on a CB taking out a primary offensive weapon consistently. Lets be honest, there is no way this defense is top 5, or even top 10 with guys like Bly & Clements. The emergence of Aldon and finally blitzing helped, but Rogers allowed our #3CB(prior to spencers injury) and a rookie to receive safety help.

There were so many post & flag routes that Rogers completely shut down 1 on 1 with no safety help... allot of those would of been TD's in the past, meaning that half our Wins by 7 or less could have been losses if the offense doesnt respond after the score. Not that either viewpoint is wrong cause who knows Wallace maybe the winning score needed after giving up a TD. Guess its just whether people are defensive or offensive minded.
[ Edited by 5280High on Mar 2, 2012 at 11:22 AM ]
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Wallace.

Rogers can go f**k himself he wants a lot of money. fool is gonna be 31 years next year

and he really is only great b/c he is on our defense. he is just a good CB on an average team

ya'll cray. dude is good. Best CB by far on this team.

right but the reason we didnt reach the superbowl is because of our lack of WR's.

Right, so lets weaken a position of strength so we can strengthen a position of weakness. Now we can lose for a DIFFERNT reason.

We need a proven CB AND a WR, not either or.

Having said that....'los is probably gone. I don't think the Niners will give him what he wants.
Originally posted by swag49:
Rogers lost a lot of $ with that performance against Victor Cruz...just my opinion

Why don't we just sign Victor Cruz then
I highly doubt Morgan signs here if they get Wallace, that said, I would still take Wallace and draft another WR in the 3rd or 4th round.
it wouldn't matter if we had megatron on the team. without a QB who can't throw the ball consistently accurately. what's the point...?
I think there are a lot of guys can are "like" wallace in the draft. I'm not saying that are going to be him, but there are a lot of speed guys.

How much money are you going to pay for this guy 10 Million a year? He's going to be getting big offers.

I'm hoping we can still resign Rogers and pick up a Stephen Hill, Streeter guy in the draft. It will be a lot cheaper that way.
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
it wouldn't matter if we had megatron on the team. without a QB who can't throw the ball consistently accurately. what's the point...?

Yes, because when the chips are down, getting the ball to VD in the playoff, 2TDs in each game, just don't count for much.

Yes, because when the chips are down, getting the ball to VD in the playoff, 2TDs in each game, just don't count for much.

i give him credit for that... but i just dont' see AS getting us that lead where our defense is not always the one keeping us in the games
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame

i give him credit for that... but i just dont' see AS getting us that lead where our defense is not always the one keeping us in the games
LOL WUT! Didn't you see him tear apart the Bucz last season?
Wallace = over rated. It must be nice to have a QB that has more success outside the play call then he does within the play design and guys like Wallace can run free. In our offence, it will be difference.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Wallace = over rated. It must be nice to have a QB that has more success outside the play call then he does within the play design and guys like Wallace can run free. In our offence, it will be difference.

It would be nice to see his stats when Big Ben throws the ball within 3 seconds of the snap/in the pocket, and then Wallaces stats after 3 seconds/outside the pocket.
Originally posted by Youngb:
Rogers...

I don't even want Wallace. Not a fan of giving up 1st round picks and paying large contracts. So many other quality receivers out there that we can sign to fill the void without losing a 1st round draft pick and paying an absurd amount of money.

Spencer can have a good year at CB in our defense. We need a great WR so bad
Share 49ersWebzone