There are 205 users in the forums

The Harbaugh Effect Has 49ers Relevant Again

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Yes JH is pounding them into submission.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
'They don't wanna play no more.' -- Gore

sounds like the line by Goodie Mob directed at C-Lo "they don't wanna dance no more"
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i think harbaugh toughened up our team with those 3 hour practices in the short offseason. our team has more stamina and toughness because of them and his staffs attention to detail is very evident. the niners play smart now, they hit hard and finish every play instead of breaking off routes and doing whatever they want, they get in peoples heads and they go for the kill. niners are back baby!!!

This...plus the fact that Harbaugh's "heavy" package is something unique that teams have not seen before. When you get all those big bodies coming at you in a little different way, it is hard to stand up to it.

I am expecting Jim Schwantz, who is a very good defensive coach, will likely have an answer for that formation. Let's see if Harbaugh has some new wrinkles for him.

Against the "better" teams, Harbaugh has come out with something different each time. Our game plan seemed SOOOO simple and we just played off of that 3 TE package. It was new and it worked.

It's like the offense only needed to learn a tiny install and perfect it which made it even easier.
I considered it running up the score, when alex threw that awesome semi fade pass. After that, it was getting backups some work so its not quite running up the score at that point, its like a preseason game then lol.

Good game though, too bad i missed part of it.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
I agree with this. Pump your team up, but don't give every other team extra incentive to hate you. Confidence is cool, but arrogance? Not so much.

I agree...Niners used to represent class. That means you beat a team on the field as a player and as a person. This is why many teams we played were beat before they even stepped onto the field and the a big reason FA's wanted to play for us. Guys such as Gore and Davis need to learn how to be winners...Harbaugh will teach them.
Not a smart move by VD & Gore. The less said the better.

Can you imagine Detroits locker room and their coaches saying to them, "See, the Niners said teams quit on them because they're so tough. Are you guys gonna quit too?"

All that nonsense is is ammo to fire the enemy up. Keep quiet and kick their butts.
All of a sudden the 49ers are world beaters.
They need to drop the other team giving up stuff. They will have hell to pay the next time they meet. Unless it is the same old s**tty Rams.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Against the "better" teams, Harbaugh has come out with something different each time. Our game plan seemed SOOOO simple and we just played off of that 3 TE package. It was new and it worked.

It's like the offense only needed to learn a tiny install and perfect it which made it even easier.

On 49ers postgame live yesterday on CSNBayarea, they had Vic Fangio and said thats all they do on defense from week to week is make little tweaks here and there so the offense could be similar to that as well.

You figure if the BIG package is working as well as it was you dont need to show anything else really that you may have tucked away for the game.
Absolutely. I always cringe when coaches like Nolan & Sing would keep games close, and then lose it at the end.

Man, I hate that. Run it up as much as we can and then give playing time to guys we want to develop. By the way, Kap looked descent for his first game.

• dj43
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i think harbaugh toughened up our team with those 3 hour practices in the short offseason. our team has more stamina and toughness because of them and his staffs attention to detail is very evident. the niners play smart now, they hit hard and finish every play instead of breaking off routes and doing whatever they want, they get in peoples heads and they go for the kill. niners are back baby!!!

This...plus the fact that Harbaugh's "heavy" package is something unique that teams have not seen before. When you get all those big bodies coming at you in a little different way, it is hard to stand up to it.

I am expecting Jim Schwantz, who is a very good defensive coach, will likely have an answer for that formation. Let's see if Harbaugh has some new wrinkles for him.

That was a Walsh characteristic. Make it look the same every time but throw in a wrinkle. That was what happened on the VD touchdown pass. Davis lined up in the same package and then snuck through the muddle and the defense completely lost him.

I believe we are seeing two things happen at the same time with the offense. One, they are learning more of it after not having OTAs, etc. Two, Harbaugh has been saving stuff so opponents will have to adjust to something new each game.
Originally posted by GSeef49er:

On 49ers postgame live yesterday on CSNBayarea, they had Vic Fangio and said thats all they do on defense from week to week is make little tweaks here and there so the offense could be similar to that as well.

You figure if the BIG package is working as well as it was you dont need to show anything else really that you may have tucked away for the game.

Knowing Harbaugh's propensity for details, he probably had already installed these plays in practice much earlier in the month, but was waiting for our guys to run it to perfection before putting it in the game plan and calling it during game time. Remember they asked him about the lack of running game. He said we were not there just yet but very close. I think that's what he's been doing. Waiting for his guys to run it with perfection before hitting the field. Why would you want to do it any other way. Tampa took the result of Harbaugh's patience.

So much better than the 1 and done ways of Nolan and Sing.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Oct 10, 2011 at 9:50 AM ]
I know one thing, we need to stop saying people quit. We need to just stay silent in the media.
We all saw the bucs lose their composure, fall apart and quit during the game. VD is just stating the obvious. No controversy here...move along
If we beat Detroit, I'm predicting Willis will say it next.
Share 49ersWebzone