LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 378 users in the forums

The Harbaugh Effect Has 49ers Relevant Again

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
I know one thing, we need to stop saying people quit. We need to just stay silent in the media.

We've been so bad for the last 7-10 years, the players have talent and confidence. I don't mind them talking a little as long as they can back it up. It's been sh*tty for the players too the last few years. And like Gore and Davis, they know they have the talent. Now they have competent coaching and game plan to make they better.

Talk the talk and walk the walk!
Originally posted by socalniner:
We all saw the bucs lose their composure, fall apart and quit during the game. VD is just stating the obvious. No controversy here...move along

exactly, what was he suppose to say? "This was a good game."
Maybe not, but we shouldn't be saying anything other than "The bucs were a great team. We practised very hard for this game and this time we were lucky that things just went our way."
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
I know one thing, we need to stop saying people quit. We need to just stay silent in the media.

It don't matter what the 49ers say after a game. I for one am glad to hear these types of words coming from someone wearing a 49er jersey. It's been a long time since the 49ers had a swagger. The opponents still have to get on the field and beat us.
And don't expect Harbaugh to tone down his players.Harbaugh is enjoying the confidence he sees coming from this team.
"OH NO LETS NOT GET THE OTHER TEAM ANGRY"
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
If we beat Detroit, I'm predicting Willis will say it next.

Gore and VD say it after the game, but Willis says it before the game, as a command, and opponents are powerless to disobey.
Originally posted by 1stAndGoal49ers:
"OH NO LETS NOT GET THE OTHER TEAM ANGRY"

lol i know right, on that note....F**CK THE LIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HOPE THE NINERS MAKE THEM p***yCATS QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
If we beat Detroit, I'm predicting Willis will say it next.

Gore and VD say it after the game, but Willis says it before the game, as a command, and opponents are powerless to disobey.

didnt wanna start my own thread for this, but i just wanna say today is thanksgiving in canada, and i would like to say thanks to coach harbaugh for choosing to come to sf when he had other options. he has made a world of difference
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
I think it's a good thing. It's just another way to get into other peoples heads. If your game can back it up, you can get into others heads. It's a game they all play amongst themselves...you win, you get to talk s**t, you lose, you get to hear s**t. Players talk this kind of s**t all game long every Sunday on the field. When players hear it from another player, I don't think it means much to them...just another day at the office...they hear it all the time from players, and they talk it themselves...it's all part of the game. This is especially true in the age of social media.

Now, when you hear a coach talk s**t...that is different. That will stoke the flames, and should be avoided at all costs. Live and learn coach Morris, your loudmouth prolly really really pissed of the niners, and they had it out for you much more so than if you would have kept your big mouth shut.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Not a smart thing to say by VD or Gore. These boys aren't accustomed to winning so they dont know how to act graceful in victory. Hopefully JH calls them into his office and tells them how to win gracefully.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
They need to quit saying that stuff. They are giving poster board material to teams they may face again. Just win and be humble. If you think or say something like that keep it inside.

I agree with this. Pump your team up, but don't give every other team extra incentive to hate you. Confidence is cool, but arrogance? Not so much.
Totally agree.....

I believe Tampa's Coach sent the wrong message when he spoke about his team as the "West Coast Killers"........ it was very arrogant on his part to assume the Niners would be push overs because of last years success.

On the other hand I believe Niners should let their play on the field do all the talking........ The "W" says enough all by itself.......
Originally posted by susweel:
Not a smart thing to say by VD or Gore. These boys aren't accustomed to winning so they dont know how to act graceful in victory. Hopefully JH calls them into his office and tells them how to win gracefully.

Doesn't matter we don't get publicity
The niners are being very phyiscal and thats excellent considering this is a passing league. We have been S**T on for so many years a little boasting is okay but you got to back up your boast and so far the last two teams have given up in the second half. Better conditioning and true physical (with a P) football.
I wouldn't be surprised if coaches around the league like Belechick are taking notice at the play designs.
Share 49ersWebzone