There are 249 users in the forums

The Harbaugh Effect Has 49ers Relevant Again

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Antix:
We punish. It's so awesome. We are doing exactly what Singletary WANTED to do but didn't know how.

We punish teams, impose our will and grind them. It's awesome to see how mentally demoralized they were. It got to the point where they didn't even care if they got penalties. They gave up completely after we scored our first TD in the 3rd.

For the second week in row now "We go out and hit 'em in the mouth!" At least Singletary provided a good quote for his successor's team.
Eff everybody else. they were all laughing at us a year ago. Harbaugh should have gone for 2.
What's your Deal!!!!!
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Thank God this time he took the first down and not the points on that field goal.

we were rolling. no lead is safe either.

If on every possession, you had a choice between taking three points automatically, or a first down in the redzone, you take the first down in the redzone 95% of the time. You would score more points that way because you would have some touchdowns and you would get your three points anyway about 70% of the time if you did not get a touchdown. Only in select special cases should you take the auto points.

If we had done this in Dallas we would have won the game.
i think harbaugh toughened up our team with those 3 hour practices in the short offseason. our team has more stamina and toughness because of them and his staffs attention to detail is very evident. the niners play smart now, they hit hard and finish every play instead of breaking off routes and doing whatever they want, they get in peoples heads and they go for the kill. niners are back baby!!!
What i want to know is why is VD trying to encourage the enemy to play harder? If they wanna play like b***hes let then play like b***hes.
They need to quit saying that stuff. They are giving poster board material to teams they may face again. Just win and be humble. If you think or say something like that keep it inside.
Harbaugh is a step ahead of the opposition with his play calling. Whenever the team runs wide it seems as if the opposing defense does not have enough bodies on the edge.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
They need to quit saying that stuff. They are giving poster board material to teams they may face again. Just win and be humble. If you think or say something like that keep it inside.

Not a bad idea..

I agree with this. Pump your team up, but don't give every other team extra incentive to hate you. Confidence is cool, but arrogance? Not so much.
[ Edited by oldman9er on Oct 10, 2011 at 3:51 AM ]

If on every possession, you had a choice between taking three points automatically, or a first down in the redzone, you take the first down in the redzone 95% of the time. You would score more points that way because you would have some touchdowns and you would get your three points anyway about 70% of the time if you did not get a touchdown. Only in select special cases should you take the auto points.

I understand why Harbaugh took the points in Dallas. He trusted the defense more than he trusted the offense, and conisdering it was only the 2nd game of the season after a limited training camp and the offense hadn't exactly been prolific to that point, even though it didn't work out, the logic of the gamble he took made some sense. I think it's safe to say he has grown to trust the offense, so I don't think he would make the same choice going forward.
Originally posted by gravelburn:

I understand why Harbaugh took the points in Dallas. He trusted the defense more than he trusted the offense, and conisdering it was only the 2nd game of the season after a limited training camp and the offense hadn't exactly been prolific to that point, even though it didn't work out, the logic of the gamble he took made some sense. I think it's safe to say he has grown to trust the offense, so I don't think he would make the same choice going forward.

He made a mistake. It was one of several over the first quarter of the season. You have to expect mistakes from a rookie head coach. However, it seems he's easing into the role and getting more comfortable and confident in his offense and the mistakes haven't shown up in the past couple games. He's clearly allowing the offense to be more aggressive over the last 6 quarters of football and it's paying off big-time.
Originally posted by oldman9er:

I agree with this. Pump your team up, but don't give every other team extra incentive to hate you. Confidence is cool, but arrogance? Not so much.
Yeah pretty much. Im sure when we were getting blown away some of our players would give up on a play, we dont hear other players coming out and saying this. As Willis said 'lets just enjoy the win, have humble hearts . . . . '. thats why hes a leader. Everything that needed to be said was put on the field. Our players shouldnt have to talk it up, thats what we fans are there for.
Originally posted by brizznasty:
What i want to know is why is VD trying to encourage the enemy to play harder? If they wanna play like b***hes let then play like b***hes.

It's in game smack talk. Calling them out and gettin in thier heads causing them to break down even more.
He's making opposing teams' souls weep
Share 49ersWebzone