LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

The Harbaugh Effect Has 49ers Relevant Again

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It is nice to know that going into a game, we need to worry more about players making mistakes than we do about players needing to "make plays". Harbaugh has put the confidence in everyone that he will do his part and deliver. The rest is on the players to just not f**k it up.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by susweel:
Not a smart thing to say by VD or Gore. These boys aren't accustomed to winning so they dont know how to act graceful in victory. Hopefully JH calls them into his office and tells them how to win gracefully.

Doesn't matter we don't get publicity

That was a funny line.
Originally posted by dj43:
That was a Walsh characteristic. Make it look the same every time but throw in a wrinkle. That was what happened on the VD touchdown pass. Davis lined up in the same package and then snuck through the muddle and the defense completely lost him.

I believe we are seeing two things happen at the same time with the offense. One, they are learning more of it after not having OTAs, etc. Two, Harbaugh has been saving stuff so opponents will have to adjust to something new each game.

What a refreshing change for the 49ers. An offense with an overall philosophy AND a strategy and plan for execution.
need to stop saying s**t like this and getting a target on our backs
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Man, whatever.

I think the fact that we destroy a team 48-3 and get no respect for it will motivate our team more than a couple quotes by our players will motivate others. You think we're mad as fans about no respect? How the hell do you think the players feel about it?

A couple quotes from VD and Gore regarding games that have already happened isn't gonna hurt us. I agree, i'd rather them not say anything, but c'mon. Right now we are still under the radar and still nobody respects us.
Originally posted by Joecool:
I wouldn't be surprised if coaches around the league like Belechick are taking notice at the play designs.

i wouldn't be surprised if JH already grabbed some of BB plays and made them better
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Absolutely. I always cringe when coaches like Nolan & Sing would keep games close, and then lose it at the end.

Man, I hate that. Run it up as much as we can and then give playing time to guys we want to develop. By the way, Kap looked descent for his first game.

Yeah...he did
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Loved it I love coaches that keep scoring.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
I wouldn't be surprised if coaches around the league like Belechick are taking notice at the play designs.

i wouldn't be surprised if JH already grabbed some of BB plays and made them better

So far he has been great at shutting down an opponents strengths. Walsh would do this. Teams get VERY uncomfortable when their go to plays get shut down.

Originally posted by overthemiddle:
I have only seen one genius headcoach and we all no who he is - Bill Walsh.

Hmm, why can't there be 2?

I really love what Harbaugh is doing here. They don't have an "identity" if they did they would be easy to gameplan around. Plus not having one gives them so much more of a "WTF are they doing to us" mentality from opposing teams on both sides of the ball. If that's not genius it's definitely something close to it.
Gore and Hunter will go for over 100 yards a piece against the lions and Alex will have another 2-3 touchdowns against the Lions.The Lions fall behind quick and like to come out passing. I think we match up well against them and will put a lot of pressure on Stafford. The stadium will be loud in Detroit but I think this team will be okay because Seattle is a tough place to play as well.
Nolan says there are no genius' in football. Rocket scientists Genius'.

ICE got hurt and next man up Snyder or whomever was at FB the next week. The plan is simple enough for the players to apply it quickly but effective enough to throw a complete curve ball to the opposition into to getting them out of their comfort in what they like to do if they want to adjust against us.
[ Edited by Joecool on Oct 11, 2011 at 10:23 AM ]
Nolan says there are no genius' in football. Rocket scientists Genius'.

ICE got hurt and next man up Snyder or whomever was at FB the next week. The plan is simple enough for the players to apply it quickly but effective enough to throw a complete curve ball to the opposition into to getting them out of their comfort in what they like to do if they want to adjust against us.

I've been wanting this from our team for so long and believed that once we can plug and play people like this, we would be a good team. This is what Harbaugh and company are doing with this team. Anyone of our players can step in without missing a beat. Love this and can't wait to see how good this team can really be once everything is in place and everyone is on the same page.
[ Edited by gamechanger on Oct 11, 2011 at 10:51 AM ]
I still think Harbaugh has owned every coach we have played so far. When our offense needs a drive, the opposition has yet to stop it. The only reasons a team has had success on us has been 2 reasons:

1. Defense has a huge brain fart and misses a huge tackle
2. Harbaugh being conservative
Share 49ersWebzone