LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 151 users in the forums

The Harbaugh Effect Has 49ers Relevant Again

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I bet had the 9ers D not been soo good yesterday that 4th and 2 play would never have happened. They would have attempted the FG. At that point in the game running time off the clock was way more important then putting points on the board.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
He's making opposing teams' souls weep

Two more weeks and this will be the unstoppable play on Madden.
'They don't wanna play no more.' -- Gore
Raheem and his team got reamed.

The Niners are The West Coast Killers. We will take the West.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Oct 10, 2011 at 7:33 AM ]
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by 49ERwhiner:
Damn I enjoyed running up that score .......... throttle down was great. The most relaxed ending to any of our games in quite some time.

Oh dude I know what you mean. Those are the 49ers that I grew up with and warm my heart. Pound their skulls in by halftime, and just enjoy the view the rest of the afternoon.

I know that's harder than hell to do in the modern NFL, and people have gotten so used to tight contests that they would probably complain about it. If Jim Harbaugh is bringing that old winners mentality back though, we're in for some good years ahead of us.

It really reminded me of the super bowl against denver where we totally dominated on both sides of the ball , something like 55-10 , very relaxing game.
My felling is that I don't consider it running up the score. Harbaugh did exactly what Belichek or any other coach would have done. If you don't like my team scoring on you then stop them. Raheem is the one that made the statement that they were west coast killers, well then prove it or shut up.
It has been pretty rare for the 49ers to score a lot of points. Sudden;y they are a team that makes other defenses just give up? Let's not get carried away.
I don't think they were running up the score. Just playing hard for 60 minutes against a team that was sucking.
Originally posted by rudedog:
My felling is that I don't consider it running up the score. Harbaugh did exactly what Belichek or any other coach would have done. If you don't like my team scoring on you then stop them. Raheem is the one that made the statement that they were west coast killers, well then prove it or shut up.

The talking heads would tell you it's the same thing. They'll go on about tradition and brotherhood amongst head coaches and all that kumbaya crap.

Screw em. Jim is gonna do this his way, that's a beautiful thing.
Originally posted by djfullshred:
I don't think they were running up the score. Just playing hard for 60 minutes against a team that was sucking.

Exactly..despite Morgan getting Hurt, I dont ever wanna see the team go soft in the 4th quarter, even if we are winning by two or three scores

Originally posted by rudedog:

I did not come up with this but I did read somewhere that we transformed the "west coast killers" into west coast road kill...and it is very appropriate in this case...
  • dj43
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i think harbaugh toughened up our team with those 3 hour practices in the short offseason. our team has more stamina and toughness because of them and his staffs attention to detail is very evident. the niners play smart now, they hit hard and finish every play instead of breaking off routes and doing whatever they want, they get in peoples heads and they go for the kill. niners are back baby!!!

This...plus the fact that Harbaugh's "heavy" package is something unique that teams have not seen before. When you get all those big bodies coming at you in a little different way, it is hard to stand up to it.

I am expecting Jim Schwantz, who is a very good defensive coach, will likely have an answer for that formation. Let's see if Harbaugh has some new wrinkles for him.
Morris shouldn't have talked s**t. Harbaugh doesn't talk...he sends messages on the field.
Originally posted by djfullshred:

And don't forget how they talked about the Bucs starting slow and finishing strong. You don't slow down against a team known for comebacks like last week.
It's not what we did, it's how we did it. You're a opposing DB, you see 3TE and a 300+ offensive line coming at you in the 4th, and you're down 10+ pts. You will be thinking 'lets move on to the next game'

[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Oct 10, 2011 at 9:30 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone