There are 57 users in the forums

"The Joe Show" - Joe Staley Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online ⇨
So now we're back to needing a tackle again in the draft. I guess receiver will have to wait. Or is it a LB or corner. Maybe a guard. We could use help at all these spot but we likely won't be able to address them all this off season. Not enough draft picks and not enough cap room.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kyzen:
Originally posted by evil:
I guess that will work, then all we have to do is give up our aspirations of winning enough games to get to the playoffs and winning any playoff games.

Can you show me an OT that never gets beat?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
So now we're back to needing a tackle again in the draft. I guess receiver will have to wait. Or is it a LB or corner. Maybe a guard. We could use help at all these spot but we likely won't be able to address them all this off season. Not enough draft picks and not enough cap room.

Why are we back to needing a tackle? Joe should be back and we have Skule and Brunskill as our backups. Wr is still our biggest need going into the draft.
  • Kyzen
I guess that will work, then all we have to do is give up our aspirations of winning enough games to get to the playoffs and winning any playoff games.

Never? Of course not. Come on man, I love Staley, but he's been a liability this year and we need to get the offense fixed and fixed fast. He needs to bow out until he's needed.
  • titan
  • Veteran
I don't think he is ready to comeback. I'd give him a few more weeks.
  • evil
  • Veteran

Never? Of course not. Come on man, I love Staley, but he's been a liability this year and we need to get the offense fixed and fixed fast. He needs to bow out until he's needed.

This past week he was but not in the first two games. Skule playing at LT means help will be schemed likely through years end, not so much if Joe gets back healthy and finds his groove again.

This past week he was but not in the first two games. Skule playing at LT means help will be schemed likely through years end, not so much if Joe gets back healthy and finds his groove again.

I'd make Skule battle with Brunskill for the job. Personally I thought Bruns played better albeit at RT
Man poor old Joe having a rough year. I can't see him doing this too much longer. That body has to be hurting.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers808:
I'd make Skule battle with Brunskill for the job. Personally I thought Bruns played better albeit at RT

No time for that now really though. Whoever you want to go with should get all the practice snaps in during the week so they are ready to go on Sunday.
While it's fair to criticize his play due to age n rust. The anger and disrespect directed at him baffles me. Reminds me of those ridiculous Dodger fans running over the Kershaw jerseys.

Staley has given his career and body to our organization.

Originally posted by SolRebe1:
While it's fair to criticize his play due to age n rust. The anger and disrespect directed at him baffles me. Reminds me of those ridiculous Dodger fans running over the Kershaw jerseys.

OK? Dude gets paid. He isn't volunteering.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

It's a cut throat business - once they think your done, they have no mercy.

Disrespect? Did fans boo or throw stuff at him?
Originally posted by susweel:

The sentiment on here is in that direction.
Originally posted by susweel:

The sentiment on here is in that direction.

It's a fan forum I seriously doubt staley reads it.
Share 49erswebzone