LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 266 users in the forums

"The Joe Show" - Joe Staley Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
While it's fair to criticize his play due to age n rust. The anger and disrespect directed at him baffles me. Reminds me of those ridiculous Dodger fans running over the Kershaw jerseys.

Staley has given his career and body to our organization.
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
While it's fair to criticize his play due to age n rust. The anger and disrespect directed at him baffles me. Reminds me of those ridiculous Dodger fans running over the Kershaw jerseys.

OK? Dude gets paid. He isn't volunteering.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

It's a cut throat business - once they think your done, they have no mercy.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Disrespect? Did fans boo or throw stuff at him?
Originally posted by susweel:

The sentiment on here is in that direction.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

The sentiment on here is in that direction.

It's a fan forum I seriously doubt staley reads it.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

The team has payed him handsomely for his services - what do you expect them to do, if he's starting to break down?
[ Edited by mayo49 on Nov 13, 2019 at 5:45 PM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:

The team has payed him handsomely for his services - what do you expect them to do, if he's starting to break down?

Nothing wrong with acknowledging him breaking down and drop in play, i see it too. But the sense of resentment and questioning his work ethic. Come on man
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Nothing wrong with acknowledging him breaking down and drop in play, i see it too. But the sense of resentment and questioning his work ethic. Come on man

I never questioned his work ethic - he's always been a hard worker in my eyes. Just unfortunate that he's hurt - I think he still has something left.

I never questioned his work ethic - he's always been a hard worker in my eyes. Just unfortunate that he's hurt - I think he still has something left.

Wasn't referring to you bud.

However, note to self. Don't compare Niner fans to Dodger fans

No anger or disrespect here. I just want the guys that give us the best chance to win on the field. And he hasn't performed as well as others.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MBNINER90266:
No anger or disrespect here. I just want the guys that give us the best chance to win on the field. And he hasn't performed as well as others.

I don't recall anyone complaining about his performance in weeks one and two.
Originally posted by evil:

I'm not; I'm complaining about Monday. Because it was an obvious drop-off from Skule's play. I didn't see any drop-off when Skule came in.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MBNINER90266:
Originally posted by evil:

I'm not; I'm complaining about Monday. Because it was an obvious drop-off from Skule's play. I didn't see any drop-off when Skule came in.

So one bad game coming back from injury and we are jumping to conclusions? It is a small sample size especially considering we don't know how truly healthy Joe was going into the game.

We also know when Skule played, we schemed him help, something we don't do with Joe nor did we do going into that Seattle game.

It is an emotional overreaction from part of the fan base.
Needs to retire
Share 49ersWebzone