LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 152 users in the forums

Breaking News: 49ers release Damon Huard

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Freeing up a roster spot for Crabtree.....ah one can wish
Originally posted by susweel:
That sucks, they should have released Alex Smith. Huard is a better backup then Alex.

I agree. Alex is one of the worst QB's in the entire league, bar none. The 49ers now have the most pathetic set of QB's ever unleashed on an NFL season. Good luck, we're gonna need it. Go ahead, call me what you want (Speaking to the alex apologists) but I am not wavering on my stance. Alex Smith SUCKS and unfortunately he is here to stay this year. If we have to rely on him, chalk it up as a loss.

If we don't get a solid, legitimate QB next year than we Scotty the GM should be replaced. 6-7 games this year?? Maybe. Don't count on winning the division or even getting close to it. If we had someone like Warner or Hasslebeck, maybe. But Hill and Smith...LOL
Davis
we should have waited until the p.season was over to cut him...what if one of the other three get hurt now?
  • Jd925
  • Veteran
That sucks, they should have released Alex Smith. Huard is a better backup then Alex.
Originally posted by ninerfan818:

I agree. Alex is one of the worst QB's in the entire league, bar none. The 49ers now have the most pathetic set of QB's ever unleashed on an NFL season. Good luck, we're gonna need it. Go ahead, call me what you want (Speaking to the alex apologists) but I am not wavering on my stance. Alex Smith SUCKS and unfortunately he is here to stay this year. If we have to rely on him, chalk it up as a loss.

If we don't get a solid, legitimate QB next year than we Scotty the GM should be replaced. 6-7 games this year?? Maybe. Don't count on winning the division or even getting close to it. If we had someone like Warner or Hasslebeck, maybe. But Hill and Smith...LOL

I believe that distinction belongs to the 2004 squad

Door See it, no go through it
Pickett (mad special teams)
Doughman
Rat

http://slam.canoe.ca/StatsFBP/BC-FBP-LGNS-SANFRNCSCOROS-R.html

I'll always remember that Chicago game
Originally posted by matt49er:
we should have waited until the p.season was over to cut him...what if one of the other three get hurt now?

There was no point in keeping him around, even for one more day. Just like Hill being named the starting QB. Once the decision was made, Sing and McCloughan took action. Same thing with Huard. The new regime doesn't dick around.......

Take it back man! Take it back or go outside and cut a f**king tree down!!

I think it's fair to say that the coaching staff thought about that. Which could also mean, that Huard might not be the QB signed, if a QB were to get hurt in SD.

To all of the eternal Smith supporters who still believe that Alex has potential, please take a look at what Davis has done in his very first preseason... Despite the fact that it was against 2nd and 3rd stringers, Nate showed more against the cowboys than Alex has throughout his entire career with the niners.

That is what a real NFL QB looks like.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by abowers1984:
To all of the eternal Smith supporters who still believe that Alex has potential, please take a look at what Davis has done in his very first preseason... Despite the fact that it was against 2nd and 3rd stringers, Nate showed more against the cowboys than Alex has throughout his entire career with the niners.

C'mon abowers you did not have to go there, I'd hate for this to turn into another thread against Alex Smith.

Alex had McCarthy as his OC during his rookie year. Many articles had been written that McCarthy's offense was very complex and hard to learn. Raye's offense is more simple and Davis is being slowly bought a long because of his learning ability as was stated in a few articles just today. Alex's development was probably not as slow as much more is expected of the #1 overall pick. I do agree that Davis is more decisive with his throws but we all have read and know of Alex's hesitancy when he doesn't know an offense which he was far from in his 1st year in McCarthy's offense.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

C'mon abowers you did not have to go there, I'd hate for this to turn into another thread against Alex Smith.

He's correct though. 49ers management is making a huge mistake. The niners should have been solidifying this position for a while now. We are still piss poor at the most important position on the entire squad.
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

He's correct though. 49ers management is making a huge mistake. The niners should have been solidifying this position for a while now. We are still piss poor at the most important position on the entire squad.

I don't think dropping Huard is a huge mistake. Huard is on the downside of his career and even when he started he was okay at best. I don't think he has much left in him and he definitely isn't our future. As much as most don't want to believe, the 49ers still believe Alex has upside which is why we redid his contract and the fact that it was for 2 years and not 1. Alex and Nate Davis gives us possibilities for the future whereas Huard doesn't.
Share 49ersWebzone