LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 129 users in the forums

Breaking News: 49ers release Damon Huard

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Good for Nate. "Let's not settle for 3 points". The kid has balls. Let the chips fall where they may. If Hill is still playing come December, that will probably be a good thing and a good sign for the team and fans. It may also bode well for 9er fans too if Alex is playing in December. OTOH if Davis is playing chances are that will be a bad sign but maybe he'll be ready to compete for the starting job next year. He does have a hell of an arm. Am looking forward to watching him play this weekend.
Originally posted by TDilvr:
Good for Nate. "Let's not settle for 3 points". The kid has balls. Let the chips fall where they may. If Hill is still playing come December, that will probably be a good thing and a good sign for the team and fans. It may also bode well for 9er fans too if Alex is playing in December. OTOH if Davis is playing chances are that will be a bad sign but maybe he'll be ready to compete for the starting job next year. He does have a hell of an arm. Am looking forward to watching him play this weekend.

Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Originally posted by susweel:
That sucks, they should have released Alex Smith. Huard is a better backup then Alex.

I agree. Alex is one of the worst QB's in the entire league, bar none. The 49ers now have the most pathetic set of QB's ever unleashed on an NFL season. Good luck, we're gonna need it. Go ahead, call me what you want (Speaking to the alex apologists) but I am not wavering on my stance. Alex Smith SUCKS and unfortunately he is here to stay this year. If we have to rely on him, chalk it up as a loss.

If we don't get a solid, legitimate QB next year than we Scotty the GM should be replaced. 6-7 games this year?? Maybe. Don't count on winning the division or even getting close to it. If we had someone like Warner or Hasslebeck, maybe. But Hill and Smith...LOL

I believe that distinction belongs to the 2004 squad

Door See it, no go through it
Pickett (mad special teams)
Doughman
Rat

http://slam.canoe.ca/StatsFBP/BC-FBP-LGNS-SANFRNCSCOROS-R.html

I'll always remember that Chicago game

Yeah I have to agree, 818 is just a mad Smith hater and now that it looks as if Hill is going to struggle, he is jumping ship. No way the crop of QB's we have now is anywhere near as bad as the 04 ones. I find it funny how these internet GM's think they are smarter than the people that get paid to make the decisions. It makes one wonder what color the sky is in their world. Hooray for ignorance and hyperbole!

[ Edited by Memphis9er on Sep 2, 2009 at 07:35:07 ]
Good. Huard would be a fine backup, but he doesn't add anything to the long-term for this team. If there came a point this year where we needed him, our season would have been over anyway.
Originally posted by Youngone:
Freeing up a roster spot for Crabtree.....ah one can wish

We already had a open roster spot since Marvel Smith retired. That's not it. They'll probably fill those two spots BEFORE Crabtree signs, and when he does, they'll just release some else.
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
Originally posted by Youngone:
Freeing up a roster spot for Crabtree.....ah one can wish

We already had a open roster spot since Marvel Smith retired. That's not it. They'll probably fill those two spots BEFORE Crabtree signs, and when he does, they'll just release some else.

I'm wishing for that roster spot to be taken by Crabtree!
Let the QB controversy begin! A good showing by Davis and another poor one from Hill against the bolts and this forum is blowing up
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
That sucks, they should have released Alex Smith. Huard is a better backup then Alex.

I agree. Alex is one of the worst QB's in the entire league, bar none. The 49ers now have the most pathetic set of QB's ever unleashed on an NFL season. Good luck, we're gonna need it. Go ahead, call me what you want (Speaking to the alex apologists) but I am not wavering on my stance. Alex Smith SUCKS and unfortunately he is here to stay this year. If we have to rely on him, chalk it up as a loss.

If we don't get a solid, legitimate QB next year than we Scotty the GM should be replaced. 6-7 games this year?? Maybe. Don't count on winning the division or even getting close to it. If we had someone like Warner or Hasslebeck, maybe. But Hill and Smith...LOL

Doughman
Rat

Yeah I have to agree, 818 is just a mad Smith hater and now that it looks as if Hill is going to struggle, he is jumping ship. No way the crop of QB's we have now is anywhere near as bad as the 04 ones. I find it funny how these internet GM's think they are smarter than the people that get paid to make the decisions. It makes one wonder what color the sky is in their world. Hooray for ignorance and hyperbole!

Smith hater what a joke. If hating a QB that sucks as opposed to having blind faith is being a hater than I am a HATER!!! They are keeping Smith so Scotty can save face. He still believes Smith can contribute though after 5 years of trying it is clear that he cannot. I still don't understand why I could be labeled as a hater just because I have no confidence in his ability to lead this team.
WOW!! Everyone on here is jocking Davis to fast! Go look at the ESPN NFL Insider today. He is far from learning the playbook, but what he's done in games is against scrubs for the most part. Come on Cleo Lemon & Bruce Gradowski lead the league in passing. he is not our savior!
Originally posted by wailers15:
WOW!! Everyone on here is jocking Davis to fast! Go look at the ESPN NFL Insider today. He is far from learning the playbook, but what he's done in games is against scrubs for the most part. Come on Cleo Lemon & Bruce Gradowski lead the league in passing. he is not our savior!

since when has BSPN been a credible source

Doughman
Rat

Smith hater what a joke. If hating a QB that sucks as opposed to having blind faith is being a hater than I am a HATER!!! They are keeping Smith so Scotty can save face. He still believes Smith can contribute though after 5 years of trying it is clear that he cannot. I still don't understand why I could be labeled as a hater just because I have no confidence in his ability to lead this team.

Let's be straight about one thing, 30 starts and 32 games total is hardly 5 years worth.
Originally posted by wailers15:

yeah but what he's done with almost no reps is impressive. He makes it looks easy, and from a rookie, you can't teach that

Doughman
Rat

i personally have no love for alex smith as well and wish he was the one who woulda got cut. but i think it was a move for the long term. saying that i personally think we kept him so we could move him later this season or next season as in for trade value(i dunno who would wanna pick him up??? maybe NOLAN? haha) anyways. since broncos are having problems under center i'd send them alex smith, and a first rounder for brandon marshall! that would fix their problems... and it would give us a probowler!
Good move by the 49ers. Nate Davis is worthy of the job.
Originally posted by alanbeez22:

Doughman
Rat

i personally have no love for alex smith as well and wish he was the one who woulda got cut. but i think it was a move for the long term. saying that i personally think we kept him so we could move him later this season or next season as in for trade value(i dunno who would wanna pick him up??? maybe NOLAN? haha) anyways. since broncos are having problems under center i'd send them alex smith, and a first rounder for brandon marshall! that would fix their problems... and it would give us a probowler!

I just hope that the team knows what they are doing. From the record the last five years and the futile attempts at upgrading the QB position. I really hope they are right.
Share 49ersWebzone