There are 222 users in the forums

Would you trade Frank Gore??

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Would you trade Frank Gore??

this thread was dead for 2 months and then bumped?

Gore has been less and less of a threat since his big pro-bowl season. It’s not all his fault, the line hasn’t been great and we haven’t had ANY other threats for the opposing defense to focus on. Were starting to bring things around as everyone saw last year, so I wouldn't trade him just yet; he's a proven Vet, a leader on an offense that hasn't had a steady leader in years. We draft a good back, or actually USE Clayton, Let them split some carries with Gore this year that does 2 things.

1. Lets Gore get some much needed rest, keeps him fresh for just a little longer.
2. Gets a rookie or inexperienced player some time on the field in preparation for a lead role once Gore is done!

Seems simple to me!
Originally posted by 804Niner:
Originally posted by stonecold590:
yes to denver for champ bailey. then we draft RB in second round and you have him a FB from FA and clayton run the team. and now u have clements and champ at CB harris moves to FS.

And then you would have the Ravens...A great D and an average or less than average O...

First off the Ravens still won games and a super bowl if i might add. second if MCSING drafted correctly we could get one hell of a running back in the draft. and still pick up Norris or someone else is in FA. So second round Pick on Running back could even go with one of the first rounders, Clayton. our new FB. clements on one side Champ on the other, Harris FS, and M Lewis at SS. looks good to me.

plus we will get more years out of champ then gore. gore has only got 2-4 good years left for his body to take. eventually we can move champ to safety.
Frank Gore is a beast. He is from my city Miami and my state of FL....you know where the best NFL players come from But the NFL is a business. I think you give the player on his caliber the upmost respect. I would trade any RB if the price is right. Lets face it. RB's are a dime a dozen. Its easier to replace a RB than lets say a QB, DE, or DT.
not even for adrian peterson!
the only way i trade gore is if he's unhappy and wants to go... thats the problem with the N.F.L "not for long" league.. not enough loyalty.
Where's krizay's monkey when you need him?
Only for Matt Forte or Steve Slaton.
Originally posted by 804Niner:
Originally posted by stonecold590:
yes to denver for champ bailey. then we draft RB in second round and you have him a FB from FA and clayton run the team. and now u have clements and champ at CB harris moves to FS.

And then you would have the Ravens...A great D and an average or less than average O...

lol champ bailey? that trade only worked the first time around. now hes getting older. bailey and clements is overkill. our pass protection isnt THAT bad that we need to deal Gore to fix it. besides, Harris is no lock to be any good at S.

are you crazy gore is a beast wish we could get vick wit him
For the right offer yes. We would need a proven player in return. If we traded for draft picks we might as well slam our balls in a door.....,
Originally posted by 49erceltic:
are you crazy gore is a beast wish we could get vick wit him

Depends for who or what we're trading for....anyone on the team is tradable...

[ Edited by Juniorminime on Feb 25, 2009 at 18:05:07 ]
Originally posted by ReturnOfTheDon:
Frank Gore is a beast. He is from my city Miami and my state of FL....you know where the best NFL players come from But the NFL is a business. I think you give the player on his caliber the upmost respect. I would trade any RB if the price is right. Lets face it. RB's are a dime a dozen. Its easier to replace a RB than lets say a QB, DE, or DT.

Exactly. RB's just dont last, that's a fact. If we could get a young player of value or a couple of first rounders, I would send gore packing.
Share 49ersWebzone