Would you trade Frank Gore??

• gore4prez
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by Super5:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by ninernutt:
Man, thats gross!!!! only 47% of you said hell no. That guy would die for the 49ers, i was born in '81 and have been a fan since i could remember (dad was a fan)
and i never seen a guy with such heart and love for the 49ers, NEVER! He have some loyalty people, he may not have much left so draft a youngster, i would hate to see him wear any color than red and gold, and he probably would too. By the way i voted hell no!

I agree with you.

What a stupid question to ask in the first place(Frank is the face of the offense and is still young).

It also goes to show you how many fake 49er fans are on this site.

No it doesn't, actually. But a lot of people here recognize that the average productive life of an NFL running back is short. And that the NFL is structures to penalize teams who hold on to players too long. Lot of people here love Frank and his heart but recognize realities.

That doesn't make them bad fans. We are not discussing the Cuddly Fluffy Teddy Bears League, here. That's in a different section

Yes it does actually.

Frank Gore is only 25 yrs old has 4441yds,4.7avg,22td in his 4 year rushing career without mentioning his receiving stats and you mean to tell me you would trade him???

Good bye

He'll be 26 at the start of the season. We realistically can't expect us to be contenders for AT BEST 2 YEARS. Which will make him 28. That's if we are indeed contenders in 2 years. We all know 30 is the key age for most RB's .

So if we could trade Gore for something of value why not? Especially if that player has a more legitmate shot at a longer shelf life than the 4 years.

You Cali boys are smoking way too much. Frank Gore IS OUR ONLY SUPERSTAR PLAYER on offense. Who cares if somebody has a longer shelf life ? Are you really willing to risk the production that Gore provides? What do you mean by " something of value " Like a top five pick? We saw what happened last time we had one of those. Come on man..........
Reading the "Is is me..." thread I thought this wold be fun to revisit!
Man, thats gross!!!! only 47% of you said hell no. That guy would die for the 49ers, i was born in '81 and have been a fan since i could remember (dad was a fan)
and i never seen a guy with such heart and love for the 49ers, NEVER! He have some loyalty people, he may not have much left so draft a youngster, i would hate to see him wear any color than red and gold, and he probably would too. By the way i voted hell no!

I agree with you.

What a stupid question to ask in the first place(Frank is the face of the offense and is still young).

No it doesn't, actually. But a lot of people here recognize that the average productive life of an NFL running back is short. And that the NFL is structures to penalize teams who hold on to players too long. Lot of people here love Frank and his heart but recognize realities.

That doesn't make them bad fans. We are not discussing the Cuddly Fluffy Teddy Bears League, here. That's in a different section

Yes it does actually.

Frank Gore is only 25 yrs old has 4441yds,4.7avg,22td in his 4 year rushing career without mentioning his receiving stats and you mean to tell me you would trade him???

Good bye

He'll be 26 at the start of the season. We realistically can't expect us to be contenders for AT BEST 2 YEARS. Which will make him 28. That's if we are indeed contenders in 2 years. We all know 30 is the key age for most RB's .

So if we could trade Gore for something of value why not? Especially if that player has a more legitmate shot at a longer shelf life than the 4 years.

exactly. It is all about your priorities. From what I can tell, 90% of the zone only cares about NEXT season...very few are actually looking at the big picture.

It would definitely be a big picture move. I would also argue that Gore has got to be 1, 2 years tops from being untradeable.....so if we want something for him we have to move fast.

Nobody is stupid enough to believe we would be better off next season without Gore, so there is no need to bash people on this. The question is....is it a good long term decision.
  • ASHYLARRY51
  • Info N/A
Quote:
I know some of you die hard Gore fans would say I'm crazy.. And I for one love Frank, but I'm also looking objectively towards the future.. It looks as if we'll be getting another OC next season, setting us back another 2 or 3 years. We have young WR's who will have time to develop and benefit from a new OC.. But Gore doesn't have that long to sit around and wait... 3 More seasons and he will be past his prime.. Would you consider moving him for players or draft picks???

NOPE!!!! Are you kidding me... i know where your coming from just trying to get prepared for the future but how can we prepare for the future when we have problems in the present. He's our only genuine star on offense and we want to get rid of him...You must be a GOLDEN STATE WARRIOR FAN...only the Warriors would do something like that...sorry to all warrior fans im a die hard fan myself
Originally posted by danimal:

I agree with you.

Yes it does actually.

Good bye

exactly. It is all about your priorities. From what I can tell, 90% of the zone only cares about NEXT season...very few are actually looking at the big picture.

It would definitely be a big picture move. I would also argue that Gore has got to be 1, 2 years tops from being untradeable.....so if we want something for him we have to move fast.

Nobody is stupid enough to believe we would be better off next season without Gore, so there is no need to bash people on this. The question is....is it a good long term decision.

Perhaps you didn't realize that NFL stands for "Not For Long". We're planning for next year's team, not for four years down the road. I'm not saying you completely neglect looking toward future seasons, but I am saying that you can't base your all your planning on them. The Pats have signed players such as Shawn Springs and various other players nearing the decline of their careers... why you might ask? because they're playing to win NEXT YEAR. Be smart. Gore is our best weapon and has most yards from scrimmage since like 05 or 06 besides Westbrook. Let's not be foolish people.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Originally posted by danimal:

I agree with you.

Yes it does actually.

Good bye

Perhaps you didn't realize that NFL stands for "Not For Long". We're planning for next year's team, not for four years down the road. I'm not saying you completely neglect looking toward future seasons, but I am saying that you can't base your all your planning on them. The Pats have signed players such as Shawn Springs and various other players nearing the decline of their careers... why you might ask? because they're playing to win NEXT YEAR. Be smart. Gore is our best weapon and has most yards from scrimmage since like 05 or 06 besides Westbrook. Let's not be foolish people.

dude you just played yourself by using the Patriots as an example. 2 profoundly different situations. Thats where we want to be.....in a place where next year MATTERS. If we had an inkling of a chance at a Championship....hell NO would I trade Gore...hell yes I would sign pro bowl veterans near the end of their career.

Again, we are debating for the wrong reasons. It simple

if you believe we have a shot at a Championship next season, ofcourse keep Gore
if you believe we have a shot at a Championship 2010 season, ofcourse keep Gore
if you don't necessarily care about winning a Championship, by all means Keep Gore

If you don't fall under any of the above categories, the idea of trading Gore is at least worth consideration
  • PWillis4Prez
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by ASHYLARRY51:
Quote:
I know some of you die hard Gore fans would say I'm crazy.. And I for one love Frank, but I'm also looking objectively towards the future.. It looks as if we'll be getting another OC next season, setting us back another 2 or 3 years. We have young WR's who will have time to develop and benefit from a new OC.. But Gore doesn't have that long to sit around and wait... 3 More seasons and he will be past his prime.. Would you consider moving him for players or draft picks???

NOPE!!!! Are you kidding me... i know where your coming from just trying to get prepared for the future but how can we prepare for the future when we have problems in the present. He's our only genuine star on offense and we want to get rid of him...You must be a GOLDEN STATE WARRIOR FAN...only the Warriors would do something like that...sorry to all warrior fans im a die hard fan myself

die hard Lakers fan Iam
Originally posted by King49er:

I'd do it right now for a top 15 in this years draft and a 2nd rounder this year. I'd go get Moreno with that 1st pick. Then with our 1st pick I would pick up Michael Oher and with the 2nd round picks pick up a receiver and defensive end.

• MNNinerFan
  • Info N/A
Yes, I would trade him. Everyone has a price they could be traded for, especially RB's. For those of you saying he could be the best RB for the next couple of years, who cares? SD had Tomlinson who arguably had the best 3 year span of any RB in NFL history, what did it get them? O, they also had a much more talented team around him too. We have so many holes to fill, if we could fill 2-3 of them with LEGITIMATE starters I would trade Gore. He has played his heart out for this organization, but everyone (especially on our roster) is expendable.
Originally posted by GONINERS09:
I'd do it right now for a top 15 in this years draft and a 2nd rounder this year. I'd go get Moreno with that 1st pick. Then with our 1st pick I would pick up Michael Oher and with the 2nd round picks pick up a receiver and defensive end.

Please tell me what team would give a top 15 and a second for a 3rd round RB with suspect knees? Dont get me wrong , I like Gore but no team would give up that much. You are dreaming!
So I'm bringing this thread back to life... I say trade Frank Gore and this years number 1 to denver for Cutler.... I would pull the trigger for a true franchise QB.. To all you who think I'm crazy I say WHAAAAAAATEEEVVVVEEEEERRR.
Originally posted by jays9ers:
So I'm bringing this thread back to life... I say trade Frank Gore and this years number 1 to denver for Cutler.... I would pull the trigger for a true franchise QB.. To all you who think I'm crazy I say WHAAAAAAATEEEVVVVEEEEERRR.

Dude your dreaming in color living in black and white.....NO way you give a probowl back up for a qb that has won anything he is good but your gonna throw in a number 10 pick tooo?? your nucking futz. I would do roman and number one but thats about it. NOt frank not on a Run first team..no seems to get this we are goin to RUN !! wouldnt be surprised if we draft a RB in 1 or 2 and power run over everyone..then trade frank in a year or two.
Originally posted by jays9ers:
[ Edited by BIGDOGG42 on Apr 1, 2009 at 10:01 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone