Would you trade Frank Gore??

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Would you trade Frank Gore??

• sf49ersfan80
  • Info N/A
im glad 66% of us have a brain
  • gore4prez
  • Info N/A
can we trade the person who started this thread. He would make a good raider fan
  • WillisWillKilYou
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:
We value Frank Gore possibly more than anyone else in the league so it'd be hard to get what we think is fair in a trade, possibly something similar to compensation for a Franchise Tagged player (which no one would ever give for Gore)

There are only a handful of players in this league that are truly untouchable, on a grand scale, I don't think Frank Gore is one of them. Maybe minus those savage knee surgeries back in college and I'd change my mind. He's untouchable on our team simply for the fact that he has such an important role in our offense.

Clinton Portis was traded for Champ Bailey and a 2nd round pick. As much as I love Frank Gore, it is possible to trade him as long as we get good value.

Would people trade Frank Gore for Albert Haynesworth and a 2nd round pick?

How about a 2nd rounder and Frank Gore for Adrian Peterson? Nearly every player is tradeable when the right package presents itself.

I would rather have A.P..He's an elite running back in the league and soon will be the best RB in the league, he just won the rushing title......
  • Veteran
Originally posted by djfullshred:
Originally posted by 190836:
Originally posted by dhp318:
Originally posted by djfullshred:
Originally posted by 190836:
If we traded Joe Montana, then I wouldn't hesitate to trade gore if the price was right. It all depends on what we get for him.

Ok, what did we get for Montana in a trade?

safety David Whitmore & a 3rd round pick.

Still want to trade away Frank Gore?

if we get a 1st rounder? Sure.

Do you remember the trade for Steve Young? Everyone has a price. It has to be the right price though. BTW don't make Gore the greatest thing since slice bread either. Its not like he is the greatest back ever.

Highlighted in bold is getting to the point I am trying to make. Because of that, no team is going to just get down on their knees & give away their best prospects or draft picks to get him in a trade. So why try to deal him away? You can't rely on the Redskins to be a trading patsy every season.

I agree.
Originally posted by jays9ers:
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
how will he be passed his prime in 3 or 3 more seasons? he is young. Plus, sing is looking for a new oc to call more running plays just for gore. i would never trade him, but draft another qb and have him play in a couple of series.

Gore will be 28 in three years... Kinda old for RB standards... Not quite over the hill yet but defenintly getting there..

What the hell are talking about, ill agree with 30 but not 28
>>>>No
  • yoyo49
  • Info N/A
I'd trade Frank Gore for Patrick Willis
Originally posted by yoyo49:
I'd trade Frank Gore for Patrick Willis

Originally posted by English:
Running backs don't generally last all that long so yes. But I would want serious value for him. Spread, for safety, over two drafts

lol trade him for less than he's worth? no one will give us equal value.

we have in Gore a young, elite RB who we drafted in the 3rd round. a steal. dealing him for less than his value possible bust draft picks would be moronic. whats the point of drafting successfully if youre just going to turn it around and trade it for more question mark draft picks.

its like Billy Beane syndrome. constantly dealing players for more draft picks before theyve really had a chance to help your team. its just a never ending cycle in Oakland. draft a guy, trade him for draft picks, those picks turn out, trade them for draft picks, those turn out, trade them for draft picks, etc.

all the while, the guys that are turning out never have a chance to gel together and form a winning team. if beane ever assembled a solid team and kept them together for more than 2 years they might have an a WS in the last 15 years.
Amazing that this thread has gotten to 9 pages.

Frank Gore is our offense. HELLO???

• NinerNZ
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by crzyafrican:
I would only trade Frank Gore for a premier established STAR player.

Not for draft picks, because we'd probably f**k that up.

exactly.....

^ . . . what he said!
  • NinerNZ
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by NinerNZ:
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by crzyafrican:
I would only trade Frank Gore for a premier established STAR player.

Not for draft picks, because we'd probably f**k that up.

exactly.....

^ . . . what he said!

That's not to say that he should not be traded . . . just that we don't have a brain trust that wouldn't mess it up!
yes to denver for champ bailey. then we draft RB in second round and you have him a FB from FA and clayton run the team. and now u have clements and champ at CB harris moves to FS.
Originally posted by stonecold590:
yes to denver for champ bailey. then we draft RB in second round and you have him a FB from FA and clayton run the team. and now u have clements and champ at CB harris moves to FS.

And then you would have the Ravens...A great D and an average or less than average O...
  • TOP_CAT
  • Info N/A
Only if McGloughan could find some fool of a GM somewhere to offer the Niners a load of draft picks like Dallas got for trading Hershel Walker.
Other than that HECK NO !
Share 49ersWebzone