LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 290 users in the forums

Would you trade Frank Gore??

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Would you trade Frank Gore??

I know some of you die hard Gore fans would say I'm crazy.. And I for one love Frank, but I'm also looking objectively towards the future.. It looks as if we'll be getting another OC next season, setting us back another 2 or 3 years. We have young WR's who will have time to develop and benefit from a new OC.. But Gore doesn't have that long to sit around and wait... 3 More seasons and he will be past his prime.. Would you consider moving him for players or draft picks???
Not yet. He is too much of this offense to trade him, unless we get like 5 draft picks for him or something.
Running backs don't generally last all that long so yes. But I would want serious value for him. Spread, for safety, over two drafts
  • FriscoGold
  • Info N/A
yes. Exactly as you stated. The Salary Cap Era of the NFL is all timing. You aim for windows of years you can make a Championship run.....anyone who does not fit into the next window of opportunity is expendable.

But, the Niners are not interested in championships, just mediocrity; so they will keep Gore as long as he can help them sell jerseys and help the Niners send 1-3 players to the Pro Bowl each season.
how will he be passed his prime in 3 or 3 more seasons? he is young. Plus, sing is looking for a new oc to call more running plays just for gore. i would never trade him, but draft another qb and have him play in a couple of series.
all I have to say to the yes voters is...

PUT DOWN THE CRACK PIPE!
  • kodiak49er
  • Info N/A
gore can still be one of the best backs for the next couple of years even if we have to wait a lil longer for that champ run. but when that time comes just find another back to replace him at that time.
  • FriscoGold
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
all I have to say to the yes voters is...

PUT DOWN THE CRACK PIPE!

well maybe you should try some....you clearly need some help with vision beyond the 2 feet surrounding you
It wouldn't be a good idea in terms of team character perspective. You just don't "backstab" your best player and highly respected professional. The other players will begin to worry about themselves and what's good for them.
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
how will he be passed his prime in 3 or 3 more seasons? he is young. Plus, sing is looking for a new oc to call more running plays just for gore. i would never trade him, but draft another qb and have him play in a couple of series.

Gore will be 28 in three years... Kinda old for RB standards... Not quite over the hill yet but defenintly getting there..

For a first rounder, Yes! However, no team would make that deal.

Time is clicking for Gore. He probably has three more good years, and that is about it.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Where is my permaBAN button?
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chief49er:
Where is my permaBAN button?

Now thy read some of the post in this thread it makes hate Niner fans more.
  • jayboy
  • Info N/A
trade our best player on offense? no thanks
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
If we could get a top 10 pick I would do it. RBs can be easily found in later rounds.
Share 49ersWebzone