LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 263 users in the forums

Would you trade Frank Gore??

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Would you trade Frank Gore??

Every player is on the block no matter how much you love him.
If anybody think's we should trade Gore than you should have left with Nolan
Some of you are absolutely insane. Why on earth would you trade Gore for a 1st rounder? You would honestly trade Gore for Moreno or some other rookie?
Where is all this, "he's older now," crap coming from? Dude is 25 years old. There's at least one guy in the draft who's 25. Sure, most rookies are 21 or 22, but most players only get good at about 25.
So is the idea we get a rookie instead and then by the time he's good in 3 years we cut him because he's too old? I almost can't even believe I'm bothering to respond to this rediculous thread, so I'll just stop now.

[ Edited by mug0mug on Feb 23, 2009 at 15:41:48 ]
Originally posted by susweel:
If we could get a top 10 pick I would do it. RBs can be easily found in later rounds.

i'd rather have a proven player in frank gore than a top 10 pick.. if i were to trade frank gore, i would rather trade him for a proven player.. like a clinton portis for champ bailey trade
this comes up evry year...no
Originally posted by dhp318:
Originally posted by djfullshred:
Originally posted by 190836:
If we traded Joe Montana, then I wouldn't hesitate to trade gore if the price was right. It all depends on what we get for him.

Ok, what did we get for Montana in a trade?

safety David Whitmore & a 3rd round pick.

Still want to trade away Frank Gore?

if we get a 1st rounder? Sure.

yeah, but no one is going to want to give up a 1st rounder for Frank Gore.

Bottom line is trades in the NFL are usually done to move a player they already have good depth at, and fill other needs with role players or late round draft picks they get on the trade. Because of not having any depth at the running back position, Gore is worth a lot more to the 49ers than what any other team would be willing to offer for him. I can't see any realisitic scenerios where the 49ers would come out ahead on trading a player like him. Now, if they had two other really good running backs already, then it would be a different scenerio where they didn't need to get equal value for Gore, and still improve with a modest trade outcome.
  • jonnie59
  • Info N/A
NO NO NO!!!

While it may seem like a good idea, I would not trade him for a few reasons.

1. He is a vital part of the offense that we will run this coming season and will be for the rest of his years that he can produce.

2. While we may get another OC in a couple seasons or so after Raye, I do think that our QB coach Mike Johnson will be that OC. Singletary has said that he would like continuity at that position.

3. I don't think that the 49ers would get back what they want if they do try to trade Gore. Their are alot of RB's out there to be taken and with more and more teams leaning toward the 2-3 back system, Gore isn't worth 5 draft picks as some of the posters have said they wanted in return for trading him.
Trade F. Gore a player who's already proved himself in the NFL for a 1st rounder who could end up being a bust??? Wow you guys are crazy.
  • Veteran
If we traded Joe Montana, then I wouldn't hesitate to trade gore if the price was right. It all depends on what we get for him.

Do you remember the trade for Steve Young? Everyone has a price. It has to be the right price though. BTW don't make Gore the greatest thing since slice bread either. Its not like he is the greatest back ever.
I originally stated that we should have traded him after that monster season of his. Nolan just arrived and the Ravens werelooking for a running back at the time. People kept talking about how he was going to lead us to the promise land.

w his trade value has dropped since then, so i wouldn't now.

I would trade any player if I got enough in return for it. Trading Frank for a first round pick though..ehh...not in this draft for sure, but possibly for a top 5 pick with a second pick and maybe a third rounder too? it just depends on the picks and who would be avilable in the draft. Frank's a great player for sure though but having two high first round picks in a draft along with two high second rounders, and two high third rounders could you send you on your way to a championship run in a few years, as long as you draft well enough.

Do you remember the trade for Steve Young? Everyone has a price. It has to be the right price though. BTW don't make Gore the greatest thing since slice bread either. Its not like he is the greatest back ever.

Highlighted in bold is getting to the point I am trying to make. Because of that, no team is going to just get down on their knees & give away their best prospects or draft picks to get him in a trade. So why try to deal him away? You can't rely on the Redskins to be a trading patsy every season.

[ Edited by djfullshred on Feb 23, 2009 at 16:48:19 ]
We value Frank Gore possibly more than anyone else in the league so it'd be hard to get what we think is fair in a trade, possibly something similar to compensation for a Franchise Tagged player (which no one would ever give for Gore)

There are only a handful of players in this league that are truly untouchable, on a grand scale, I don't think Frank Gore is one of them. Maybe minus those savage knee surgeries back in college and I'd change my mind. He's untouchable on our team simply for the fact that he has such an important role in our offense.

Clinton Portis was traded for Champ Bailey and a 2nd round pick. As much as I love Frank Gore, it is possible to trade him as long as we get good value.

Would people trade Frank Gore for Albert Haynesworth and a 2nd round pick?

How about a 2nd rounder and Frank Gore for Adrian Peterson? Nearly every player is tradeable when the right package presents itself.

Offseason threads.....
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Offseason threads.....

Share 49ersWebzone