There are 168 users in the forums

Super Bowl LVII - First ever Super Bowl to feature two African American Quarterbacks.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Not the same

Yea it's a little worse. Receiver even stumbles. No need for flag

Suuuuuure

Do you not see Sherm yank straight down and Watkins stumble? How on earth they made a play without the refs help there, I'll never know

As you complain more and more about the call , your arguments are getting weaker and weaker .

Actually as my argument gets stronger you have had less and less to say

Try harder , and complain more

Keep advocating for a soft league. Says a lot about you

Crying about a penalty for weeks is not soft at all

Because the penalty was soft. 2 straight years ending the SB on soft. Im anti soft. I don't like soft football and will complain about soft football. You want soft

Your butt hurt is strong enough to keep this thread alive for months .

Damn right I'm butt hurt. I'm watching the game I love die. I wanna see great plays in the big moments. No more fast forwarding the ending on bail out calls

I'm writing my local politicians on your behalf .

Please do. I'll pat the refs on the back on your behalf for soft calls that continue to make the NFL a sh***ier product

I'll be here to taste all your tears

Hope you like the taste, there will be plenty more as the league continues to go in your preferred direction (soft)
Not the same

Suuuuuure

Do you not see Sherm yank straight down and Watkins stumble? How on earth they made a play without the refs help there, I'll never know

As you complain more and more about the call , your arguments are getting weaker and weaker .

Because the penalty was soft. 2 straight years ending the SB on soft. Im anti soft. I don't like soft football and will complain about soft football. You want soft

Damn right I'm butt hurt. I'm watching the game I love die. I wanna see great plays in the big moments. No more fast forwarding the ending on bail out calls

Please do. I'll pat the refs on the back on your behalf for soft calls that continue to make the NFL a sh***ier product

Hope you like the taste, there will be plenty more as the league continues to go in your preferred direction (soft)

I like playing with your feels
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by lamontb:
It was a good call by the refs

Yup

Agreed.

When a team gets bailed out to win the SB, it can't be a good call. Technically correct I can agree with, but not good

Even Bradberry (who the holding was against) literally said he was holding.

Lol
[ Edited by GoreGoreGore on Feb 25, 2023 at 10:15 AM ]
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by lamontb:
It was a good call by the refs

Yup

Agreed.

When a team gets bailed out to win the SB, it can't be a good call. Technically correct I can agree with, but not good

Even Bradberry (who the holding was against) literally said he held his jersey.

Lol

Bradberry doesn't have a soft frame to want to cry about it
Not the same

Suuuuuure

Good to know you were just playing, I seriously thought you were pushing for and stood behind soft football. You really had me fooled there
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Feb 25, 2023 at 10:19 AM ]
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Even Bradberry (who the holding was against) literally said he was holding.

Lol

I said the same. He nor I have ever once said it was a good call.
The Eagles also kinda set themselves up and had to live up to the "no complaining" standard set while talking so much s**t about our players. It's pretty funny because they had to take it like b***hes after all that talk
This thread turned out fun
Not the same

Suuuuuure

Good to know you were just playing, I seriously thought you were pushing for and stood behind soft football. You really had me fooled there

lets all agree this guy didn't deserve a ring.

[ Edited by DRCHOWDER on Feb 25, 2023 at 7:17 PM ]
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

lets all agree this guy didn't deserve a ring.

100%. Thank God they didn't pull that out, that whole team didn't deserve it outside of maybe AJ brown.

As good as it feels for them to lose on a bad call, I'm more worried about the future of the game.

If you think Mahomes can't make that throw to Juju, you've never watched him play. The pressure forced him off Kelce early and he just chucked it. The Chiefs won the game on a play they lost. This is the best against the best, no more bailing teams out over technicalities on plays that they just flat out got beaten.
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Feb 26, 2023 at 4:26 AM ]

Not the same

Suuuuuure

Everybody's tired of storyline football. You can see the narrative in the penalties in the championship games. Then, the terrible call in the big game. It feels like there's a betting line that had to happen, or viewership numbers that had to happen, or something. It feels like sports-o-tainment not televised sports anymore. Not just the NFL. Can't really put my finger on it, but it doesn't feel like the same competition it used to.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Everybody's tired of storyline football. You can see the narrative in the penalties in the championship games. Then, the terrible call in the big game. It feels like there's a betting line that had to happen, or viewership numbers that had to happen, or something. It feels like sports-o-tainment not televised sports anymore. Not just the NFL. Can't really put my finger on it, but it doesn't feel like the same competition it used to.

It's simply what the league 'wants' - to create stories and narratives that help generate interest. It would be hard to promote Pat Mahomes if he was 0-3 in Super Bowls (which he should be), but the coronation has begun. NFLN is already on the 'best QB of all time' path comparing his stats/SB's with Brady at similar points in their careers.

Today's NFL is definitely more entertainment oriented than it was 25, 35+ years ago. More shows about the NFL, a network completely dedicated to the product, the league changing rules to protect QB's and get more passing/stats/scores. Then add stuff like gambling and fantasy football, etc. etc. It has cheapened the product on the field, but given the conversations going on here, it looks as if most people don't care.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Not the same

Suuuuuure

I'm not there yet, I just think it's idiot refs that don't understand sports in general. They're like little hall monitors, they don't know what it's like to actually play and compete, they just think "rules, rules, rules".

My problem is advocating to keep taking the power out of the players hands and put it in theirs. If we keep doing that, what you're talking about WILL happen. There is way too much money involved these days for it to never be taken advantage of. It is starting to look bad with 2 straight SB ended on bail outs.
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Feb 26, 2023 at 5:18 AM ]
If supposedly the best weren't good enough to make a play that they could have, move on. Otherwise you're going down a slippery slope that could turn this sport into the WWE. Unless the play is egregiously affected, let the players decide. That's how it's always been and i question why they're trying to change it. And all the zombies are cheering them on lol

If you want EVERYTHING called at all points of the game, you are handing the outcome of every close game over to the NFL/refs. They will be able to find a call to sway any close game.
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Feb 26, 2023 at 5:28 AM ]
Sadly, agree with last couple of posts. I don't see any of our 49er blowouts happening, not exciting enough the typical fan. Can't make premium ad revenue in the fourth quarter of a 56-10 game. I feel like i have to talk to my kids about stuff like this.
Share 49ersWebzone