LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 210 users in the forums

Super Bowl LVII - First ever Super Bowl to feature two African American Quarterbacks.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Throw out the rulebook in the last 2 minutes. Prison rules, amirite?

" The threshold would be something like the one they missed earlier on juju. I'd be fine with that being called in crunch time "

Somehow translates to "I want prison rules! Throw out the rule book!!"

Welcome to the WZ.. when ppl can't argue your point as it stands they exaggerate your point and argue against their exaggeration lol

It wasnt just his point. There are plenty of people who claim you cant make calls to decide the game in the last 2 minutes.

A foul is a foul. That was a foul. It shouldnt matter what time of the game it is.
It wasnt just his point. There are plenty of people who claim you cant make calls to decide the game in the last 2 minutes.

A foul is a foul. That was a foul. It shouldnt matter what time of the game it is.

Maybe..

the vast majority of football folks and fans I talk to say yes, in late game moments, you gotta win on the play, refs are reluctant to bail out with a call. Perhaps the most terrible example of this was Saints v Rams. I always understood the Crabtree play as yeah you aren't gonna get a call there on 4th and goal in the Super Bowl, refs are gonna let em play and the outcome on the field will decide, unless supremely egregious. If he suplexes Crab while the ball is in there air, we probably get the flag lol. But a lil grab nope. Course this SB went the opposite direction.
It's holding. John Madden who belongs in the HOF 3x over, once said you could call holding on every play in the NFL.

Bosa didn't win on that play. We can get into arm placement and whatnot and get a hold for Bosa, but that's soft. I wanna see him win, nothing handed

If there was a jersey grab like Philly did there would be a flag
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
It's holding. John Madden who belongs in the HOF 3x over, once said you could call holding on every play in the NFL.

Bosa didn't win on that play. We can get into arm placement and whatnot and get a hold for Bosa, but that's soft. I wanna see him win, nothing handed

If there was a jersey grab like Philly did there would be a flag

Oh yea if Fishers hand closed for a split second there then Bosa totally would've earned it
Throw out the rulebook in the last 2 minutes. Prison rules, amirite?

" The threshold would be something like the one they missed earlier on juju. I'd be fine with that being called in crunch time "

Somehow translates to "I want prison rules! Throw out the rule book!!"

Welcome to the WZ.. when ppl can't argue your point as it stands they exaggerate your point and argue against their exaggeration lol

But it does though. It was also an insignificant foul and shouldn't have been called in the last two minutes of a meaningful game. If the defender had pushed down the receiver it would have been legal. It was just dumbass reffing that guaranteed kc win. The whole world saw it that way.
It was a good call by the refs
Jujus reaction after the play tells you all you need to know. There's not a lineman or WR that thinks they got held that isn't up in arms after the play. NFL films angle shows that Mahomes was looking for Kelce on the play, not juju. I honestly think he was just launching it out of harms way because the pressure got to him. Absolutely terrible bail out call. 2 straight SBs ended that way, let's keep cheering for more
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Feb 24, 2023 at 12:39 AM ]
Originally posted by lamontb:

Yup
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

Yup

Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

Yup

Steve Young and Greg Olson agree.. SOFT

Steve Young and Greg Olson agree.. SOFT

They are real men that love competition.

If you're the best, you shouldn't want that call. You should be looking at your Oline on that play. They didn't protect and that's why the play didn't work. Juju was open. 100% got bailed out on that play and ruined an almost all time SB
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Feb 25, 2023 at 1:22 AM ]
Same thing with the Crab play. Anthony Davis got blown the f**k up, a blitzer got through untouched, the pass was off. Like im not even thinking about the refs lol. We got our asses handed to us on that play. We needed to be great there and we weren't. We didn't earn it. We didn't deserve it.

We didn't need a weak holding call. We didn't need refs. We needed to be better.
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Feb 25, 2023 at 2:15 AM ]
Very similar contact. Sherman yanks down at the bottom of the 1 and Watkins loses balance. With good protection the play is made. The refs don't need to bail out the Oline and ice the SB. It's terrible for the sport. The chiefs can make that play, they just weren't good enough.

Very similar contact. Sherman yanks down at the bottom of the 1 and Watkins loses balance. With good protection the play is made. The refs don't need to bail out the Oline and ice the SB. It's terrible for the sport. The chiefs can make that play, they just weren't good enough.

Not the same
[ Edited by blizzuntz on Feb 25, 2023 at 8:28 AM ]
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Not the same

Yea it's a little worse. Receiver even stumbles. No need for flag
Share 49ersWebzone