LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 318 users in the forums

Derek Carr, Saints QB

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by 9er4lyphe:
The window on winning the SB is shrinking for this team. With Brady retiring, and Rodgers showing no interest in coming here. Why not kick the tires on a vet like Derek Carr? I think a fresh start with a squad ready to go all in will motivate Carr.

Cap space isn't there.
I don't think Carr is concerned about Money, he wants to win so he can rub it the Raiders face... what better way than to do it in the Red and Gold

Well, if this is true there would be no place better for him. I don't know, though. I guess it would depend on what other offers he received.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by 9er4lyphe:
The window on winning the SB is shrinking for this team. With Brady retiring, and Rodgers showing no interest in coming here. Why not kick the tires on a vet like Derek Carr? I think a fresh start with a squad ready to go all in will motivate Carr.

Cap space isn't there.
I don't think Carr is concerned about Money, he wants to win so he can rub it the Raiders face... what better way than to do it in the Red and Gold

Well, if this is true there would be no place better for him. I don't know, though. I guess it would depend on what other offers he received.
i mean he could have accepted any trade offers and get paid the same (40m avg) if he wanted the money..
We're going with Trey until Brock is ready to go (unless Trey miraculously becomes really good, in which case we'll stick with him).
[ Edited by 5_Golden_Rings on Feb 14, 2023 at 11:03 PM ]
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
We're going with Trey until Brock is ready to go (unless Trey miraculously becomes really good, in which case we'll stick with him).

I think after what we saw from the last pick in the draft, anything is possible including Trey becoming a good QB.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Feb 15, 2023 at 9:35 AM ]
Miami should be in play for Carr. Tua concussion history is very concerning. And Miami has good offensive talents that should be of interest to Carr.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Not having a defense on your team has nothing to do with your performance as a quarterback against opposing defenses. We weren't talking about wins we were talking about performance and David Carr is not a good quarterback under pressure. He chokes so often and he's always had some great weapons and a very good Oline up until recently.

Sorry, but this is ridiculous. Not having a defense absolutely affects how a QB plays. Anyone who claims it doesnt really does not have a fundamental understanding of the game.
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Feb 15, 2023 at 10:01 AM ]
trash. Raiders were actually stacked when they had Amari Cooper and still got BENT over.
Them cutting their QB for nothing lol not the best play most likely for Vegas. Reminds me of when we sold Owens for nothing and cut Garcia for nothing.
  • dj43
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
trash. Raiders were actually stacked when they had Amari Cooper and still got BENT over.

They had a really good chance in the playoffs then Carr broke his leg. Everything went downhill from there.

I believe he can be very good apart from the hot mess that is the Raiders. He isn't a fit in SF for several reasons that we all can see. I like the guy. He has a fire that burns hot. I hope he lands in a good place.
[ Edited by dj43 on Feb 15, 2023 at 3:58 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Them cutting their QB for nothing lol not the best play most likely for Vegas. Reminds me of when we sold Owens for nothing and cut Garcia for nothing.

Yeah their front office messed up big here. Should've just let him play out his last contract instead of signing him to a extension. If they had done that they'll at least get a comp pick out of this.

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Reminds me of when McDaniels traded Jay Cutler and then used a 1st on Tebow. Why do teams keep hiring this guy?
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:

I think after what we saw from the last pick in the draft, anything is possible including Trey becoming a good QB.

In a nutshell.

Hope both guys can get fully healthy.
  • evil
  • Veteran
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I wonder how Zach Wilson is feeling!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I wonder how Zach Wilson is feeling!!!

Like a millionaire???

If Zach Wilson was drafted where Purdy was drafted would he ever have been a millionaire? Would he even be on a NFL roster?

This is my problem with multi million dollar scouting departments in the nfl.
Share 49ersWebzone